Game-Labs Forum

2 New Items: Loki Rune, And Ship Logbook

Captains

2 new amazing items will come to the game in the next (treacherous waters) patch

Loki Rune 
Item Description: 
Bjarkan er laufgrønster líma;
Loki bar flærða tíma

• Purpose unknown
  • Origin unknown

Ship Logbook
Item Description:
Omnia iam fient quae posse negabam

Origin known: Drops from open world combat activities
Purpose known: Shows open PVP battles in a certain radius around the player.

This is a pvp item - it probably wont work on the Peace server even for testing

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Miaowi said:

Loki  = trickster god

The icelandic whapped through google translate comes up as:    Bjarkan is a leafy green paste.,The valve carried the elapsed time

Some sort of close battle timer thing?

Maybe the Loki rune is the thing to enter the « OW wind warp zone »?

34 minutes ago, admin said:

Capitaines

2 nouveaux objets fantastiques viendront au jeu dans le prochain patch (eaux perfides)

Loki Rune 
Description de l'objet: 
Loki bar flærða tíma

• But inconnu
  • Origine inconnue

Journal de bord du navire
Description de l'élément:

Origine connue: Baisse d'activité de combat dans un monde ouvert
Objet connu: Affiche les combats de PVP ouverts dans un certain rayon autour du joueur.

Ceci est un élément PvP - il ne fonctionnera probablement pas sur le serveur Peace, même pour les tests.

This is the announcement effect but we have news about the raid or the other "new feature"? how will it work? Because every time we look at your posts, we all wonder what to talk about.

• Like 1

If nothing will change  with Port Br/ Ship BR or other usefull stuff, I don’t care about both new items. Don’t forget the new DLC Ship. 

Old Norse:

Loki bar flærða tíma.[53]

Modern English:

Birch has the greenest leaves of any shrub;

Loki was fortunate in his deceit, ibility for Balder's death.

Edited by Salty Sails
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

If nothing will change  with Port Br/ Ship BR or other usefull stuff, I don’t care about both new items. Don’t forget the new DLC Ship. 

Old Norse:

Loki bar flærða tíma.[53]

Modern English:

Loki was fortunate in his deceit, ibility for Balder's death.

Looks like you care quite a bit about the new items they'll add.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Ship Logbook
Item Description:

I remember being laughed at for suggesting a perk indicating close battles in Patrol zones only, but seems like people like it now :'D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Miaowi said:

Loki  = trickster god

The icelandic whapped through google translate comes up as:    Bjarkan is a leafy green paste.,The valve carried the elapsed time

Some sort of close battle timer thing?

In Old Norwegian it runs like:

Bjarkan er laufgrønstr líma;
Loki bar flærða tíma.

which translates to:

Loki was fortunate in his deceit.

Loki Rune seems to counter the Ship Logbook.

Edited by Suppenkelle
spelling
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Liq said:

I remember being laughed at for suggesting a perk indicating close battles in Patrol zones only, but seems like people like it now :'D

I fought for a feature like this as well (for the area around ports you visit, but with time inaccuracy). I guess you only need to wait to get what you want. In my case, I think 2 years was enough :P

1 minute ago, vazco said:

I fought for a feature like this as well (for the area around ports you visit, but with time inaccuracy). I guess you only need to wait to get what you want. In my case, I think 2 years was enough :P

come to think of it, I also suggested a paid-for feature to detect battles nearby. I wonder if what's being introduced will be also paid-for. I'm sure people would love it :P

Edited by vazco

4 hours ago, Miaowi said:

Bjarkan is a leafy green paste.,The valve carried the elapsed time

The correct translation is:

Loki was fortunate in his deceit.

Possibly then eg a flag which disguises you as AI

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

2 new amazing items will come to the game in the next (treacherous waters) patch

Loki Rune 
Item Description: 
Loki bar flærða tíma

• Purpose unknown
  • Origin unknown

Ship Logbook
Item Description:

This is a pvp item - it probably wont work on the Peace server even for testing

Ships Logbook - if there were so many people complaining about the GPS ability of the sextant....you might want to reconsider an item that is a 100km radius radar of the location of other players. Unless your goal is to help the gankers wipe out more traders and avoid any hunters that are active in the area. i.e. a very one sided item that lack any kind of balance to the community as a whole.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Ships Logbook - if there were so many people complaining about the GPS ability of the sextant....you might want to reconsider an item that is a 100km radius radar of the location of other players. Unless your goal is to help the gankers wipe out more traders and avoid any hunters that are active in the area. i.e. a very one sided item that lack any kind of balance to the community as a whole.

only shows battles so wont make any difference to traders. Could be useful to avoid other players :)

Edited by PG Monkey

1 minute ago, PG Monkey said:

only shows battles so wont make any difference to traders. Could be useful to avoid other players :)

And that is the point. The sheep will remain clueless to threats around them while the wolves will get a radar to use to find either each other to join in or those that are hunting them. It is already difficult for some nations to gather resources (money, materials, etc) why make it even easier to choke them further? Last I checked (though it has been a little while) this game was not listed as a strictly pvp game set in the age of sail, there is an expectation of other ways to play the game besides pvp. Those other ways are being sacrificed to aid and feed the pvp side of the game. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade towards pvp, but I do draw issue when one group is being used to feed another one by making their way of play much harder.

• Like 1