Game-Labs Forum

Russia so bored they try to kill off smaller nations?

Carl von Lichtenfels

16 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

100% agree, I've had lots of fun conversations with opposing players in the game.  I miss open-world conversations, those have been fun too, very few abusive.  For a MMOG the population is unusually civil overall.  One day I was in a Requim (which I can't sail for shit) when engaged by an expert in the same (Latron I believe).  He spent 15 minutes giving me lessons before sinking me.  A gentleman and a sailor.  Not often you hear someone say "now shoot at this part of my mast"...

interesting, becuase I think @Latron actually despises the requin :P. He much prefer's his Mercury or Pickle.

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Why you so stupid. This is exactly what I wanted to show. You are talking about 25x25, using the effect of incomplete truth. Because if we say about 25x24 in really it is equally 25x25, but it gives you the opportunity to interpret the whole situation differently, you cry: "it was not 25x25 - it is no dont mind nothing!". Smart ppl can understand what you just say trash. You are also talking about the effect of modules on pvp, but you dont say what you have better modules it this pvp then me , you say: "you waste 20 mins for demast me" but don’t talk about what just run all this 20 mins. Partial truth - all that you have. These crumbs are the truth you manipulate to change public mind. 

IF you wanna full truth: 1) sorry cant win 25x25, not because they has less ppl, just because they were afraid fight 25x25. The story of Sorry ended at the moment when they were forced to fight 25x25
2) You cant win 1v1 not because i have better ship or better modules, just because you cannot use what you have well enough. 

But you cannot lose everything and claim that you are wrong. Because the forum for you = life. That’s all you have left. Classic forumfighter, go talk more about your "partial truth" and my english skills, you cant do more.

P.S. I sobered up and the more you are not interesting to me. The conversation is over :D  

Edited by DreamMaker

24 minutes ago, Immersive Ganking said:

Not really hard to stay behind a ship that has a turnrate of 2.1 while sailing a Herc. You would get smashed by Hachi on equal sized ships.

the combination of you inability to read a conversation (it was not hachi i boarded but dream, thanks to his not having DD and sitting still to better snipe, and IIRC i had only 2 masts left at that point), nor tone (he LET me board him, eg his making a mistake not me being good) and the fact that you think Hachi isn't over rated trash who lost every Vic that Otto ever gave him, leads me to believe you are either new player who reads forum too much, or donner alt account.

5 minutes ago, John Cavanaugh said:

the combination of you inability to read a conversation (it was not hachi i boarded but dream, thanks to his not having DD and sitting still to better snipe, and IIRC i had only 2 masts left at that point), nor tone (he LET me board him, eg his making a mistake not me being good) and the fact that you think Hachi isn't over rated trash who lost every Vic that Otto ever gave him, leads me to believe you are either new player who reads forum too much, or donner alt account.

maybe u will say your game nickname? It is interested for me, who was win me 1v1 herk vs conny

1 minute ago, DreamMaker said:

maybe u will say your game nickname? It is interested for me, who was win me 1v1 herk vs conny

never said it was 1vs1 :P it was Old Man Cavanaugh. a surprise joined mid way through. you shoot away my mast quickly but stay still too long with no Determined Defender. lucky for me

7 hours ago, DreamMaker said:

Why you so stupid. This is exactly what I wanted to show. You are talking about 25x25, using the effect of incomplete truth. Because if we say about 25x24 in really it is equally 25x25, but it gives you the opportunity to interpret the whole situation differently, you cry: "it was not 25x25 - it is no dont mind nothing!". Smart ppl can understand what you just say trash. You are also talking about the effect of modules on pvp, but you dont say what you have better modules it this pvp then me , you say: "you waste 20 mins for demast me" but don’t talk about what just run all this 20 mins. Partial truth - all that you have. These crumbs are the truth you manipulate to change public mind. 

IF you wanna full truth: 1) sorry cant win 25x25, not because they has less ppl, just because they were afraid fight 25x25. The story of Sorry ended at the moment when they were forced to fight 25x25
2) You cant win 1v1 not because i have better ship or better modules, just because you cannot use what you have well enough. 

But you cannot lose everything and claim that you are wrong. Because the forum for you = life. That’s all you have left. Classic forumfighter, go talk more about your "partial truth" and my english skills, you cant do more.

P.S. I sobered up and the more you are not interesting to me. The conversation is over :D  

Lacking common sense and being drunk are 2 different things. 

• 4 weeks later...

This game seems to be made by and for an inbred elite community. Killing the other small nations leaves boredom in the end. So what to do? Make the game a little bit more difficult for the elitarians. No one cares about new Players and noobs.. why should one.. the game is made by the droogs for the droogs.

38 minutes ago, tristan0731 said:

This game seems to be made by and for an inbred elite community. Killing the other small nations leaves boredom in the end. So what to do? Make the game a little bit more difficult for the elitarians. No one cares about new Players and noobs.. why should one.. the game is made by the droogs for the droogs.

well you cannot design a game to be more difficult for the elite and easier for new players. You can only reduce the bonuses they get from grinding. The skill gap will always exist since this game is fundamentally an extremely skill based game. That is one of the best parts of naval action. I do attack the game for being less skill based than it was because now we have kit on top of the skill but the skill element is still in the game. Its just overshadowed by mods etc. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

well you cannot design a game to be more difficult for the elite and easier for new players. You can only reduce the bonuses they get from grinding. The skill gap will always exist since this game is fundamentally an extremely skill based game. That is one of the best parts of naval action. I do attack the game for being less skill based than it was because now we have kit on top of the skill but the skill element is still in the game. Its just overshadowed by mods etc. 

actually you could: it's called handicap (like in golf). In example: the higher the PVP kills (or K/D ratio) the more a handicap affects one random ships' stat. 

Edited by toblerone

39 minutes ago, toblerone said:

actually you could: it's called handicap (like in golf). In example: the higher the PVP kills (or K/D ratio) the more a handicap affects one random ships' stat. 

well that is not fair and competitive games are generally suppose be fair. K/D ratio has little to do with skill. You can have a K/D ratio of 10:1 from killing noobs all day or a K/D ratio of 1:1 from competitive gameplay. There are a handfull of players on this server that have been on the leaderboards many times that I personally would not consider good at all. More PVP kills just means you play more. Anyway that doesnt matter anyway since there are many other issues that could reduce the problem before even considering artificail handicaps in a lite sim. 

I remember playing COD4, a game that had a K/D ratio and players often judged skill by it. The issue I however noticed that when I played domination or team deathmatch my K/D ratio would increase towards 2 yet when I played search and destroy it would become on average far lower. To be fair I only noticed it changing on alts because my main had 30000 or 50000 kills i believe. The reason for that is search and destroy was played more tactically and by better players overall. K/D ratios are the worst thing to add to games if your goal is to create good gameplay. Battlefield players that play Rush the way it is suppost to be played will have a far lower K/D ratio than a player that only snipes and does nothing meaningful. I remember having a K/D ratio of 1.40 in BF3 yet a win loose ratio of 3:00. Its because we went balls deep to get the charge planted and just didn't give a shit. 

There is absolutely no possible way to fairly design a system that balances gameplay and every player there is will quite if you did so. Even the noobs because noobs like killing newer noobs. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2

Just for information, it seems that Russia (NN clan), sent a Diktat to France.

Either France accepts to become a pupet for NN, or NN attack the only French crafting port: Bridgestone.

France seems likely to refuse, but I am not a French diplomat anymore, I let them take their decision.

According to @Celtiberofrog, Spain did accept a similar "arrangement"...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I don't get it why trash topics like "Russia so bored they..." get so much attention while threads which really could shape the future, namely suggestion threads which deal with problems of the game and their visioned solutions, are commonly being ignored.

because you keep ranting about game mechanics, game potential game this game that. Just play the damn game and enjoy things as they are.

the developers are taking you on a journey, don't discuss it. go along with it and enjoy it. this community is so rotten, it is insane.

19 minutes ago, RKY said:

because you keep ranting about game mechanics, game potential game this game that. Just play the damn game and enjoy things as they are.

the developers are taking you on a journey, don't discuss it. go along with it and enjoy it. this community is so rotten, it is insane.

If devs didn't want us to discuss game mechanics then why: Naval Action Gameplay Discussions

Nothing you wrote makes any sense at all, if you are fed up with reading same "rantings" then just avoid them. "Play the game and enjoy things as they are", just because others discussing game mechanics don't mean they are not doing the same.😉

99% of discussions lead nowhere I know, but at least players get to "ventilate".

Edited by cursed monkey

19 minutes ago, RKY said:

and what a journey it is.

remember .....wood will rot in the end.