Game-Labs Forum

Russia so bored they try to kill off smaller nations?

Carl von Lichtenfels

I would be able to smash the trash they have with nothing more than a 25 EXILE fleet sailing AI captured Fir Fir first rates. 

PS: If anyone shows me a screenshot of a full stack EXILE loosing 25v25 port battle I give you Art of ship handling. 

PPS: To anyone new to RVR after release you should know that I am basically the pinnacle of port battle commander skill. Anyone that says otherwise is lying. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 9:00 PM, Staunberg said:

Do miss you. But that didnt answer my guestion.Did exile ever have 25 players? I remember you only as a small group.

We have 25 members. Myself, otto, bom, 3 other irrelevant guys I forgot the names of and atleast 19 alts. 

I was was kidding bra. I mean no offense mate but you really have absolutely no sense of humor and simply don't get sarcasm. Everybody knows exile doesn't have 25 members and everybody knows its impossible for us to have lost a 25v25 port battle full exile because guess what.....We never had 25 members. I am making fun of LV for always saying he would give people 10 million gold for a screenshot of sorry fleet loosing a 25v25 port battle. Truth is SORRY never fought a 25v25 port battle against any clan with any competence. Actually SORRY never did a 25v25 against any clan period. 
DO YOU GET IT NOW?

I kind of hate myself for explaining it to you now. I never do that. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, HachiRoku said:

I would be able to smash the trash they have with nothing more than a 25 EXILE fleet sailing AI captured Fir Fir first rates. 

PS: If anyone shows me a screenshot of a full stack EXILE loosing 25v25 port battle I give you Art of ship handling. 

PPS: To anyone new to RVR after release you should know that I am basically the pinnacle of port battle commander skill. Anyone that says otherwise is lying. 

you're basically the pinnacle of forum battle skill. Anyone that says otherwise is lying.

As Professor Preobrazhensky used to say, "Ruin in the head of man".
Instead of taking on and uniting one nation to solve problems, players on the forum are calling for a change in game mechanics. And you just need to take and agree, now.
What prevents small nations from agreeing to attack a certain region? Nothing, there would be a desire.
When there was no RI in the game, all the Russians were playing for different nations and it did not prevent them from agreeing to fight together against anyone. It's just that the united armada of ships came to the right region of the Caribbean. United caste, if you want.
Yes, there were disagreements. Some of the clans were against it. Are you against it? Don't go to the rescue. No questions. The main thing is not to interfere.
We have a "kindergarten" here...

(Sorry, Translated with Translator)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rediii said:

Вам нужно 25, чтобы сражаться с любым портбаттлом. Маленькая нация не может выставить так много людей.

Также атака означает реакцию противника. Если вы не можете выиграть 25 на 25 и выиграть только путем многократного нажатия, вы теряете свой крафт-крафт, потому что другие маленькие нации не могут вам помочь.

Игра стала слишком сильно зависеть от умения. При этом выигрывают одни и те же люди, а другие теряют то, на что они работали неделями, потому что у них нет шансов.

Come on, you don't know what you're doing here.)
France (for example) will not be able to recruit one group of 25 ships for the port battle now? Doesn't the national alliance of different small nations have 25-50 people to create a distraction group? Class 1 ships for this purpose can be captured from the NPC.  And have fun, at least for those who do not go to the port battle.
Is it impossible to do so now? 

(Translated with Translator)

1 hour ago, rediii said:

You need 25 to fight any portbattle. Small nation's can not field this many people.

Also attacking means a reaction by the enemy. If you can not win 25v25 and only win by multiflipping you lose your crafting capital because other small nations can not help you.

The game became too much dependent on skill. With this only the same persons win and other's lose what they worked for for weeks because they stand no chance.

You must be kidding. It all became way too much dependent on mods, books,  wood and port boni. Needless to say that player numbers have their weight too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Yeah, trash ships so reverse can have his kills and look great in the streams.

Thanks to qw569, the streams and clan leaderboards people know that russia can field 3-4 pb fleets of veteran players easily.

You can try to avoid the truth, but the truth will remain there. Without new mechanics, small nations and clans have no chance.

Speaking of the famous Reverse. Last time we got him with a trinc near Truxillo. I took four people and an hour to sink him. In the result i saw that my little prince dealt a meager 10% of the damage, which is fine for me. But these 10% represented almost 7.000 damage points! So you sink these ships at least thrice in one battle! A Trincomalee like his with all the repair stuff has really nothing in common with a standard one. Same for all the super-pimped ships.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Speaking of the famous Reverse. Last time we got him with a trinc near Truxillo. I took four people and an hour to sink him. In the result i saw that my little prince dealt a meager 10% of the damage, which is fine for me. But these 10% represented almost 7.000 damage points! So you sink these ships at least thrice in one battle! A Trincomalee like his with all the repair stuff has really nothing in common with a standard one. Same for all the super-pimped ships.

Erm... I think the math on that one does not quite check out...
10% being 7k damage means in total he would have to have had 70k HP all repairs included. Trincomalee's HP cap at just over 11.6k. And that is white Oak frame and planking, so definitely not a hunting build. Assuming you went the full 90 minutes and he repaired whenever possible that is 8 or 9 cycles. Since you cannot even reach close to 100% HP repaired per cycle, there is absolutely no way that evens out to 70k HP worth of damage received.

In general the game still is and always has been much more dependent on skill than on gear.
Just look at the actual numbers of the port boni: For example the difference between Hull 4 and no bonus at all on a White Oak Ocean is 1400 HP on each side. That is the equivalent of 8.3 hits with a 42pd long gun (168 dmg). Are you seriously telling me that is the deciding factor? Same goes for all the other boni, especially when comparing 45 point ports to 55 point ports.
The only part where gear can really make a difference is indeed repair stacking. But that only works when the captain has the skill to time his repairs, chose what to repair and when to disengage to repair. And it also needs an opponent who let's his enemy disengage to repair. So even here skill and decision making plays a huge part.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Слишком много на умение, хотя. :) Сколько игроков из общего попса имеют положительный PvP K / D?

redii the main reason is that the players are afraid of losing the pixel ship (my opinion). And it's not about the equipment of the ships, not the guns. There were various options for equipping the game. And always people were afraid to lose them.
It's a paradox, but most likely each player has a dock full of ships "at anchor". There were topics on the forum about expanding the dock space, for a fee or for free.
The question "Why do you need 30 ships in port if you don't use them in the game?

• Like 1

Solution, decrease br for ports. Base the woods a ship can be crafted by depending on the rate and type of ship, e.g santissima can only be built by lo/wo while a pickle can only be made out of fir/bermuda. 3 repairs shared between hull and rig, while you have 2x rum repairs each battle. Pros would be you either are a fast and tanky built warship, but lack the repair bonuses or you can be fast enough to escape bigger ships but are quite vurnerable to a big brawl vs heavier equipped ships.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Maybe interesting thought. The alliances did not change because it was voted on by majority of players.

Try giving clans votes according to rank in leaderboard.

Place 1: 5 votes

Place 2: 4 votes

Place 3: 3 votes

Place 4: 2 votes

Place 5: 1 vote

This way alliances can shift easier.

NO!

Voting does not work. Period. 

• Like 2

The situation is compounded by:

1. Rapid loss of player base as a whole, with smaller countries and smaller clans losing players faster because there is no one else to play with. However larger nations manage to retain some population because "life was easier there".

2. Individual migration to larger countries, because with current port bonus system, casual players will look for security where their crafting port would not be easily lost.

3. Clan migration is very difficult, the longer it drags on the harder it becomes. So far only very few clans manage to move countries and it is a very painful process.

Alliance between smaller nations is difficult to achieve when the system itself does not promote it. As long as there is an "enemy player" dancing in front of your eyes, there will always gonna be trigger happy people who is not following the agreement of the clan leaders. Smaller PVP incidents break into bigger shxt storms and the next minute leaders are yelling for RVR. I am sure some people will think it is easy for France Swedish Denmark to unite, well how did it go in reality?

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Because that didn't work for like 2 years in the past when the alliancemechanic was in game?

Yes. It was tested and did not work. People votes turned out to form two fixed blocks. Nothing changed. Voting did not change the alliance for a very long time. It got a stalemate. Many people complained heavily about it. Then the devs decided to drop alliances altogether and make PVP "all against all", instead of fixing and tweaking it. 

1. Port bonuses should only be economic boosts, kill all the stat boosting bonuses.

2. Lower BR on all ports

Players stop the perception of a better ship because of port bonuses. All ships in game lose the crazy stat boosting we have in game which allows us to go back to more strategy/skill (in my opinion)

A nation holding a high point port can make larger ships more efficiently - i.e. using less resources and less labor hours.

Lowrr BR allows smaller nations to participate in port battles - this doesn't mean offensive PBs may happen but rather the defending small nation has a higher chance to contest a port that otherwise they just give up now with no fight.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Staunberg said:

Well guess I also have to explain my self to you.

I knew you never was that much players. So try read my reply in that spirit. Do that and put your own statement in to, and you would proberbly see the humor in it. It was not sarcasme, because non of my replys have intent to be mean.(In dk sarcasme, is humor with intent to hurt the other person, not sure this is the same in english)

You don’t see the humor in reply to something that never could be(exile never had 25 players, so they could never have lost a 25 Pb), with another never could be guestion(Neither could have won a 25 Pb, because they never had 25 players). Well guess we just on some point have different humor.

DO YOU GET IT NOW( Same word and writing as you, if you missed it. There is a element of humor in that to, but less when it have to be told, so try just to forget the explenation).

I don’t hate my self for explaining it to you. You are a nice guy, so helping out, make me feel a kind of good abouth my self.(Some kind of humor in that. Need a hint?)

Staun. You were serious. I used to think you were a troll but a troll doesn't persist like you. 

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Yea it was different though. It was only based on number of players that voted. It didnt give the clans that actually made the impact in the nation the most votes.

Clans are not good decision makers either. After all, you take away the power from everyone and pass it on to a few hardcore players. So basically nothing changes. 

I'd love to see an AI doing the diplomacy, like in CIV or other games. Player actions should influence the AI decision. But since this requires a lot of coding, I'd be happy to let server admin set alliances every week. 

1 hour ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

so it wouldn´t favour the less skilled people too? well. this way of discussion is utterly useless.

The more skill based mechanics added to a game the larger the skill gap becomes. Less skilled players are not going to have the repair mods that skilled players have so the inventory gap is also bigger. 

• Like 2

Your disputes, gentlemen do not lead to anything. The problem is not in port bonuses or RVR. The problem is that there are no tasks for players who are oriented to Pva and the economy. Players cannot build their trading corporations and pve clans. There is no content for this type of game and this leads to low online. Missions in the style of kill 100 mobs are the same and boring, a sealed bottle leads you to a hold and not to a mission in which it is not clear what will be either extraction or an ambush or a task for a while. Everything connected with the ports for the development of the city would have to have levels - 1 level village; Level 2 - a large village; Level 3 - a small town; Level 4 - city; at level 5, one could choose the specialization of the city - mining / military / trading, and until the city was developed to a certain level or the corresponding buildings were built there was nothing there (goods / ships). In general, what do I need to take the Age of Sails to add more elements with quests / sieges / sabotage / trade wars to attach to it PVP modes everywhere and the possibility of MMMO will be a finished product. Now this is a game on skill and your ability to gather people. well, or to divide the BR cities so that smaller clans have a chance.

P.S. “What will the little clans do when the war comes to their port?”

sorry for  translator

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

lol

Yea these few hardcore players that actually play/use the alliances shouldn't decide on them. They should be forced to work together with someone else! Because they would totally work together with their forced alliance.

Who needs sandbox in this sandbox game anyway

What sandbox game? 

1 hour ago, Medniy Sandal said:

redii the main reason is that the players are afraid of losing the pixel ship (my opinion). And it's not about the equipment of the ships, not the guns. There were various options for equipping the game. And always people were afraid to lose them.
It's a paradox, but most likely each player has a dock full of ships "at anchor". There were topics on the forum about expanding the dock space, for a fee or for free.
The question "Why do you need 30 ships in port if you don't use them in the game?

Players are no afraid of losing pixels but afraid of loosing time. Time is the most valuable resource in the universe so yes they are right to be afraid of loosing pixels that cost them hours to make. 

It's only pixels is the worst argument ever. Virtual items can be just as valuable as real items. 

Just because you have 30 ships doesn't mean you should sink them. They have value. 

• Like 2