Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Russia so bored they try to kill off smaller nations?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do you care Intrepido ? Those AI are not going to farm themselves, so you better get on with it.

more than 3 ROVERS in big ships might have broke the server anyway

L O L If you repeat it enough time you might end up believing it is true.   Also to people complaining, you get content and you complain? me not understand.

Posted Images

On 9/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, Mascarino said:

You are describing REDS clan. They are a mix of ex-danes, ex-brits that wanted to control PB's and victory marks in their old nations and with no sucess, the nations councils just didn't agree with their tyranic intentions. So they left and joined the same rotten eggs basket.

You forgot the ex-pirate clans as well. It seems that as russia gains more ports, they also gain more players thus increasing their momentum. There are some it seems that hop to russia because they are tired of getting farmed/ganked every day. The eventuality of it all is that if russia breaks britain or aids the dutch in breaking the US, chances are the population will drop to either its lowest it has ever been (since players will leave due to the high cost of trying to rebuild anywhere else) or will switch to another nation (Russia, Pirate, or Dutch) so that they can sail without getting clubbed to death by a 15kt Wasa. While it is not really Russia's fault and is just a normal part of the makeup of the game, it brings up the question again of how far will a nation get before the devs reset the map to lessen the chance of players leaving and never returning. A game is fun as long as there is hope for a comeback, but if your nations resources have been depleted and the ship that normally supply your main base keep getting sunk, people will slowly move towards the attitude of "whats the point". How many weeks or months of only able to trickle in resources does it take to just say to hell with it. Now the new aspect of being able to capture 1st rates may lessen the impact for it will be short lived as the ability to capture said throw away's will decrease as the crafted ships used to capture these ships get destroyed from getting caught and sunk. The main thing is, the "impossible" nations should have been removed when the wipe occurred since their original stated intent is not really valid any longer. Since they do not have an area to protect from the beginning it is far easier for them to go capture a county capital anywhere on the map, this was proven when russia captured 5 of them within a day after the wipe locking down the ability to capture about 25 other ports in the process. Now with the frontline system, if they capture a county capital they can wipe out the entire region under its control before anyone has a chance to recapture the county capital. This is the culmination of the various "new" ideas that the devs put into play and just how they interact with each other to produce a near unstoppable force.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a little bit of history is of the essence to put things in perspective. Remember in alpha when the pirates were totally crushed by the USA in the Caribbean? I was part of them at the time and within a few weeks, we had lost most ports, Mortimer was being camped 24/24 and it was pretty much impossible to play pirate.

Well we organized, picked one of the few very far initial pirate ports (namely, Aves, which wasn't a Free Port back then) and from there we launched attacks on the French and pretty much took all of their ports. We then moved against the Brits which had several ports north of the French... Then the Swedes, Danes, Dutch, etc. Nothing could stop us!

That said there were lots of clans, most of which had different opinions on what to do next and eventually the great pirate alliance folded on itself, over half the active/bigger players left for either the Dutch or Great Britain and within the span of a few days, the pirates were almost dead, unable to even defend shallow ports.

The takeaway here is that the bigger a nation becomes and the more aggressive it gets, the more likely people are likely to defect or simply not work along towards common objectives and eventually it all comes tumbling down.

Russia is the biggest but they won't be forever. At some point another nation is going to pick up steam and the sheep will flock to the new herd then everyone can bitch about the new world order.

If there is one suggestion I'd like to make that was already proposed 3+ years ago is to allow National packs, let the smaller nations form alliances allowing the alliance members to participate in battles. This would allow the struggling nations to ally with bigger or other smaller powers to ensure their survival/protection.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CF.Biere Clegg said:

Perhaps a little bit of history is of the essence to put things in perspective. Remember in alpha when the pirates were totally crushed by the USA in the Caribbean? I was part of them at the time and within a few weeks, we had lost most ports, Mortimer was being camped 24/24 and it was pretty much impossible to play pirate.

Well we organized, picked one of the few very far initial pirate ports (namely, Aves, which wasn't a Free Port back then) and from there we launched attacks on the French and pretty much took all of their ports. We then moved against the Brits which had several ports north of the French... Then the Swedes, Danes, Dutch, etc. Nothing could stop us!

That said there were lots of clans, most of which had different opinions on what to do next and eventually the great pirate alliance folded on itself, over half the active/bigger players left for either the Dutch or Great Britain and within the span of a few days, the pirates were almost dead, unable to even defend shallow ports.

The takeaway here is that the bigger a nation becomes and the more aggressive it gets, the more likely people are likely to defect or simply not work along towards common objectives and eventually it all comes tumbling down.

Russia is the biggest but they won't be forever. At some point another nation is going to pick up steam and the sheep will flock to the new herd then everyone can bitch about the new world order.

If there is one suggestion I'd like to make that was already proposed 3+ years ago is to allow National packs, let the smaller nations form alliances allowing the alliance members to participate in battles. This would allow the struggling nations to ally with bigger or other smaller powers to ensure their survival/protection.

Big difference is that now it is quite costly to change nations, and upgrade your shipyards and buildings and stuff again..alot of people cannot be bothered to do that and just stay..

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the point he is making if I understand correctly is not for players to move but to bring back the alliance system so that the smaller nations can team up and work together so they can survive the onslaught of the bigger nation that seeks to exterminate them. With the frontline system in place it makes it where it is near impossible for a single nation to try to recapture a port if they already lost most of their heavy ships trying to defend it in the first place. Right now russia can afford to throw 1st rate after 1st rate into a battle and not worry about losses, the same can not be said about the other nations they are attacking. Russia has taken the george town ports for the simple fact of being able to put constant pressure on truxillo and south coast cuba to further hinder britain's chances of being able to mount a counter offensive to retake the port. I am just waiting to see how long it will be before the pirates sweep across south cuba and eliminate the british ports there. Then if russia blockades or captures the truxillo area, who will they go after next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Spikes said:

I think it is quite clear that the Dutch can give Russia a decent run for their money, and generally it looks like they can field larger/more numerous screen fleets.

The difference is Russia is attacking stuff for content and the Dutch are not. It would be the same narrative if the Dutch were steamrolling the map.

Does not count for much when they are on opposite sides of the map. Also does not help with players switching to russia and using its power base to attack the nations they left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

We had an alliance system. Far from perfect but better than nothing.

Then devs removed it due to some player complaints. 

I told them that it was a huge mistake. The alliance system was the mechanic that succesfully prevented the brits from steamrolling all the map (back in 2016).

Unfortunately, those voices were louder than mine. Now those voices dont play anymore or have joined the big nations to enjoy their new ruling position.

It is clear to me that we havent learnt anything from the game own history, as we keep repeating same mistakes and going in circles.

 

 

It was also the system that prevented the pirates from steamrolling over britain on PVP2. And it was the pirates that complained about the alliance system and that the US and Britain were not fighting each other. The reason they were not fighting each other was the simple fact that if they had, the pirates would have wiped both out in short order. The problem now is that there are only 2 possible outcomes without an alliance system, either russia and the dutch wipe everyone else out and the eliminated nations join them or the eliminated nations players stop all together leaving only the 2 to fight it out or there is another server wipe to try again. Either way the server population will decrease as with the wipe all nation will suffer losses in players as they do not want to grind up these insane costs of building up again or most may turn around and switch nations and repeat what has already occurred. 

TLDR for those few. The game is not going to survive without including an alliance system. Does that work for you @Beeekonda

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Raekur said:

It was also the system that prevented the pirates from steamrolling over britain on PVP2. And it was the pirates that complained about the alliance system and that the US and Britain were not fighting each other. The reason they were not fighting each other was the simple fact that if they had, the pirates would have wiped both out in short order. The problem now is that there are only 2 possible outcomes without an alliance system, either russia and the dutch wipe everyone else out and the eliminated nations join them or the eliminated nations players stop all together leaving only the 2 to fight it out or there is another server wipe to try again. Either way the server population will decrease as with the wipe all nation will suffer losses in players as they do not want to grind up these insane costs of building up again or most may turn around and switch nations and repeat what has already occurred. 

TLDR for those few. The game is not going to survive without including an alliance system. Does that work for you @Beeekonda

Think about what did to pvp2 Denmark. We only have 20 players, but they are attacked by all countries(Except Pirates)

We're not going to cry and hide in the harbor like GB. We're going to fight back!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

We had an alliance system. Far from perfect but better than nothing.

Then devs removed it due to some player complaints.

No, the game went stale a lot like the current situation.

Anyway...

There are known pros and cons to the "clan based" and "ports must matter" mechanics we have in game now. The features were wished for by players due to the pros and warned against due to the cons. Now that we live in a game-world where the cons have caused exactly what we knew they were going to cause, I'm bewildered by anyone acting surprised.

Motivational speeches here won't change a thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chailang said:

Think about what did to pvp2 Denmark. We only have 20 players, but they are attacked by all countries(Except Pirates)

We're not going to cry and hide in the harbor like GB. We're going to fight back!

I dont know what history you are reading about or smoking but on pvp2 GB didnt hide, they worked with the US to keep the pirates busy, maybe that is why they didnt bother with denmark. Perhaps that and the fact that denmark was on the far east side of the map. I vaguely recall some small groups of gb going down there but it was very few and far between. So if GB was attacking you, it was probably due to your comments towards some of the leaders of a few GB clans. I dont think they would have bothered with it otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raekur said:

I dont know what history you are reading about or smoking but on pvp2 GB didnt hide, they worked with the US to keep the pirates busy, maybe that is why they didnt bother with denmark. Perhaps that and the fact that denmark was on the far east side of the map. I vaguely recall some small groups of gb going down there but it was very few and far between. So if GB was attacking you, it was probably due to your comments towards some of the leaders of a few GB clans. I dont think they would have bothered with it otherwise.

Don't forget that the British attacked us first.

Anyway, the port near KPR was taken away by us. As we are doing now .The next target will be black river.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chailang said:

Don't forget that the British attacked us first.

Anyway, the port near KPR was taken away by us. As we are doing now .The next target will be black river.

Come to Black River then if you cannot get content that pleases you otherwise. Would you mind to tell me your ingame-name? Best wishes and have fun conquering the world, Gene

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Come to Black River then if you cannot get content that pleases you otherwise. Would you mind to tell me your ingame-name? Best wishes and have fun conquering the world, Gene

id chailang

Most pvp2 players know me 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chailang said:

Think about what did to pvp2 Denmark. We only have 20 players, but they are attacked by all countries(Except Pirates)

We're not going to cry and hide in the harbor like GB. We're going to fight back!

Would like too see how rvr active you would be in other nation, for example poland :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chailang said:

Think about what did to pvp2 Denmark. We only have 20 players, but they are attacked by all countries(Except Pirates)

We're not going to cry and hide in the harbor like GB. We're going to fight back!

GB is still better than most of the nations!
almost all of the nations are pathetic, russia is maybe an exception to some degree, but you will still find a lot of pathetic people there!

Edited by Captain2Strong
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chailang reminds me of a description of a gang when I was going through police training. Within a gang there is the guy who is an actual threat, he will be the one that never says anything because he does not need the rest of the group to actually inflict damage, he has confidence in his abilities. Then there is the little mouthy one, this one is the one that talks and talks and the only reason he does is due to standing in front of the guy who never says anything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, Raekur said:

aids the dutch in breaking the US

Wut? You know the Dutch are working with and helping the US right?

I mean there was a bit of miscommunication in the Bahamas but returning Ays county to US control is the ultimate aim up there.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...