Game-Labs Forum

Russia so bored they try to kill off smaller nations?

Carl von Lichtenfels

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

To be fair to Russians, Batabano and the one down south are the crafting ports for Prussia, not Pinar. They'll have an easier time defending the 10k ports.

If we wanted to go for them🤐 yes then they have a just AS good chance as us to win☺️they had more then 25 ppl there to defend..

Frontline system makes nations attack where it has no meaning before you get where you need to be🤪

Don't get me wrong, i love the system AS it makes rvr harder and more complex.

Do I need to be in game for the PB, or can I just do it all on the forums?... asking for a friend...

( credit to Free Tribes for giving us a laugh when we didn't need more. it kind of hurt laughing so much after a while... )

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Staunberg said:

Well when they own all Capitol ports, no RvR without them.

Plus when they have all ports with 45+ point, it will help them in OW PvP. We dont like it, stop them. You don’t care, Well then dont blame Russia. They breake no rules. They are not responsible for the State of the game.

lots of the Russians players dont care for fighting. They just want to be big and sail there ressources.

Step them... Nice try of trolling.

Just thinking....

What is Russian now? it is 3 group of players - REDS alliance(next just the alliance), BF horde (next just horde), group of russian-speakers clans.

The most numerous groups the  Allieance and Horde  significantly different in their internal organization, but it is not important for this post. More relevant to discuss where the human resources of these groups are coming from? Like  true defenders of democracy the Alliance is trying to consolidate  large forces around itself. Of course for defend this democracy from  various hostile invaders, who dare to threaten democracy with the mere fact of their existence (for fun i mean) .  It is important to understand that people in this alliance are primarily led by the personal charisma of the alliance leaders. Players wanna just a played, pve, rvr, pvp...  In the face of the alliance, they received good organizational support. Be honestly  I believe the alliance holds the largest infrastructure for mining and shipbuilding on this server. And all the Alliance resources working for every member of the alliance. 2-nd group Horde, also have good infrastructure, but the main factor of multiplicity is a show. Players come to horde just because they believe it the show, wanna de part of this show, and while show will be on, horde will be have a large number of "zag-zag, need more likes sir!". 3-rd group - Russian speakers clans(next just "the clans") it is players for some reason not wanting to join Horde (not trust in show, offended by showmen, or too ambitious for join "horde") or the allience ( as a rule, the main reason here is not possession of such an important skill as "English") but clans dont have sufficient strength for full-fledged independent activity(in RVR  firstly).

How destroy this Russians zerg? For to damage the alliance - firstly you should have strong infrastructures in other nations, it is really hard do without the intervention of admins. For to damage the Horde you should created other "shows" ( the easiest option) for better result(damage) this must be horderussians-speaking show, but english speaker show can consolidate around itself other strong force identical or superior then Horde. For to damage the clans -  do not bother, they themselves cope almost any method will do ( demoralization, destroed infrastructures, luring to one’s side, everything you will do of will work to a lesser or greater extent). invincible armies do not exist (с) Stalin. But sometimes it’s easier to destroy a strong organization from within. You dont need devs for do smth.

• Like 1

You have one way to oppose the Russian Empire: Prolific Forger and all join the same Nation - most likely Dutch because they already have numbers and captured ports all over the map.

French and Swedes and maybe even Danes should join together and create the alliance that in-game mechanics prevent from happening.

Why should I pay real money for a DLC to make the game work?

Coalition/alliance is the way to go IMO. I never understood why it got all scrapped instead of being adjusted and tweaked. 

Edited by Serk
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Tenet said:

You have one way to oppose the Russian Empire: Prolific Forger and all join the same Nation - most likely Dutch because they already have numbers and captured ports all over the map.

French and Swedes and maybe even Danes should join together and create the alliance that in-game mechanics prevent from happening.

I wouldn't mind that.

my biggest problem would be trying to convince other to do the same to only get "they did X to me, hello kitty those guys."

le sigh.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Serk said:

Why should I pay real money for a DLC to make the game work?

Coalition/alliance is the way to go IMO. I never understood why it got all scrapped instead of being adjusted and tweaked. 

How will we keep the servers running if you do not buy DLC to make the game work?

What do you think is Admiralty Connection or Prolific Forger? We have to help "Cowboys and Iroquois" get developed, and pay for both servers. That's not cheap. )

13 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I wouldn't mind that.

my biggest problem would be trying to convince other to do the same to only get "they did X to me, hello kitty those guys."

le sigh.....

Of all the named groups, I understand why Danes would not want to do it - they have successfully resisted the Russian Empire attack, and took back territory, and I don't recall them spending time in chat claiming that they are getting "zerged" or that all is lost when one of their ports fell. In all fairness they should be the leaders with whom others join. Danish clans will not want to be dependent on the Dutch clans for crafting access - although if they later take over their own crafting port while Dutch, the problem will be resolved.

I understand why there would be a reluctance, and this is why they are likely to remain the 3rd combat ready faction in this RvR. 

No one else really has that excuse. If people don't combine into 2-3 factions that keep fighting, the server population will keep dropping.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

RvR cannot work with 12 factions. This had to be tested. It has been. 
Now it has to be tweaked as any game has to be at some point when a feature fails.

Who cares about a flag if there's no game anymore?

Alliance system could improve RvR balance but it has to be strongly designed and released very soon.

Imho, emergency measures have to be taken. It means : delete at least half of the factions and watch what happens through faction / population metrics. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chailang said:

mortar brigs became very weak.

First Georgetown We failed because we developed a strategy around mortar brigs. 

Yah I know the range got messed with cause forts have the same range.  If this is so and they are pretty much useless than how do we deal with Forts and Towers (I know one fort got damage the first time Cart was attacked)?   There are some maps that you pretty much have to do something about the forts or you won't win any attacks.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I know the range got messed with cause forts have the same range.  If this is so and they are pretty much useless than how do we deal with Forts and Towers (I know one fort got damage the first time Cart was attacked)?   There are some maps that you pretty much have to do something about the forts or you won't win any attacks.

it's more than just range.

forts have increased range, a literally shit ton more of HPs, and Mortar shots do less damage (reportedly)

the only Fort I have seen destroyed was on Reverse's stream when he attacked Basse-Terre and used about 8 ships to pound at the fort (and not move) until it was dead.

I would actually argue that some ports are probably impossible to take unless the defender is absolute shit i.e. - Nassau.

Edited by Teutonic

On 9/2/2019 at 10:14 AM, Hethwill said:

Here we go again...

- An impossible nation must be aggressive to survive. 

- An aggressive nation, a fighting nation will attract players

- PvP is content in War server

- Russian Empire is aggressive with a lot of PvP clans

- Hence it attracts players

Happy Monday

Oh nice demonstration !!

And when they will have attract all player's and conquier all the map what are they gonna do .....Playing card ....

With that kind of poor answer the game won't evolve too much ....

Cheer's

On 9/5/2019 at 3:29 AM, Tenet said:

Yes but i rather would suggest ......ALL JOIN RUSSIA instead (like you did i believe) and the game will be over ....

And the dev will have to do something ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razee said:

Yeah port bonus system sucks, but well see, russia can attack truxillo now, if they take it, well surely see alot of people leaving the game

They don't need to take it... they just wanted a closer base to farm that coast to from Black River to Belize. I belive that that coast will soon have more russians that british....

2 hours ago, Mascarino said:

You are describing REDS clan. They are a mix of ex-danes, ex-brits that wanted to control PB's and victory marks in their old nations and with no sucess, the nations councils just didn't agree with their tyranic intentions. So they left and joined the same rotten eggs basket.

*blushes* You flatter us.

• Like 4