Game-Labs Forum

TWITCH Channel dukeatreides

Atreides

15 hours ago, Atreides said:

Yup, happens half the time, minute I cross the line, they usually all turn round and run, which as Wraith indicates, I'm not all that good, so it's just weird.  😕

Captain 2Strong is proud to be in the same nation with a brave captain such as yourself.
He's also often getting disgusted and displeased by the cowardly, unworthy captains.

Edited by Captain2Strong

Big Big Show, This is the Defense of George Town Port Battle.  With a Bonus afterwards of me getting into a Battle late that wound up 2 L'Oceans, one driven by Ram Dinark himself and Despe.  I was in a Teak Teak Wasa.  Got some good rakes, angled a few full broadsides.  I think after this battle I may have unlocked the third slot on my Wasa, was a rare honour to get smashed by one of NA legends.  Hope to get wrecked by others.56E5F6CF59986FD89985FEF4E42EBE10297C1BB7

ANd the Port Battle itself along with the Dessert Battle:

Enjoy

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Atreides said:

Big Big Show, This is the Defense of George Town Port Battle.  With a Bonus afterwards of me getting into a Battle late that wound up 2 L'Oceans, one driven by Ram Dinark himself and Despe.  I was in a Teak Teak Wasa.  Got some good rakes, angled a few full broadsides.  I think after this battle I may have unlocked the third slot on my Wasa, was a rare honour to get smashed by one of NA legends.  Hope to get wrecked by others.56E5F6CF59986FD89985FEF4E42EBE10297C1BB7

ANd the Port Battle itself along with the Dessert Battle:

Enjoy

I liked the part where you wrote about the things!

Four battles in the PVP zone, had a blast and discovered a bug (reported in Support)  Killed two, dies twice.  Sang some, talked some, did some impersonations.  Listen to the disjointed ramblings during some good fights. 

On 9/5/2019 at 4:24 PM, Wraith said:

That right there?  Still being sexist.

It doesn't matter whether any of us are women or not. Your attitude that it matters is the definition of being sexist and has no place in our communities.

Definitely a woman. 

Port Battle for Santiago De Cuba!  Pirates came in with with wind in standard Wedge formation with Koltes as the spear point.  Crashed into me after I heard boarding whistle.  Managed to maintain speed and fire broadside a few times before disengaging.  Jumbled brawl ensued for remainder of battle.  Ships exploding from magazine hits.  Wind shifts leaving men stuck in chains, boarding actions and all over Savage battle. 

In the end the pirates had dedicated men who were able to hold the circles and the battle was lost due to point accumulation fro the circles.  Great heavy lineship fight!

• Like 3

Just now, Immersive Ganking said:

But with the captain tied to the main mast?

Horrible ain't it ? :( 

anyway, was a good brawl.

Both clans had full PB fleets ( so no crying about screening needed )

The leeshore kills.

Forts are good.

Circles are a necessary evil.

GG everyone.

GB, hope you guys plan the come back and not start to give up. Is just one battle in a war :) 

• Like 1

I sail in every battle the same way, I am commanding the ship from the deck, as opposed to moving my avatar looking down at it. If I had my way, there would be 1st person view at several command stations on deck, an d you just cycle through then with hot keys.  Main would not be tied to main mast, but quarterdeck and from the Bow to the side of the mast.  I have asked for this in the past.  The enjoyment of people watching the stream is also important, thus I will take that into consideration.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Atreides said:

I sail in every battle the same way, I am commanding the ship from the deck, as opposed to moving my avatar looking down at it. If I had my way, there would be 1st person view at several command stations on deck, an d you just cycle through then with hot keys.  Main would not be tied to main mast, but quarterdeck and from the Bow to the side of the mast.  I have asked for this in the past.  The enjoyment of people watching the stream is also important, thus I will take that into consideration.

So just some observations from the battle.  

1st person view.   Ok I get it and you're trying to roleplay as a captain from the deck.  It also makes the stream difficult to watch and follow, especially get a sense of the flow of battle.  I think scrolling in and out occasionally would help the viewers and yourself in game.  A captain stands on the quarterdeck instead of by the masts for a reason

Map view.  You said you weren't commanding the battle and therefor didn't open the map.  Not a good excuse.  Knowing where you are and knowing how targets are arrayed around you is important.  More than a few times you fired a broadside at a full health target and failed to notice a weaker one passing you that you could of held fire and then focused it on.  This is a crucial component of the map view.

Colorblind mode.  While I personally can't differentiate between friend or foe colors, I feel like the better streamers use this regardless.  Blue and white clearly defines what's going on around you and makes it easier for the viewers to see some of the action.  Between today's stream and the George Town battle I saw a number of missed broadsides and even some friendly fire.  

Hit tab more.  Only saw it once or twice at the end there.

---------

Overall most of us are glad that there was a stream, but if there had been another person doing it I would have switched off of yours.  If you want folks to follow you as advertised, you gotta give us more of a show.  Had a poor sense of what was going on in that battle as a viewer other than watching you sail back and forth spraying and praying.  Some drone views occasionally of the circles would of been great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atreides said:

Port Battle for Santiago De Cuba!  Pirates came in with with wind in standard Wedge formation with Koltes as the spear point.  Crashed into me after I heard boarding whistle.  Managed to maintain speed and fire broadside a few times before disengaging.  Jumbled brawl ensued for remainder of battle.  Ships exploding from magazine hits.  Wind shifts leaving men stuck in chains, boarding actions and all over Savage battle. 

In the end the pirates had dedicated men who were able to hold the circles and the battle was lost due to point accumulation fro the circles.  Great heavy lineship fight!

Captain 2Strong is displeased and disappointed by the unsuccessful attempts of the british navy. He hopes that the british navy is going to perform better next time.

• Like 2

@Severus Snape  I appreciate the input, and will use t to improve my streams, Thank you for the brutally honest assessment.  Serious here, I always try to improve.

I am trying to get my head around how to get chat messages to show in my game window, Like Reverse does, the instructions are clear, I just need to find the right moment when I can be clear headed and work it out.  That way when you guys are asking for me to hit M or other requests I at least see it.

8 hours ago, Atreides said:

Just downloaded Streamlabs OBS, will dig into the UI changes and tweaks.

Only downside of it is that it doesn't recognize mouse and special keys for push to talk. But easy to overcome.

I just noticed discord now has direct stream but no clue how it works.

lol I still don't understand how discord works... lots to learn

Had a battle with me in a Rattisvan and none other than the infamous Storm Crow in....... a Trincomalee.  Spawn had his behind me, we played that sweet dance of barely moving whilst angling ind almost reverse 1 step forward, two steps back, slide side to side, two step, one back wiggle....sliiide, jump up lunge slide. hop back.  Elbows up, side to side, like CHOLO!  He got in some good rakes, I got in some good broadsides, at one point if I had pressed the advantage, but missed it.  then began a long chase with me knackering his sails to 70% but his ship still faster than mine at 100%  His countdown on sail repair came up..... and he was gone.  Good fight, good bonuses and mods on his trinc that helped him escape an inevitable death.  At that point my phone rang, was my daughter at about 2am local time. in Global I told him I was not able to fight.  I deleted the ensuing me sailing away AFK as they exacted revenge on my boat sinking it. Oh well.  Enjoy!

One thing of note, a bit into battle a pirate player in a Pandora name destructor infernal joined with a privater and cutter in fleet.  The actual Pandora never engaged and sat at range.  The AI fleet ships came and attacked ineffectively.  Storm Crow asked me if that was my alt... No, Vernius was trying to delivery cargo.  Storm Crow let me know the BR locked him out from getting back up.  So if he brings a tribunal up for this, the player in question di not actually engage, and if it's alt abuse that is wrong, I don't care who it benefits.

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

Gotcha,  I just made Affiliate with Twitch, (thank you to everyone)  and have to consider what my Audience is looking for in a stream, thus will be tailoring the stream based on circumstances.  1v1s will mean I play as I have, for large scale engagements will use TAB at times as well as meta data via map.

23 hours ago, Hethwill said:

GB, hope you guys plan the come back and not start to give up. Is just one battle in a war :) 

I guess that all depends on what timer they put on it, experience has shown that they will hide it behind a timer that is difficult to attack.

Yes, I have been unable to work since June, my career as an RN is likely over.  I have three doctors who only haven't filled out my disability paperwork because I am stubborn and proud.  This is something I can do to generate some income to help my wife with our finances.  I have big plans for my channel ie; I will have an Academy for new players where I go through the Exams and Final exam slowly explaining everything I am doing, and why. (already have done the endurance, more to follow) presentations to show equipment such as a sextant and show how to take a reading, talking about the history of specific ships during long sails, showing items of interest from history etc.  This game will be the heart of my streams, and I will expand further.

• Like 1