Game-Labs Forum

TWITCH Channel dukeatreides

Atreides

I will running a Twitch channel named dukeatreides both for instructional videos on game play, as well as Streaming regularly.  I am a noob at this and have a poor speaking voice due to a radiation treatments, so apologies for that.  This I will broadcast on Global for PVP zone fun and other engagements.  I hope you like, subscribe or however it works... I'll figure that out later.  Plan on having videos of content on the ships I sail, the mechanism of sailing as I understand as well as history and other Napoleonic naval items.

Any feedback is welcome, be kind, I am learning how this all works.

Twitch Channel  dukeatreides now Updated and publishing to Naval Action

Chat channel #atreides-naval-action

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 9

Captain 2Strong is greatly pleased by your brave efforts on behalf of the nation of Great Britain.
He thinks that the british empire deserves to have more brave captains such as yourself, and hopes that he's going to have an opportunity to assist you in one of your great adventures.

• Like 1

PVP Zone tonight, first off, tagged by VCS gank fleet, finally decided to fire on one member only hoping the others would stand off, but they gotta get that XP Hurr Durr.  Ends as you would expect, but made them put some effort in.  @admin  This is something I would like you to see,  preventing a gank by having 1v1 zone surround free town will end the ability of this to happen, hope you watch at least the first battle.

Second fight   (at 1:03)  was a proper 1v1 I lost due a messed up  tack and other mistakes, got boarded... still a great fight with Toasty.

note:  Music police muted some things due to copyright something something

noice-definition-nice-5595-5e3195606a40ac2bd457e2923372851d@1x.jpg

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 3

Tonight's battle started with being jumped by some Dutchies, made em work for it, except one boarded and sunk an almost intact ship, so more of a HURR DURR sink da bote as opposed to MAH XP.  Later joined a battle that was a little lopsided in our favour.  Then got into a oops tag and left to talk to my wife, came back and reinforcements had jumped in, was a good fight until was brought into a boarding by a guy that was rigged for such.  All in alll good fun!  Freakin music police again.

Had a great stream going.  Unfortunately we have a tropical storm coming in with out wave storms and lightning struck a transformer near my house in Corpus Christi (Aransas in game) so no power.  Will post two great fights when I can and do it again later.

/edit  Have power back, will stream again shortly.  Here is the last one.  Cut abruptly mid song  😕

Edited by Atreides

I am following some of the legends, Reverse has accepted a 1v1 fight with me in equal ships, so we will set that up later on.  This could be start of injecting some excitement into the game.  We would both stream the game so people could watch both sides!  Will do the same for moscalb etc!

• Like 6

I expect nothing, I am not whining, you just don't understand my motivation.  I don't care about the ship, arranged dual?  NONE OF YOU WILL GO FOR THAT.  I see you guys and you just run from the 1v1 zone, especially if I am moving toward you.  That says more about your confidence than it does about mine.  Half the time the only way I get a fight is present myself as a single target for a roving group who require numbers to muster the courage to engage, or have a superior ship.  I have learned just how timid people can be, how precious they are with their little pixels.  The fact that you guys were about crashing to each other to get that XP for a new shiny.  Watch the bloody battle, it's right ^ UP THERE ^, start of the video, see what I say, see what you lot say, see my actions, SEE the hurt I put on Vodka's ship while taking fir from 5 ships, see your lot come to protect Vodka.

@admin   My point Wraith, is to show WHY the PVP zones need to be changed as I have outlined, so people like you guys will just avoid them, and the other 95% of the dwindling server population can come have some FUN, to hell with your XP and shinys and ribbons and pixels.  Make the entry the 1v1 zone right out of port, available to ALL.  I have said this before and I will say again.  If the loss of 50 Tryhard gankers "game mechanics man quit whinging hurr durr mah xp and trinkets" means that lower level and learning players have access, which is FUN, which means they tell their friends, which mean more sales of DLC and new game sales and increased population.  Then good riddance to you and yours.  I don't mean this personally, but the maladaptive way you guys play is just shit, and you know it, you just snivel and say it's the game mechanics that make you guys cower when alone, and only attack with someone is there to hold your purses.  My proposals make you lot be somewhere else, while the population can have fun safe from ganks.  you may quit the game completely.  I DON'T CARE.

Edited by Atreides

I appreciate Vodka charity, hats off to his generosity.  i hope all the reps you guys looted off my ship compensated him.  As far as the boarding threats.... yawn, whatever.  I am not denying the right, I would like to see the system changed.  You gotta have dem shinys, ribbons, buttons and bows.  Let's see, how did you put it?  Ah,

16 minutes ago, Wraith said:

players choose to use them as a mechanic to get one of the limiting resources

Really, all you care about.  not a fight, not a contest, not standing tall like a man and actually engaging another guy toe to toe.  Here is a doll, show me where the game touched you.  It is safe here.

• Like 1

Ahem, look dude, if speaking to a woman, you speak to her like a Lady.  I am a gentleman and do not speak harshly to ladies.   I am not being sexist, you are being pig ignorant and a fool.  Is Vodka a woman or not?  If she is a woman I will address her as such.  Now answer the damn question and stop clutching your pearls.  And stop trying to deflect your toxic game play over to some virtual signalling snowflake idiocy.

And if it doesn't matter don't bring it up as some passive aggressive swipe since you have no ground to stand on.

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

You're trying to create a duel room. We don't have that.

I hope you get plenty of takers to your 1v1 zone and you have a lot of fun. But many of us want more from the game so we pretend that our ships matter, that where we sail matters, that what we buy and sell matters, that what we build matters. Perhaps we're delusional but the above is precisely why I very rarely go in to the PVP zone and why I, like the HAVOC players you'ved criticized, would engage you outside the zone and with whatever power my group had available.

Many of us are not playing Naval Action Jousting tourney, with no care for our ships and crew as long as we can generate the maximum combat marks. That's your game, not mine.

I wish you fair sails on seas, in the zone and out. 

• Like 3

I think that making a dual room would involve a lot of additional coding, meaning MORE work for devs, whereas my idea only required changing variable in already IN PLACE mechanics (I may very well be wrong).  My changes IMPROVE the PVP access for less than vets, they Can't get ganked out of port.  They can choose at their leisure to go out into the fleet zone.  THEY have a choice, as opposed to hoping you don't get caught.  understand this is not about me, I don't care if I get ganked.  I'm on the KOS orders of enough clans, so meh.  I am fighting for our new players, I stream to provide examples of why most of the sever just skips the whole thing, which not only denies them content, it denies the people who play like decent people from having opponents to fight, except for the HURR DURR gangs.

I respect those who want to play their way, as long as they are honest, and I admit I do get verbally aggressive, as evidenced by Wraith's apparent PTSD and cries of some sort of misogony?  Still waiting for the answer to the question, but he may be busy 5v1 someone else who was trying to get into the 1v1 zone, dunno

13 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

so you wanted a solo fight but got tagged outside the solo pvp zone?  Is that what I'm reading here?

Yup, happens half the time, minute I cross the line, they usually all turn round and run, which as Wraith indicates, I'm not all that good, so it's just weird.  😕

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

Definition of sexism. 1 : prejudice or discrimination based on sex especially : discrimination against women. 2 : behavior, conditions, or attitudes that foster stereotypes of social roles based on sex.

Because, my confused friend, you claim sexism.  Thus there needs to be a logical reason for such claims ie: identification of someone's gender in relation to actions or word. I have already spoken to someone via PM who actually answered the freakin question, as opposed to waving their arms like a blithering social justice numpty that apparently, does not understand the definition of the word they hurled at me.

@Hethwill  @Ink  I request this Twitch reports and video thread be cleansed of this whiny  bullshit,  this is a thread I made to report on my twitch streams and adventures, to inspire players and educate new people.  Wraith here thinks its a playground to invade like some brain damaged Occupy CONTENT Movement to virtual signal and feel like a social justice warrior.  let him/her/whatever  make his/hers/this is stupid own damn thread to wax dramatic about the oppression of whatever tickles his/hers/FFS fancy.  Thank you

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

It's a pointless side argument. 

Atreides - you do not get to tell people how to play the game. You can advise, and they can ignore at will.

Just like you ignored my advice on how to properly get a duel.  You did not try to evade the tag or indicate in any way that you wanted a duel. When we got into the tag, you whined about being tagged, and whined to be allowed to duel. That produces the opposite result. 

Some observations:

A. You came with a Rattv - an easily replaceable daily DLC ship. We came with Wasas that are costly to replace. 1v1 duel would be inherently unfair at such conditions, considering we risk much more when sinking. You could have negotiated around that difference, you didn't try. 

B. When you want a duel, you question the other person's skill level. People duel superiors or equals. Beating on a weakling is not a duel. Present yourself as an equal, or superior, and people will accept the challenge more often. Do not beg. Begging makes you prey. Prey gets eaten. 

C. You had things to offer in exchange for a duel. You failed to even consider negotiating. Your feeling of entitlement is resulting in worse outcomes.

D. You could try to be less obnoxious, and find others in your nation that will sail into patrols with you. It's not impossible. We even encountered a great group from GB in another patrol, but I respect them too much to refer someone that whines. They didn't whine, so they were noticed - and will more likely get fairer fights because they have our respect. You wouldn't belong until you manifest change.

Good news, you are doing all of this by choice, which means you can easily improve by changing your attitude. Good luck with that! 

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 2

OK, getting this back on track.  Now have a microphone that appears to work.  Battled 1v1 Rattisvans.  my Swedish opponent Gimli outsailed and out fought me.  In the end I lost to the collapsing circle of Death.  Good fight.  o7

• Like 1

This is the first lesson of my Academy of sorts for new and newer players.  In this video I perform the Endurance Exam.  i will do the other exams and the Final Exam in the next few day.  Seems I inadvertently cut the last minute off because of the delay.  Well i did win and received the victory banner..

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 2