Game-Labs Forum

Why Naval action is dying

gimli_balinson

33 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Alliances should be based on more fastors than just port ownership. It would be very easy to fool the system.

The problem with not using port ownership as a basis for getting a vote is that it didnt work last time. It was viewed as too easy using alts to manipulate the votes and, at least on pvp2, some groups (pirates) complained because the 2 larger nations banded together to fight them. Granted this actually helped keep things in balance and stopped the pirates from sweeping across the map. The pirates still complained about it with claims of it was reducing the amount of pvp (there was more pvp still going on then there is currently).

What really hurt the population of the game was the lack of communication between the developers and the playerbase. Suggestions went unnoticed by the developers who are more concerned with the amount of paints in the game than actually balancing and adding content. Which, could otherwise bring some amount of life to a rather ''shallow'' game. Personally, the lack of open-world content is what encourages me to sail blindly whilst doing cargo missions.

There is simply nothing out of the ordinary that would otherwise make me sail in-game and take the time to indulge within the amount of work that was put into making the game. I don't enjoy criticising games which I believe have potential. But, if the developers fail to recognise the terrible balance of nations, combined with them ignoring what the playerbase are interested in seeing fixed.

Then, it won't be too long before we're back to 200-300 players on regularly. Worse, if NA is left to die for good. What makes the situation even worse is Game-Labs concurrently developing more than 2-3 games. 

Edited by George Burton
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tenet said:

How do you know that the other "people and leaders" are not just as confused? Did THEY conduct the research, or did they also hearsay it from "people and leaders"? Your claims aren't theories - theories require facts.

Fact is that multiple nations and clans tried RvR, and oversized Russia almost always makes it either not fun, or less fun than it could be. No need for other proofs.

According to opinions stated even here, Russians are leaving game as well. It's not surprising - lack of good content when you're the large one is boring. 

35 minutes ago, vazco said:

Fact is that multiple nations and clans tried RvR, and oversized Russia almost always makes it either not fun, or less fun than it could be. No need for other proofs.

According to opinions stated even here, Russians are leaving game as well. It's not surprising - lack of good content when you're the large one is boring. 

What do you mean by "other proofs", you have NOT posted ANY proofs. Just hearsay and opinions. 

You can't post an opinion and then say "I don't need more proofs". The Opinion is NOT a proof! 

12 hours ago, Teutonic said:

We don't have a true clan wars system because we still have nations.

Get rid of nations - and then you'll have a true clan wars system :).

make friendly clan list your allies.

now what can we complain about next :)?

oh right, BR on ports.

clan wars system ,It's a good idea ,think about the anti Denmark+Pirate alliance of pvp2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Yes, a real clan system would have made that quite exciting in my opinion.

May be for veterans having more than 2000 hours in game. But what are new players (real ones) answering to early invitations to join a clan: let me first discover the game!

Basing the game on clans could be even worst for player retention, in particular if content and development is denied to individual players (like today).

Lottery content (like permits and port bonus for DLC) can't be good for player retention. Grinding for lottery, and having then a bad luck may be so disappointing...

Developers should choose between rng and grinding. Remove one, at least!

On 9/2/2019 at 2:21 AM, Tenet said:

The Opinion is NOT a proof! 

We're discussing why rvr is dying. What better proof you can get than an opinion of clan leaders, who were organizing pb's, and they're not doing it any more, saying that Russia makes it not fun? Do you want to read their brain waves instead?

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 12:51 AM, gimli_balinson said:

u know the divertent betwen sweden and russia? No? Ok im so nice and say it to u sweden can bring 1 pb fleet what is betwen 20-25 players and russia can bring easy 4 pb fleets u  see the diverent? if not it not worth to talk

Like Sweden before with redii and friends?? 

I will be doing my part making not only the Twitch streams I already promote in global.  I also will be making videos for instruction of various aspects of the game, from the ships to tactics to trading.  I intend on having an academy of sorts to cater to newer players and others who may not grasp aspects of the game.

Twitch name aeomar  It has the same profile pic as I do here.  I wont be messing much with any elite gear, but will address the low lever to mid level player.

• Like 4

On 9/1/2019 at 1:26 AM, gimli_balinson said:

Here i just want writhe why Naval Action will dying ... realy soon .... and why? Right becaus of the Russia Nation the have to join every thing today, last week  and in future it will hapens again sw will do a port battle the russians will come and catch the fleet for the pb and so a lot ppl will leave shure becaus 1 nation is dominating the hole game with out a viwe of the point when its to much 

@admin do some thin against it or the game will just have a russia pvp pve server 

All games are dying. All of them. Even those that are growing. They will die someday. 
Every forum member is slowly dying too. All of us. 

Stop whining
Enjoy everything while it lasts. Today.

• Like 14