Game-Labs Forum

How to Log in without using SteamID

NeonsStyle

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to Login to NA without using my Steam ID? Since I

do videos for YouTube, I really don't want my Steam name plastered over YouTube, so

how do you use the default login, and create a username/password for the default login?

I dd try my forum login but it doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Thx Neon

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to Login to NA without using my Steam ID? Since I

do videos for YouTube, I really don't want my Steam name plastered over YouTube, so

how do you use the default login, and create a username/password for the default login?

I dd try my forum login but it doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Thx Neon

Just cut the video :P

As far as I understand it, the very first time you log into the game, it queries your Steam Persona name (which is what your Friends see on Steam) and stores it on the NA database for all future use in the game. You are then free to change your Steam Persona back to whatever you normally prefer. You might be PewDiePie on Steam but if you change your Persona to Captain Gribble then launch NA for the first time, you will be Captain Gribble in NA. You can then change your Steam persona back to PewDiePie.

If you have already logged in under your regular Steam Persona, the NA database will have stored that name and will put it above your ship and in Team lists. If you really want to edit it for privacy, I believe the Devs could do that for you. I have seen one person with an offensive name having their name changed so I believe it can be done.

Well wished i had seen this thread before i installed. I never saw an option to choose an in-game nick, either unfortunatey and now stuck with an old email address. It seems the steam name edits wont appear in-game.

Is there a dev email or some such for a name change request?

It would be the usual info email address but there is currently no formal name-change process. We have seen offensive names being changed so we know it can be done but the rest of us are simply waiting until the database is reset nearer to launch. If there is a pressing privacy need to have a name changed, then I would not expect the devs to mind the occasional request but minor name edits could probably be left for now.

It would be the usual info email address but there is currently no formal name-change process. We have seen offensive names being changed so we know it can be done but the rest of us are simply waiting until the database is reset nearer to launch. If there is a pressing privacy need to have a name changed, then I would not expect the devs to mind the occasional request but minor name edits could probably be left for now.

It's not really a minor name edit. It's slightly private and i'd like it changed since i was not aware of the issue or that i should have even considered a steam email as a username or i would have changed the steam name beforehand.

So a request email would be appreciated, thankyou.