Game-Labs Forum

Shuckle the 3rd

Question

so a couple of players found a ship wich was over its thickness cap and after some discussing we found a way to actually trick the cap of ships shown at https://na-map.netlify.com/  when you smach as much thickness as possible onto a ship.

so the map tells the thickness-cap for locean is 99 but they managed to gain 105 onto the ship.

ill wait till @admin responded to this and says if its a acual glitch or intended mechanic of the game till i explain how to do it so the amount of players that abuse it if its a glitch will be as small as possible.

Edited by Shuckle the 3rd
  • Like 5

20 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Wick said:

Live oak white oak with thickness mods does that. Always been like this. You get a very slow ship, thick but lower hp.

Aye lmao, please stop

4 minutes ago, Wyy said:

yeah gonna need screenshot of the ship, cant find anything on the na map netlify page that makes it go over 99 thickness

311310_screenshots_20190824192929_1.jpg.

I think what happened is they added actual thickness (66 on screenshot) with difference from base value (-4 on screenshot) 

Damn, Im so smart 

brain-pepe-58a357b6d6854.png

Edited by Beeekonda

I dont have any Screenshots saved by myself, as i didnt own any live oak ships, the ppl i was talkin to bought a ship wich had 103 thickness and after some testing we found out how it goes and reached 105. Its not possible to reach this number through the Netify map cause one of the mods needed is actually missing in the selection menue. I think its a bug cause its only possible to break the cap of 99 on a locean with the combination of mods and woods we used and they had 3 ships with exactly the same mod Setup but with 3 different thickness stats, 101, 103 and 105. The only difference was the Order the mods got added to the ship so it seems kinda glitchy to me. 

19 minutes ago, Shuckle the 3rd said:

I dont have any Screenshots saved by myself, as i didnt own any live oak ships, the ppl i was talkin to bought a ship wich had 103 thickness and after some testing we found out how it goes and reached 105. Its not possible to reach this number through the Netify map cause one of the mods needed is actually missing in the selection menue. I think its a bug cause its only possible to break the cap of 99 on a locean with the combination of mods and woods we used and they had 3 ships with exactly the same mod Setup but with 3 different thickness stats, 101, 103 and 105. The only difference was the Order the mods got added to the ship so it seems kinda glitchy to me. 

1. "the ppl" - names please, ask them to provide screenshots?

2. "one of the mods needed is actually missing" - name of the mod please?

the rest makes no sense

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

803e54d647bc56f0b4f8bd9fe39d1394.png

Look at the mod, "Navy Planking." Its +6cm armor. It has the same icon as Cartagena caulking. It *can* be stacked with "Navy Structure Refit."  Here is a LO/WO Hull 4 Santisima with just "Navy Structure Refit."
3310c257969ec32ef5947e725b59b695.png

Now add in +6cm thickness from a "Navy Planking."  96+6=102cm thickness.   If there's one thing I've learned from math classes, its that 102>99 most of the time :lol:

I wasn't going to waste combat medals on buying a navy planking. Thats a useless mod to me. But they do, in fact, stack (just like Cartagena Caulking + Navy Structure stack). 

36 minutes ago, Shuckle the 3rd said:

I think its a bug cause its only possible to break the cap of 99 on a locean with the combination of mods and woods we used and they had 3 ships with exactly the same mod Setup but with 3 different thickness stats, 101, 103 and 105. The only difference was the Order the mods got added to the ship so it seems kinda glitchy to me. 

1. Sop being so vague. "The combination of woods and mods we used..." You used live oak/white oak. There is no other build that will give more thickness. I think we've already sussed out what mods were in use, but please list those as well. There is no need for all this secrecy. 

2. Unless you provide screenshots of these same ships, with the same builds, and same mods, I'm gonna call bull on them having different thickness stats. The order of mods applied has never had any difference on a ship's stats, not that I've seen (and I've tried it).  If you're calculating these stats by hand, then you need to understand that all % bonuses for mods + wood types are added together, then applied to the base stat, and all base stat modifiers (like navy planking) are added to the base. Two separate additions = one final value; order does not matter ( a + b = c, or  b + a = c ).

So please, post some screenshots, and we can see if there is some trick here, or, as I suspect, you've just discovered the difference between a % bonus mod and a flat bonus mod. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, William Death said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

So please, post some screenshots, and we can see if there is some trick here, or, as I suspect, you've just discovered the difference between a % bonus mod and a flat bonus mod. :)

stop ruining my fun jeez

• Like 1

As said in the topic, i didnt want to publish the exact combination of woods and mods cause it could be a glitch.

We had a live white locean with hull 4, added navy planking and afterwards navy sructure and hit 105 by doing that.

Someone tryed to remove cartagena from his live white locean wich already had navy structure on it and replace it with navy planking and hit only 101 thickness, and the ship that made US try this stuff was bought and had 103.

We think that the cap of the game cant handle the flat thickness from navy planking and allows structure to go over the cap.

So no Screenshots yet but just try it out

Live white ship, navy planking, afterwards navy sructure and you are 6% over cap

Honestly the only "bug" here is that the netlify site seems to cap thickness at 99, even though the game doesn't. Its an external site with 1 guy maintaining it, not surprised there's bugs like this occasionally ^.^ 

8 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

Honestly the only "bug" here is that the netlify site seems to cap thickness at 99, even though the game doesn't. Its an external site with 1 guy maintaining it, not surprised there's bugs like this occasionally ^.^ 

the thing is that GAME has a 30% thickness cap ( 76 * 1.3 = 98.8)

On 8/26/2019 at 8:18 AM, EliteDelta said:

hm i wanted to get my Rättvisan as high as possible... now that cap works... sadly i am caped at 87 ArmorT, but with cartagena i should be at 89 ArmorT i planed to put Navy Planking on top... but if there really is this cap... nobody will tell me ingame? or will there be a warning? @admin 

opend a Case, before i put my "navy planking" for nothing... CASE NUMBER NAB-94401

I would get my Rätrvisan to 103 - 105... but i think it will not happen... sadly

here you see from the ingame map tool, its not stacking ! (first ship has both upgrades...) https://na-map.netlify.com/

2019-10-09__ArmorT%20upgrades_NA.PNG

2019-10-09__AromrT%20R%C3%A4ttvisan.PNG

Edited by Dread2005