Game-Labs Forum

Endymion going down with only 8 leaks

SirValer

Dear Devs,

my endymion sinking fast and i can't do nothing with only 8 leaks, side with more than half life and hull full, survival was enable.

it was a very good endymion fir/teak very fast navy hull, copper plating, improved sextant PB sailing 4 hull 4 mast 3 crew 3

thanks and sorry for my poor english

Main question, did you slow down? Your ship will fill up with water much faster if you go full speed, and if you allow the leaks to stay under the waterline. Learning to mitigate flooding from leaks is a skill, I'd be happy to go into more detail if you don't understand how it works. 

32pdr leaks are nasty, take a lot of men to repair ( leak repair + pumpers = survival crew )

Also, as EliteDelta puts, speed reduction is essential. I don't think only depower would be enough in the case of 32pdr holes + fir leak reduction penalties. Battle sails at least.

2 hours ago, SirValer said:

32 pounder guns (wasa broadside) i depower for reduce speed (close hauled ), no leaks reduction during the sinking time and survival enable, never noting this before. something change in the last week?

Depowering doesn't reduce the amount of water intake, you have to reduce sail. It's not based on speed but on sails.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Depowering doesn't reduce the amount of water intake, you have to reduce sail. It's not based on speed but on sails.

Wait, whawhawhat? Are you saying that the setting of the sails changes water intake, not depoering and flattening yards to basically stop? WTF mechanic is that?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aster said:

100% sail=150% water. 80-20 is 100%. 0 is 50% water.

if this is true, then its a mechanic that i've misunderstood and makes zero sense :) and it could be easily fixed if it makes it easier since we have hard cap on  15.5kn for max speed they could do 0kn = 100% = normal flood, then you have the mechanic the flood can be increased by 100%, 15.5kn : 100% = 0,155kn ( 0,155kn is 1%). So for every 0,155kn up from 0kn you get +1% flood increase.

Dont know about you guys, but imo it would make more sense then having it depending on the speed itself with full sails, brake with depower and yard turning and staying on 0kn rather then going 20% sails and 2kn

Edited by Guest

The case is under review

On 8/25/2019 at 2:43 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

This is not correct, amount of water depends on speed of the ship and not on sails mode

• Like 3