Game-Labs Forum
DreadPirateBob

Russia captures Roseau: the devs have to act aggressively to deal with the population balance

Devs have to say thank you for fast forward killing their game. Patch isn’t even out yet, but hundreds are packing already. 

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 1

Maybe Russia should offer to cap any port for money for other nations? 🤔

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 5:15 PM, Captain Reverse said:

No need to tie the whole nation here. This was done only by the BF clan. I will repeat my question:
1. During these 2 days a very large number of people wrote on the forum and on my stream. Why didn’t these people get together and drown our 25 ships + 5 ships without a group? Sweden + Denmark + Poland + France + Holland does not have enough players?
2. Why when the NN clan pumped up Roseu and wanted to capture it. All nations united and defended the city?
3. So what's the matter?

Let me try to answer, and you say it is true or not?
You are all afraid of the BF clan. So afraid that you do not even want to try to fight. It’s better for you to cry and just leave your cities without a fight. And to say that we spoil the game and kill it.

But this is all nonsense and not true. If you check every nickname in today's group, you will see that 70% of the people are people who have just recently created accounts and are complete beginners. And perhaps if you tried, you would easily defeat us. And they would be heroes and just cool guys. But you chose the lighter expensive - just give up and cry.

That is why the BF has always won, wins and will win. Even when we lose, and we do it often - we win anyway. Do you know why? because we play the game and enjoy it. And do not cry.

Good luck on the battlefield. We will continue to fight further, and you continue to cry further

Leader of 200 man clan goes on about how your 30 man clan could fight BF. Or perhaps its reasonable to expect multiple of nations to form a coalition against one massive clan?

Thats fine, IF the tools to ally clans were there.

Reverse also says its ok to use any exploit they find. If its in the game its fair game apparently.

A cheater and a zerg leader has no opinion here.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Leader of 200 man clan goes on about how your 30 man clan could fight BF. 

Maximum size of a battle is 25 vs 25. 30 men can fight 200, unless you admit that your skill doesn't let you do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apl said:

Maximum size of a battle is 25 vs 25. 30 men can fight 200, unless you admit that your skill doesn't let you do it. 

The 5 players left over would get killed immediately, so are you implying that any decent group of 25 players can fight 8 full battles back to back without an opportunity to go to port? 

8 minutes ago, Latron said:

The 5 players left over would get killed immediately, so are you implying that any decent group of 25 players can fight 8 full battles back to back without an opportunity to go to port? 

if ur prepared u can do 8 full battles back to back

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RubyRose said:

if ur prepared u can do 8 full battles back to back

That would require an unbelievably excessive amount of repairs and the luck to get through each battle without losing hardly anyone.

8 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

we dont have fleet and people for Port Battle vs Russian

we only have 50 people for gank 1 Russian ship.

Every day on my stream. Welcome :D

In Patrol Zones, it is more often 20 Russians vs a few others. But anyway, your stream is very nice! 

And the game is gank based. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

we dont have fleet and people for Port Battle vs Russian

we only have 50 people for gank 1 Russian ship.

Every day on my stream. Welcome :D

1. You're lying about 50 people "for gank 1 russian ship".  Nowhere have 50 people chased one ship.  I doubt even 5 were ever after you at the same time, maybe 10 total if you count newbies who can't organize themselves.

2. There's a BIG difference between "newbies and traders chasing ganker" and "port battle fleet".  Don't pretend you don't know the difference.

3. This is a game you play a lot, so you clearly enjoy it.  Why do you continue to write things like you just wrote, when those statements harm the game?

Let me clarify point 3 for you:

If the devs don't fix population imbalance soon, you will no longer have a game to play.  You will be chasing AI fleets and wondering why you didn't go on the PvE server to begin with.

When you guys capture main crafting hubs, with every single capture, you make people quit.  If Santiago de Cuba gets captured, I *guarantee* that 10-15 people who play regularly will quit this game outright.  Another 20-30 will switch nations, probably to Russia, which means LESS CONTENT FOR YOU.  If you guys capture Belize, you can double the numbers I just wrote.  Triple for Truxillo.  Those are players you are never, ever getting back.

I get it, you're on the winning side, you want to talk shit, so you talk shit.  But you're hurting the game, because you're downplaying everything bad that's happening because of bad game design.

The REDS just KILLED the Prussian nation today.  They're done.  VCO lost their balls and moved mostly to Russia, which means that much fewer people for you to kill.  And I don't blame them.

Please, think before you post.  Think long-term.  Think how "fun" this game will be when peak population is 300 and in slow times there are only 120 online, 80% of whom play for Russia - people you can't gank.  No content for you, no content for your stream.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Aquillas said:

In Patrol Zones, it is more often 20 Russians vs a few others. But anyway, your stream is very nice! 

And the game is gank based. 

Thank you very much for the stream. I don’t agree with the rest. Every time I take a Danish twinka and go to the patrol zone, I get 200 + damage and 24 battalion medals. And I get a lot of pleasure. After 30 minutes of my stay in the zone, many other nations come there and the Russians abruptly disappear from the horizon. I can show a bunch of streams as proof.

so if another nation\players understand that Russian ships are the same pixels as the rest. That the Russians have as many new players and the same level of skill as everyone else. Life will be much easier

8 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

man, relax, this is joke. 

but in every joke there is some truth. If you look at my previous stream. Then you can see how the Swedes collected 15 + - ships in 5 minutes to gank my belona. If they were able to assemble such a fleet in 5 minutes, what will happen if it takes a little more time to prepare?

It's all in your head. I do not deny the problems of the game and the current mechanics. But for the most part, I blame the players for that. The players asked for these mechanics, the players continue to cry, the players continue to blame everyone except themselves.

• Like 3

I can only confirm was Staunberg writes.

I wanted to go to the SC Zone 2 days ago - I didn't even come out of the harbour (too many Russians) and in Tumbado  looks exactly the same.

Last weekend Denmark flipped Cap Fr.
DK didn't even get a PB Fleet full (despite big HAVOC clan).
The players simply lose interest in Naval Action when it's so massively unbalanced.

What can I tell more to the developers before they become active?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I can only confirm was Staunberg writes.

I wanted to go to the SC Zone 2 days ago - I didn't even come out of the harbour (too many Russians) and in Tumbado  looks exactly the same.

Last weekend Denmark flipped Cap Fr.
DK didn't even get a PB Fleet full (despite big HAVOC clan).
The players simply lose interest in Naval Action when it's so massively unbalanced.

What can I tell more to the developers before they become active?

The HAVOC core lost interest. There are still some guys playing but HAVOC isn't "big" anymore. ;) 

I can only speak for myself. After 4k hours, doing everything from leveling to founding a clan and leading nations and portbattles I just lose interest. That is normal I guess, partly it has something to do with the high amount of players you need to do stuff and partly it has something to do that only russia is worth fighting against. Fighting other nations either is too easy or it just doesn't make sense because you need to have them as allies against russia.

Meanwhile most of the nations/players are not willing to do anything against russia. So why even try organizing? (yes I tried :) )

That "russiaproblem" is coming from 2 or 3 things:

- No alliance mechanics allowing it to support eachother in portbattles

- The national spirit is completly gone with the implementation of clanports (which wasn't bad, it just needs something to get this national spirit back)

- The right people stopped playing the game. The organizers/nationbuilders that have the charisma and nerves/willpower to unite nations

Edited by rediii
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, rediii said:

The HAVOC core lost interest. There are still some guys playing but HAVOC isn't "big" anymore. ;) 

I can only speak for myself. After 4k hours, doing everything from leveling to founding a clan and leading nations and portbattles I just lose interest. That is normal I guess, partly it has something to do with the high amount of players you need to do stuff and partly it has something to do that only russia is worth fighting against. Fighting other nations either is too easy or it just doesn't make sense because you need to have them as allies against russia.

Meanwhile most of the nations/players are not willing to do anything against russia. So why even try organizing? (yes I tried :) )

That "russiaproblem" is coming from 2 or 3 things:

- No alliance mechanics allowing it to support eachother in portbattles

- The national spirit is completly gone with the implementation of clanports (which wasn't bad, it just needs something to get this national spirit back)

- The right people stopped playing the game. The organizers/nationbuilders that have the charisma and nerves/willpower to unite nations

I agree with you in case of the "russiaproblem" and the reasons of this but not with your decision to not play anymore ... but I can understand you partially

As you know we tried to speak with the danes to stop to gank each other and fight the russians togehter. It failed because of some clan interests.

Anyway we tried to screen for the danes at russians ... ironically, togehter with the same clans who were against a treaty.

We tried to screen also for the french to avoid to have the russians at dominica .. it failed also because of some single (danish and britisch) clans/players who figths us instead the russian aggressors.

The devs removed a lot of content of the game for us with the remove of the alliance system and the implementation of the
clan focussed things.

Most of the players currently playing on the server don't know an alliance system anymore.

The devs also removed content with the remove of trading ...

Its very simple ... if you want to lower the numbers of players just remove content of a game.  

• Like 4

No need to bring real life and old politics to a game alternative history. Rules 1. 3. and 4.  Keep friendly. Keep playing. - the Moderation team

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

The REDS just KILLED the Prussian nation today.  They're done.  VCO lost their balls and moved mostly to Russia, which means that much fewer people for you to kill.  And I don't blame them.

How? Pinar is not even a crafting port.

We left due to no cohesion among the various pirate clans. Since we left, Pirates have lost like 20+ ports. #thankskoltes

4 hours ago, rediii said:

That is normal I guess, partly it has something to do with the high amount of players you need to do stuff and partly it has something to do that only russia is worth fighting against.

Russian aggression too high was already discussed in the early 2018

In terms of population imbalance. 

The only way to control overpopulation by natural means is to remove unlimited resources out of the air and go all in on the forest spawns (increasing their number). 
As a result

• Nations with limited numbers will have all types of woods and resources cheap. Everyone will have best ships
  • Nations with lots of players will not have all resources - and will have to overpay and haul more (or build secondary bases for production - spreading their investments thin)

Lets say 1000 of oak per nation per day (or week) and thats it. No more oak for nation. This will solve all overpopulation issues. 

And no going back on that - eventually players will get used to it and accept it as a given. More people = less GDP ;)

(PVE server wont have this problem as oak will be also available from admiralty)

WOW style - queues wont work, pop caps wont work as player who bought the game wants to play for the flag of his choice.
Maybe additional cost should be introduced for nation switch, like 10 mln reals + 25000 doubloons, as some people report that in the long term - nation change item is too cheap compared to other games (wow makes you pay EUR for every switch), as it is causing long term imbalance and reduces value of nation choice and permanence. Causing more imbalance

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Russian aggression too high was already discussed in the early 2018

In terms of population imbalance. 

The only way to control overpopulation by natural means is to remove unlimited resources out of the air and go all in on the forest spawns (increasing their number). 
As a result

• Nations with limited numbers will have all types of woods and resources cheap. Everyone will have best ships
  • Nations with lots of players will not have all resources - and will have to overpay and haul more (or build secondary bases for production - spreading their investments thin)

And no going back on that. Lets say 1000 of oak per nation per day (or week) and thats it. No more oak for nation.

would just inspire those that have alts in other nations to monopolize the woods. but as a side note alot of newer players would probably benefit from getting exp from completing missions aside from the battle themselves like we use to with combat orders with a fixed exp gain from completing those missions

2 minutes ago, RubyRose said:

would just inspire those that have alts in other nations to monopolize the woods.

they wont as resources are port ownership based. but if alts control a port then yes. 

6 minutes ago, admin said:

WOW style - queues wont work, pop caps wont work as player who bought the game wants to play for the flag of his choice.
Maybe additional cost should be introduced for nation switch, like 10 mln reals + 25000 doubloons.

you going to refund the DLC costs them?  We paid for the ability to change nations, not the ability pay in game to change nations.

To solve the Russia problem you were on the right path with the built in alliances.  Unfortunately the some of the community cannot see the forest for the trees and we are now in the same problem we were before.  

• Like 7

@admin

Glad to see you are working on RVR balance! Have you considered the possibility to declare a RVR coalition between small nations so they can effectively combine their forces against the stronger foe?

• Like 4

Just now, Serk said:

@admin

Glad to see you are working on RVR balance! Have you considered the possibility to declare a RVR coalition between small nations so they can effectively combine their forces against the stronger foe?

why would that be needed when u already can show up to pb's with multiple nation fleets 

Well the devs are smart so I believe they can find a fix to all these defections. I personally think we should go to Green on Green and make so there are no factions. 

1 minute ago, Staunberg said:

They can’t Enter the pb. if a nation only can field 15 players. It is a bit harder to defend ore for thar matter to attack and take a port. But I am not sure Alliances will solve the problem, but I can neither say it wont.

buy the dlc and change to the nation

Quote "JUST. DO. IT"

For the alliance coalitions that you wanted to do.

it effective lowers nation count to 5(6 with pirates) and suddenly everyone can stay in their nation, but have multiple people to play with for RvR. If folks hate the fact that they can't "sink" scrubs in nations that suddenly they are friendly with then they can just go to a different coalition. multiple groups have done it already anyway.

• Like 1