Game-Labs Forum
DreadPirateBob

Russia captures Roseau: the devs have to act aggressively to deal with the population balance

2 minutes ago, Serk said:

People have RL and are not always available, so you need more than 25 1rst rate in a nation to regularly field full PB fleet outside of weekends.

The lack of any real alliance also hurts. Even if France had managed to muster 10 or 12 1rst rates in the middle of the week despite RL priorities, this half fleet can’t be combined with the Swedish fleet to defend the port anyway. 

And we all know how sending 10-12 1rst rates vs a full 1rst rate Pb fleet is suicidal, so why even bother showing up?

Funny

Reverse said on stream "France always has 25 ships (including 1st rates) to chase few ships when they come to gank, but never has 25 ships to defend port"'

quote me on that I can show you that moment on stream if you dont believe me

Edited by Beeekonda

43 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

Let me try to answer, and you say it is true or not?
You are all afraid of the BF clan. So afraid that you do not even want to try to fight. It’s better for you to cry and just leave your cities without a fight. And to say that we spoil the game and kill it.

That is why the BF has always won, wins and will win. Even when we lose, and we do it often - we win anyway. Do you know why? because we play the game and enjoy it. And do not cry.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Why give u content?

Can any1 deny that 1 nation with a 55p port attacking a nation with a 45p port has a clear mathematical advantage?

Add to that: France is a shitty RvR nation with about 0 organized clans. Is this the fault of Russia or BF? No. Is it a fact? Yes.

Add to that: BF is a decently organized clan that on its own has more active players than the entirety of France. Is this the fault of BF? No. Is it a fact? Yes.

Add to that: Most other nations have stopped caring about France, partly because France failed to organize after their last scare, mostly because they've simply stopped playing the game enough to care. Is this the fault of BF? No. Is it a fact? Yes - just check steamcharts if any1 cares to argue.

Pretty much right on the nose. Sweden went out to try to defend both nations that were targeted today. Both nations we tried to help are smaller compared to us but we see as good neighbors bring friendly PvP. After today and what we expect to be a flood of Russians doing PvP in our already crowded part of the map, France will go silent. 

2 minutes ago, Serk said:

People have RL and are not always available, so you need more than 25 1rst rate in a nation to regularly field full PB fleet outside of weekends.

The lack of any real alliance also hurts. Even if France had managed to muster 10 or 12 1rst rates in the middle of the week despite RL priorities, this half fleet can’t be combined with the Swedish fleet to defend the port anyway. 

And we all know how sending 10-12 1rst rates vs a full 1rst rate Pb fleet is suicidal, so why even bother showing up?

Not to mention, unlike Russia, we are not able to quickly replace lost 1st rates. 

Just now, Beeekonda said:

Funny

Reverse said on stream "France always has 25 ships (including 1st rates) to chase few ships when they come to gank, but never has 25 ships to defend port"

Reverse says a lot of things. Does not make it true.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Staunberg said:

You really dont get it, do you. Most player dont care anymore. Those few that actually does, can’t get the rest to care.

When I started to play a couple of year ago, RvR was great. Since they just have change after change, so more and more ppl just stopped wanted, to do it.

Russia can take every port on the map and it wont change the fact. To few want to do RvR as the game is now. Ppl play the part they think is fun and spend the time on the game, they think is worth the players time.

For to many RvR is not worth the time and effort.

As long as there is fun to be had in the PZs it doesnt matter to me. Plus i think players, like always, are over reacting to the current situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucioMaximo said:

..balance has to come or it will kill the game.

The completely out of balance situation and the devs who dont give a shit about that, made me quit the game. Could be solved by the players itself, but that isn't realistic. So this game needs a mechanic to do this or at least to support and push that. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

You really dont get it, do you. Most player dont care anymore. Those few that actually does, can’t get the rest to care.

When I started to play a couple of year ago, RvR was great. Since they just have change after change, so more and more ppl just stopped wanted, to do it.

Russia can take every port on the map and it wont change the fact. To few want to do RvR as the game is now. Ppl play the part they think is fun and spend the time on the game, they think is worth the players time.

For to many RvR is not worth the time and effort.

Sweden wanted to do RvR. Every time we do it though Russia, even if we are not going and attacking Russia, come out and swarm the PB, which at times prevents us from joining the actual PB. It has become aggravating to a point we just do not care to go through the work to have some non-affiliated party prevent us from enjoying the game. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

No need to tie the whole nation here. This was done only by the BF clan. I will repeat my question:
1. During these 2 days a very large number of people wrote on the forum and on my stream. Why didn’t these people get together and drown our 25 ships + 5 ships without a group? Sweden + Denmark + Poland + France + Holland does not have enough players?
2. Why when the NN clan pumped up Roseu and wanted to capture it. All nations united and defended the city?
3. So what's the matter?

Let me try to answer, and you say it is true or not?
You are all afraid of the BF clan. So afraid that you do not even want to try to fight. It’s better for you to cry and just leave your cities without a fight. And to say that we spoil the game and kill it.

But this is all nonsense and not true. If you check every nickname in today's group, you will see that 70% of the people are people who have just recently created accounts and are complete beginners. And perhaps if you tried, you would easily defeat us. And they would be heroes and just cool guys. But you chose the lighter expensive - just give up and cry.

That is why the BF has always won, wins and will win. Even when we lose, and we do it often - we win anyway. Do you know why? because we play the game and enjoy it. And do not cry.

Good luck on the battlefield. We will continue to fight further, and you continue to cry further

1. probably because all those nations you stated don't work together often, if ever anymore.

Furthering this point, Your clan, your 1 clan had more people online then the entirety of any of these nations. Your Russian fleet had a good 40 players in the area. France had nothing today, Poland had roughly 12 guys and 1 of them in a 2nd rate, and Sweden had about 20 folks in 3rds, Denmark maybe had 3-5 guys and that is probably just 1 clan, nothing substantial

2. Probably because when they attacked all these nations had more players online everyday. I can't explain why on that particular time the nations all united and I can't explain why france defended then but not now except to say the Eastern nations are essentially dead in RvR and population compared to the 2 largest nations in the game currently.

3. I have no clue mate.

it's not that anyone is afraid of BF. most of us enjoy fighting you guys. The question keeps coming up though, and for good reason. You know certain nations have a large population and a large RvR force, you clearly want content and fights. So why do you decide not to go for them in an RvR aspect?

You're right, all the nations you stated together probably have more than you. But I hope you saw today that they aren't working together, they aren't coming to the area, and heck some just don't care anymore.

If you really want those large 20-25 man fleet battles in lineships that are mostly 1st/2nd rates AND you want a group to respond in similar fashion instead of trash ships, you're not looking in the right areas because there is no unified coalition against russia anymore, unless you only look on the forums ;).

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

As long as there is fun to be had in the PZs it doesnt matter to me. Plus i think players, like always, are over reacting to the current situation.

You have fun in pz full of mates from your nation ? :D

• Like 1

Not sure what the answer is but the server pop seems to be on a general decline and lets face it RvR is effectively almost dead (although it twitches now and then).

You can't really blame a nation alone, but as things stand something needs to change i think.

Personally I can't be bothered with RvR atm,  you often meet with an army of screeners that make the whole time consuming process asinine.

3 minutes ago, o7Captain said:

You have fun in pz full of mates from your nation ? :D

Shroud is really the only one that consistently sucks now for that reason.  But with the other ones if the russians have like 100 more BR than anyone else people bitch like pussies about a gank but have no issues with a 10v1 in their favor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LegoLarry said:

You can't really blame a nation alone, but as things stand something needs to change i think.

I must have been unclear.  I'm not blaming Russia the nation or Russian players.  I'm blaming the devs for not being proactive in game design, especially since these problems were extremely obvious throughout the 4+ years of open world beta.

I do find it infuriating when Russian players act all tough about how they'd put up a fight if they were outnumbered, or how apparently it's everyone else's fault for not coordinating 11 nations and dozens of clans to stand up to them.  It's easy to talk shit when you have almost half the server population in your nation, that can't attack you, and will likely cooperate with you, and you're already in regular contact with.

Let's see Potemkin or Reverse talk shit after they switch to Poland, Spain, Prussia, or France.

Edited by DreadPirateBob
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Captain Reverse said:

But this is all nonsense and not true. If you check every nickname in today's group, you will see that 70% of the people are people who have just recently created accounts and are complete beginners. And perhaps if you tried, you would easily defeat us. And they would be heroes and just cool guys. But you chose the lighter expensive - just give up and cry.

Good luck on the battlefield. We will continue to fight further, and you continue to cry further

REVERSE,

This form of infentile crowing and grandstanding will not stand anymore.  You are one of the highest skilled captains on the whole server, your PVP skill are legendary on keyboard combinations, manual dexterity and mastery of the ingame physics, points of sail, gunnery angles etc.  Your highly skilled use has made you one of the most Renowned Captains with the absolute mastery of a keyboard and mouse.  I hope yours are gold plated with diamonds on them, because with your finger combinations and feather light movements of the mouse on your desk, angels must sing.  I have watched your streams with admiration, and hope all around you are able to revel in the perfection of your use of keyboard and mouse, and don't complain when you yell a bit too loud and it wakes the baby next door.

Now to business.  You coming on the forums with these thuggish threats and taunts and childish name calling and mocking is not acceptable to any rational community.  This is not the playground where you can stand on the dirt mound and cry out:

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

You and your highly effective team have successfully demoralised a chunk of the population of the server, you have put fear of loss into them, and now you laugh and taunt and tell everyone else who will read or hear how everyone fears the pain you can apply to them if they are not the right kind of submissive to your ego. 

Things are about to change, I am now a NO-LIFER in this game that I love, and will work tirelessly to try to defend others from such antics.  Every nation needs to have pride in the flag they wear, and their team.  You are a master at building a group of highly skilled fighters that put fear into your opponents, truly a job well done, and I tip my hat to you in regards to this.

But there comes a point where your unsportsmanlike attitude toward your opponents, and your scorched Earth attitude evidenced here, as well as the disdain you show your enemies with the ingame RVR system of massive loss at a defeat is deplorable, I hope its just roleplay, but will make no assumptions of your psychological state.

The devs have seen fit to fracture this community into far, far too many nations, which has led to real life old axes to grind and cross culture ire.  Russia, including BF clan have become the major power on the server, through use of strength and orginisation, further encouraged by the Traitor DLC monitizing the TOXIC nature of people who want the easy way to victory and pretty pixels on their computer screen that is more pretty than the pixels on other people's screens.

You may well continue to hoover up skilled players, and further demoralise opponents to the point you are left with no enemies to fight.  And then you truly will be King of Kings of Naval Action, on a server of 300 people.... again.

Things are about to change if I am able, If everyone on the server has a Kill On Sight for me, I don't care.  because right now I have nothing but time, and nothing else I am able to do except this game.  I have determination and a relatively unaffected mind right now, and I have intellectual, leadership  and psychological skills to pour into this game. Be on notice.

I also have a keyboard and mouse, they are not fancy, but they give me the same tools you use.

• Like 5

1DtIkON4CoIO6G4hB3OSC06yz0QOs-8jg=w2520-

Edited by Black Mamba
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DreadPirateBob said:

I must have been unclear.  I'm not blaming Russia the nation or Russian players.  I'm blaming the devs for not being proactive in game design, especially since these problems were extremely obvious throughout the 4+ years of open world beta.

I do find it infuriating when Russian players act all tough about how they'd put up a fight if they were outnumbered, or how apparently it's everyone else's fault for not coordinating 11 nations and dozens of clans to stand up to them.  It's easy to talk shit when you have almost half the server population in your nation, that can't attack you, and will likely cooperate with you, and you're already in regular contact with.

Let's see Potemkin or Reverse talk shit after they switch to Poland, Spain, Prussia, or France.

All you're doing is bitching and subtly demanding that people leave russia, apparently because the french (who you dont play with) lost a port they didnt try to defend. This is a game tardbreath, if i lose ships or i lost my crafting hub id probably switch nations. What i wouldn't do is pout and not fight, then whine like a retard on the forums like you. Were you there helping the french today?

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

All you're doing is bitching and subtly demanding that people leave russia, apparently because the french (who you dont play with) lost a port they didnt try to defend. This is a game tardbreath, if i lose ships or i lost my crafting hub id probably switch nations. What i wouldn't do is pout and not fight, then whine like a retard on the forums.

That is not at all what I'm saying.

I've made it very clear that the fault lies entirely with the devs, because this is what players do.  If Russian players voluntarily left Russia, sooner or later another dominant nation would emerge.  This has nothing to do with ethnic Russians, nothing to do with the players who play for Russia, everything to do with bad game design.

I'm making fun of YOU in particular, however, because you talk a lot of shit about how you wish you were outnumbered... but you don't switch nations to one that is outnumbered.  It's easy being cocky when you have all the advantages.

But please, feel free to deliberately misrepresent what I'm saying yet again.  I'm happy to correct you and continue pointing out your bullshit to everyone who reads this thread.

Edited by DreadPirateBob

3 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

And for everyone suggesting that some players for Russia will get bored and switch, I ask you how many doubloons you'd want to farm again to build your crafting

Im not going anywhere dickbean, been in russia way longer than dingleberries like you have been whining on the forum about russia being an evil zerg ruining the game because they make people like you too scared to do RVR which you say you dont like anyway because it excludes small nations that you yourself dont play for or bother to help apparently.

Just now, Potemkin said:

Im not going anywhere dickbean, been in russia way longer than dingleberries like you have been whining on the forum about russia being an evil zerg ruining the game because they make people like you too scared to do RVR which you say you dont like anyway because it excludes small nations that you yourself dont play for or bother to help apparently.

It's like you actually can't read and comprehend what I'm saying.

• Like 2

You're trying to say that im too scared to move to a dead nation and rebuild all of my crafting/res chains. Im basically telling you to change your tampon.

Edited by Potemkin

No, I'm saying the devs have made a bad game design and it needs to be fixed.

I'm saying that YOU shouldn't talk shit about how you'd like to be outnumbered, when you refuse to change nations to an outnumbered one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DreadPirateBob said:

No, I'm saying the devs have made a bad game design and it needs to be fixed.

I'm saying that YOU shouldn't talk shit about how you'd like to be outnumbered, when you refuse to change nations to an outnumbered one.

No amount of changes to mechanics will force people to fight. Its up to the players. Forum pipe dream suggestions are a dime a dozen. As for me not talking shit, well, thats just not gonna stop. Especially not when you call me out specifically. What nation do you play for and what clan are you in? Is that your in-game name?

Hello

I agree 100% Dev have to fight ZERG or BLOB....Go to Nassau patrol at 7 PM and you will see what will be the game in a few week's ....a massive number of Russian player's waiting for a fight ....But nobody come , it will be the same soon everwhere in the map and it's not crying it's just a regret's to see this game killed by player's with the dev absolution .

We don't need also 55 port we just need that this very bad idea of port bonus be changed.

55 port bonus give a heavy bonus to strongest nation that really don't need this advantage .....The game is unbalanced as never......

Port bonus also freeze the game , small nation won't attack big one because it's far too easy for big to wipe their crafting port ....it's a one or two shot nation wipe and with the price of shipyard the only solution for the wipped player's will be to join the strong nation ( as we can already see ...every day people are leaving to join Russia).

Give the craft bonus back to crafter and lower shipyard price TAX the blob player's and perhaps will we have the chance to see a little bit more ( balanced )  RVR activity......

Cheer's

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

No amount of changes to mechanics will force people to fight. Its up to the players. Forum pipe dream suggestions are a dime a dozen. As for me not talking shit, well, thats just not gonna stop. Especially not when you call me out specifically. What nation do you play for and what clan are you in? Is that your in-game name?

You really think it's about "force people to fight"?

Is this what we're discussing?  Or are we discussing the population imbalance?  Because I'm 100% certain that this is the topic I started and the one we're discussing.  And fixing population imbalance is possible.  You fix that, then you get more people willing to fight.

My nation is GB, my clan doesn't matter because I don't speak for them, and this is my in-game name.  And until YOU switch to an underpop nation, I'm going to continue calling out your bullshit every time you speak about "well just, like, fight us bro, you're only outnumbered 10:1".

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DreadPirateBob said:

My nation is GB

Lmao, makes sense now. If you feel so strongly about underpopulated nations whats stopping YOU from leaving PvE heaven? At the end of the day everyone is free to play how they choose, im personally not out to try to force people to play how i play. On the flip side this is the pvp server, if your port gets attacked, well, you can try to fight, or you can roll over and die.... idk what to say if you dont try other than why did you expect to never lose the port, and if you did expect to lose the port, why bitch about it? As for changing game mechanics... good luck with that. Im personally looking forward to what raids bring to the game because rvr at this point is stagnant.

PS: idk when you started playing but at early access drop i played for spain for over a year when they were all but wiped off the map by GB who at the time was the kind of zerg that many people currently try to make russia out to be. So dont delude yourself into thinking people who are currently in russia dont know what it actually means to fight against the odds, outnumbered, grossly outgunned with your back against the wall and minimal res to craft anything.

Edited by Potemkin

15 minutes ago, John Hill Regard said:

Hello

I agree 100% Dev have to fight ZERG or BLOB....Go to Nassau patrol at 7 PM and you will see what will be the game in a few week's ....a massive number of Russian player's waiting for a fight ....But nobody come , it will be the same soon everwhere in the map and it's not crying it's just a regret's to see this game killed by player's with the dev absolution .

I doubt that, as the russians will just use their alts to fight against each other. It is sad to see such an imbalance created by players. The game was designed to give free will to join any nation. That is how a game should be. If players want to choose to all join one nation, then so be it. Anyone left can just do their best to deny that zerg any content. I've done it often just surrendering to zerg ganks. If everyone gave them no fun, soon they will leave the game, or finally split up and join other nations. If they don't, then so be it...they can keep ganking their alt accounts from other nations. Then everyone watching their stream will laugh at them and leave because of their shit content.

At any rate, every single player knew from the beginning of OW that this game was designed to give free will to join a nation of their choice. People knew it. If they chose to make the game unbalanced by zerging, then it is the players fault, not the devs. It's up to the players to balance the game.