Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
DreadPirateBob

Russia captures Roseau: the devs have to act aggressively to deal with the population balance

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Aquillas said:

In Patrol Zones, it is more often 20 Russians vs a few others. But anyway, your stream is very nice! 

And the game is gank based. 

Thank you very much for the stream. I don’t agree with the rest. Every time I take a Danish twinka and go to the patrol zone, I get 200 + damage and 24 battalion medals. And I get a lot of pleasure. After 30 minutes of my stay in the zone, many other nations come there and the Russians abruptly disappear from the horizon. I can show a bunch of streams as proof.

so if another nation\players understand that Russian ships are the same pixels as the rest. That the Russians have as many new players and the same level of skill as everyone else. Life will be much easier

8 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

 

man, relax, this is joke. 
 

but in every joke there is some truth. If you look at my previous stream. Then you can see how the Swedes collected 15 + - ships in 5 minutes to gank my belona. If they were able to assemble such a fleet in 5 minutes, what will happen if it takes a little more time to prepare?

It's all in your head. I do not deny the problems of the game and the current mechanics. But for the most part, I blame the players for that. The players asked for these mechanics, the players continue to cry, the players continue to blame everyone except themselves.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only confirm was Staunberg writes.

I wanted to go to the SC Zone 2 days ago - I didn't even come out of the harbour (too many Russians) and in Tumbado  looks exactly the same.

Last weekend Denmark flipped Cap Fr.
DK didn't even get a PB Fleet full (despite big HAVOC clan).
The players simply lose interest in Naval Action when it's so massively unbalanced.

What can I tell more to the developers before they become active?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I can only confirm was Staunberg writes.

I wanted to go to the SC Zone 2 days ago - I didn't even come out of the harbour (too many Russians) and in Tumbado  looks exactly the same.

Last weekend Denmark flipped Cap Fr.
DK didn't even get a PB Fleet full (despite big HAVOC clan).
The players simply lose interest in Naval Action when it's so massively unbalanced.

What can I tell more to the developers before they become active?

The HAVOC core lost interest. There are still some guys playing but HAVOC isn't "big" anymore. ;) 

I can only speak for myself. After 4k hours, doing everything from leveling to founding a clan and leading nations and portbattles I just lose interest. That is normal I guess, partly it has something to do with the high amount of players you need to do stuff and partly it has something to do that only russia is worth fighting against. Fighting other nations either is too easy or it just doesn't make sense because you need to have them as allies against russia.

Meanwhile most of the nations/players are not willing to do anything against russia. So why even try organizing? (yes I tried :) )

That "russiaproblem" is coming from 2 or 3 things:

- No alliance mechanics allowing it to support eachother in portbattles

- The national spirit is completly gone with the implementation of clanports (which wasn't bad, it just needs something to get this national spirit back)

- The right people stopped playing the game. The organizers/nationbuilders that have the charisma and nerves/willpower to unite nations

Edited by rediii
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rediii said:

The HAVOC core lost interest. There are still some guys playing but HAVOC isn't "big" anymore. ;) 

I can only speak for myself. After 4k hours, doing everything from leveling to founding a clan and leading nations and portbattles I just lose interest. That is normal I guess, partly it has something to do with the high amount of players you need to do stuff and partly it has something to do that only russia is worth fighting against. Fighting other nations either is too easy or it just doesn't make sense because you need to have them as allies against russia.

Meanwhile most of the nations/players are not willing to do anything against russia. So why even try organizing? (yes I tried :) )

That "russiaproblem" is coming from 2 or 3 things:

- No alliance mechanics allowing it to support eachother in portbattles

- The national spirit is completly gone with the implementation of clanports (which wasn't bad, it just needs something to get this national spirit back)

- The right people stopped playing the game. The organizers/nationbuilders that have the charisma and nerves/willpower to unite nations

I agree with you in case of the "russiaproblem" and the reasons of this but not with your decision to not play anymore ... but I can understand you partially

As you know we tried to speak with the danes to stop to gank each other and fight the russians togehter. It failed because of some clan interests.

Anyway we tried to screen for the danes at russians ... ironically, togehter with the same clans who were against a treaty.

We tried to screen also for the french to avoid to have the russians at dominica .. it failed also because of some single (danish and britisch) clans/players who figths us instead the russian aggressors.

The devs removed a lot of content of the game for us with the remove of the alliance system and the implementation of the
clan focussed things.

Most of the players currently playing on the server don't know an alliance system anymore.

The devs also removed content with the remove of trading ...

Its very simple ... if you want to lower the numbers of players just remove content of a game.  

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to bring real life and old politics to a game alternative history. Rules 1. 3. and 4.  Keep friendly. Keep playing. - the Moderation team

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

 

The REDS just KILLED the Prussian nation today.  They're done.  VCO lost their balls and moved mostly to Russia, which means that much fewer people for you to kill.  And I don't blame them.

How? Pinar is not even a crafting port.

We left due to no cohesion among the various pirate clans. Since we left, Pirates have lost like 20+ ports. #thankskoltes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rediii said:

That is normal I guess, partly it has something to do with the high amount of players you need to do stuff and partly it has something to do that only russia is worth fighting against.

Russian aggression too high was already discussed in the early 2018

 

In terms of population imbalance. 

The only way to control overpopulation by natural means is to remove unlimited resources out of the air and go all in on the forest spawns (increasing their number). 
As a result

  • Nations with limited numbers will have all types of woods and resources cheap. Everyone will have best ships
  • Nations with lots of players will not have all resources - and will have to overpay and haul more (or build secondary bases for production - spreading their investments thin)

Lets say 1000 of oak per nation per day (or week) and thats it. No more oak for nation. This will solve all overpopulation issues. 

And no going back on that - eventually players will get used to it and accept it as a given. More people = less GDP ;)

(PVE server wont have this problem as oak will be also available from admiralty)

 

WOW style - queues wont work, pop caps wont work as player who bought the game wants to play for the flag of his choice.
Maybe additional cost should be introduced for nation switch, like 10 mln reals + 25000 doubloons, as some people report that in the long term - nation change item is too cheap compared to other games (wow makes you pay EUR for every switch), as it is causing long term imbalance and reduces value of nation choice and permanence. Causing more imbalance

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

Russian aggression too high was already discussed in the early 2018

 

In terms of population imbalance. 

The only way to control overpopulation by natural means is to remove unlimited resources out of the air and go all in on the forest spawns (increasing their number). 
As a result

  • Nations with limited numbers will have all types of woods and resources cheap. Everyone will have best ships
  • Nations with lots of players will not have all resources - and will have to overpay and haul more (or build secondary bases for production - spreading their investments thin)

And no going back on that. Lets say 1000 of oak per nation per day (or week) and thats it. No more oak for nation.

would just inspire those that have alts in other nations to monopolize the woods. but as a side note alot of newer players would probably benefit from getting exp from completing missions aside from the battle themselves like we use to with combat orders with a fixed exp gain from completing those missions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RubyRose said:

would just inspire those that have alts in other nations to monopolize the woods.

they wont as resources are port ownership based. but if alts control a port then yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, admin said:

WOW style - queues wont work, pop caps wont work as player who bought the game wants to play for the flag of his choice.
Maybe additional cost should be introduced for nation switch, like 10 mln reals + 25000 doubloons.

you going to refund the DLC costs them?  We paid for the ability to change nations, not the ability pay in game to change nations.

To solve the Russia problem you were on the right path with the built in alliances.  Unfortunately the some of the community cannot see the forest for the trees and we are now in the same problem we were before.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

Glad to see you are working on RVR balance! Have you considered the possibility to declare a RVR coalition between small nations so they can effectively combine their forces against the stronger foe?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Serk said:

@admin

Glad to see you are working on RVR balance! Have you considered the possibility to declare a RVR coalition between small nations so they can effectively combine their forces against the stronger foe?

why would that be needed when u already can show up to pb's with multiple nation fleets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the devs are smart so I believe they can find a fix to all these defections. I personally think we should go to Green on Green and make so there are no factions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, admin said:

Russian aggression too high was already discussed in the early 2018

 

In terms of population imbalance. 

The only way to control overpopulation by natural means is to remove unlimited resources out of the air and go all in on the forest spawns (increasing their number). 
As a result

  • Nations with limited numbers will have all types of woods and resources cheap. Everyone will have best ships
  • Nations with lots of players will not have all resources - and will have to overpay and haul more (or build secondary bases for production - spreading their investments thin)

Lets say 1000 of oak per nation per day (or week) and thats it. No more oak for nation. This will solve all overpopulation issues. 

And no going back on that - eventually players will get used to it and accept it as a given. More people = less GDP ;)

(PVE server wont have this problem as oak will be also available from admiralty)

 

WOW style - queues wont work, pop caps wont work as player who bought the game wants to play for the flag of his choice.
Maybe additional cost should be introduced for nation switch, like 10 mln reals + 25000 doubloons, as some people report that in the long term - nation change item is too cheap compared to other games (wow makes you pay EUR for every switch), as it is causing long term imbalance and reduces value of nation choice and permanence. Causing more imbalance

Sorry but no.

 

Alliance system is the way to go

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Staunberg said:

They can’t Enter the pb. if a nation only can field 15 players. It is a bit harder to defend ore for thar matter to attack and take a port. But I am not sure Alliances will solve the problem, but I can neither say it wont.

buy the dlc and change to the nation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote "JUST. DO. IT"

For the alliance coalitions that you wanted to do.

 

it effective lowers nation count to 5(6 with pirates) and suddenly everyone can stay in their nation, but have multiple people to play with for RvR. If folks hate the fact that they can't "sink" scrubs in nations that suddenly they are friendly with then they can just go to a different coalition. multiple groups have done it already anyway.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RubyRose said:

why would that be needed when u already can show up to pb's with multiple nation fleets 

Because those fleets can’t fight together right now during Pb’s. One half fleet screening + another half fleet in the PB result in two half fleets to be destroyed in two different battles. 

Fleet defending a PB can’t be directly joined by « allied » nation right now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

you going to refund the DLC costs them?  We paid for the ability to change nations, not the ability pay in game to change nations.

To solve the Russia problem you were on the right path with the built in alliances.  Unfortunately the some of the community cannot see the forest for the trees and we are now in the same problem we were before.  

You seem to be incapable of any discussion as i cannot even ask a question or put up theory in our community openly without you crying about refunds.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

The REDS just KILLED the Prussian nation today.  They're done.  VCO lost their balls and moved mostly to Russia, which means that much fewer people for you to kill.  And I don't blame them.

TECHNICALLY we moved to Russia to gain the ability to hit more targets.  Chief among them being the Dutch, which we were incapable of forming a response to due to other pirate clans lacking the initiative/ability/crafting/whatever.  Despite other pirate clans assuring us that WO was their primary enemy....they seemed to lack the will to even join PBs against them.  True story.  

Anyway your point is valid, but the server community as a whole cannot and should not be responsible for policing themselves.  Pay your scheckles for a Forger DLC and you should be given the opportunity to transfer wherever you so desire.  Built in mechanics should be in place to help mold the population regardless to provide a working game.  One such solution was the Forced Alliances that @admin was proposing.  And to his credit, it would have worked.  On the surface it seemed less than ideal, but given the current in game populations and unwillingness to fight.....I'd say it would have been a far better system than what we currently have.  Unfortunately the NA community at large has a long history of disliking ideas what would benefit them long term.

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HoneyBaddger said:

 I personally think we should go to Green on Green and make so there are no factions. 

Its impossible in NA
It will be possible in Naval Action 2 as it will have no instance combat (wsiywyg)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, admin said:

You seem to be incapable of any discussion as i cannot even ask a question or put up theory in our community openly without you crying about refunds.

Delete

Edited by HoneyBaddger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin said:

Its impossible in NA
It will be possible in Naval Action 2 as it will have no instance combat (wsiywyg)

What....NA 2 confirmed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, admin said:

Its impossible in NA
It will be possible in Naval Action 2 as it will have no instance combat (wsiywyg)

Is clan alliances possible in NA?

Even if the allied clan can only help inside port battles (no OW) the improvement over current situation will be huge.

 

We already have the friend list, cant be extended that feature to include clans from other nations?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, admin said:
35 minutes ago, RubyRose said:

would just inspire those that have alts in other nations to monopolize the woods.

they wont as resources are port ownership based. but if alts control a port then yes. 

So, solo-players and clans not on the friendlylist will basically be even worse of than they are at the moment?

And if it's not alts that will monopolize, then i'm sure some enterprising players will see a way to controle the market? (maybe the ability to stockpile (huge amounts) should be removed then?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...