Game-Labs Forum

Fake news!

LegoLarry

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

How about you tell the name of the vanished player here and at qhat time it happened so admin can knvestigate?

They did, it was me, but not me, as i didn't do it...lol

Just FYI. I had the same happen to me twice. Once by russian player on Agamemnon near El Rancho, second time - by some frenchie around Terre-de-bas. In case of russian - I was already taging him, full speed, full sails both of us, and 2 seconds before the battle started, he dissapeared into thin air (I mean - he suddently stopped with sails up, like if he had joined a battle). Countdown timer reached 0 and nothing happened. soon after, his ship dissapeared. Frenchie, as I recall, dissapeared the same way soon beofre I entered his join circle.  I though they have joined some OW kill mission, but the fact of them having a mission in exactly that spot where I was about to tag them, was quite suspicious. Anyway - there was no proof so I decided not to report it. But it seems that I'm not the only one experiencing this kind of behavior, so perhaps there is some exploit that allows players to dissapear into thin air?

48 minutes ago, DaRho said:

Just FYI. I had the same happen to me twice. Once by russian player on Agamemnon near El Rancho, second time - by some frenchie around Terre-de-bas. In case of russian - I was already taging him, full speed, full sails both of us, and 2 seconds before the battle started, he dissapeared into thin air (I mean - he suddently stopped with sails up, like if he had joined a battle). Countdown timer reached 0 and nothing happened. soon after, his ship dissapeared. Frenchie, as I recall, dissapeared the same way soon beofre I entered his join circle.  I though they have joined some OW kill mission, but the fact of them having a mission in exactly that spot where I was about to tag them, was quite suspicious. Anyway - there was no proof so I decided not to report it. But it seems that I'm not the only one experiencing this kind of behavior, so perhaps there is some exploit that allows players to dissapear into thin air?

I think he joined a mission....That's what they do when that happens...you don't see the mission but he can and when he joins, he just blinks out on you

27 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I think he joined a mission....That's what they do when that happens...you don't see the mission but he can and when he joins, he just blinks out on you

That is true, but that is also a very convenient excuse, in case this kind of exploit actually exists.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

this is one of the possible explanations but maybe you can do something else to disappear!

31 minutes ago, Captain2Strong said:

this is one of the possible explanations but maybe you can do something else to disappear!

Though some have reported this issue in locations where there should be no missions available to them. 

So I did somehow one time inadvertently manage to be at fulls sails while my wait timer was going. I have no idea how to replicate it and I stupidly didn't file an f11 report because I was new to the game at the time. I feel like I've seen others do this and there is a way to replicate, just not sure how

If people want to buy that, whatever.  I won't be baited into it. I stand by my name and reputation.  When i say if I did a thing or not it is the truth, if any does not believe me, I'm not worried. I will just keep being the man my parents raised, in real life as well as this game.

13 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

No, but you probably load up multiple instances of internet speed test when you're getting chased by faster ships.

I can corroborate Atreides' experience of chasing you around the OW.  Your ship warps around a great deal - but only when you are the one being chased.  When you do the chasing, it's remarkable how stable your connection and sailing are.

I have "WARP" Drive now...this is getting better and better! lol

• Like 1

097748129AE442C71DE3BEB567240DD81219FF00.

PUPPY KILLER SUPER WASA

And i want it known by all that there were -o- signs of any exploits, his ship stopped with sails up motionless and was tagged in the normal way.  He played with integrity today, and just logged off because the adults were going to catch him.  o7 ED, makes me proud you did the right thing, but I would have fought and tried to get my ship to blow up or sink.

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

This is the ship i will chase you from now on.

The display  is on display at KPR harbour.  Ceremonies just concluded, Presenting His Majesty's Ship of the Line HMS Muad'Dib.

Edited by Atreides

And once again since the devs do not want to believe that ships can vanish decided to change the topic to Fake News.

I guess that tells the community what to expect. So to the A-Holes who use this exploit, please continue, it's not like you will ever get punished for it anyway.

Can rate this right up there with the duplication bug (that was denied for a while as well) and all the other nice little "Features" available in the game.

52 minutes ago, Raekur said:

And once again since the devs do not want to believe that ships can vanish decided to change the topic to Fake News.

I guess that tells the community what to expect. So to the A-Holes who use this exploit, please continue, it's not like you will ever get punished for it anyway.

Can rate this right up there with the duplication bug (that was denied for a while as well) and all the other nice little "Features" available in the game.

The topic was always fake news :), that wasn't Admin (this time :D )

ah. ok. I know the one thread I created to report the issue, some twat changed the topic line to Fake News without even so much as discussing it or bothering to get off their ass and investigate. My guess is that since it is not something that is being used against their butt boys, then it will not be looked into in any way. The posts in my thread is evidence of that.