Game-Labs Forum

Fake news!

LegoLarry

His ship at full sail in front of me, well within 30 seconds of tagging range.  Suddenly his ship dissapears, but the attack tag comes active, I hit it but ssail past the tag circle. double back, but it is too late.  20 minutes later a repeat of this.  Currently sitting on the spot where his ship at full sail going fast dissapeared.  His clanmate reported he is not online.  I was never going to report this crap on the forum. Because the devs demand video and forensic data and I can't be bothered to debug their game.  And dont tell me a pirate can take a 3rd rate mission 32K out of Pedro Cay

/edit  I have just been told LegoLarry reported the same exploit recently and was dismissed wholesale.  o7 larry

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Atreides said:

His ship at full sail in front of me, well within 30 seconds of tagging range.  Suddenly his ship dissapears, but the attack tag comes active, I hit it but ssail past the tag circle. double back, but it is too late.  20 minutes later a repeat of this.  Currently sitting on the spot where his ship at full sail going fast dissapeared.  His clanmate reported he is not online.  I was never going to report this crap on the forum. Because the devs demand video and forensic data and I can't be bothered to debug their game.

/edit  I have just been told LegoLarry reported the same exploit recently and was dismissed wholesale.  o7 larry

Yes basically Admin when i reported in tribuneral called out fake news.

I saw chat in global and thread title was not aimed at you, rather the whole denial complex happening :) .

Perhaps is people jumping nation with legacy missions, no idea but has been happening quite often lately.

Edited by LegoLarry
  • Like 3

Hmmmm… maybe if the ship is required to stay in open world for 2 whole minutes regardless of internet connection this would change... maybe a type of lag could be introduced that forces the ship to stay in open world for 2 minutes if connection is lost...

Interesting story... I feel this requires investigation, may be a loop hole that got overlooked in the initial chaos of development and game designing...

The theory of pulling the connection was proven to not be the method being used as the person's ship remained in game after their client dropped. 

Ateides, did you state that he vanished in front of you and then later appeared or did you just run across him a time later?

If it is the later then the only thing I can think of is that there is some mechanic allowing them to tow to port and then they log out and sail back later.

A tow to port would explain the sudden vanish that is not present with a disconnect.

He vanished in front of me twice, after the first time I waited with 2 other ships and he reappeared off our port side running.  We gave chase again.   I was catching him, the second time I was within 30 seconds of tag, because I had the wind.  His ship was full sail, running like mad, then *poof*,  10 seconds later the attack button lit up, I clicked and the countdown started, but could not stop before I exited the attack circle and "Out of Range" came up.  I was unable to retag before the retag counter ended.  And then I sat on the spot for over 2 hours waiting for him.  This night ED ROSE is not coming up on combat news over and over and over.  But i just went back to KPR and will go hunting.  Time will tell but i am standing by to take his ship.

Nope, no tow to port available, he was in deep water going full speed.

Edited by Atreides

Well the devs stand firm that there is no safe exit possible, and yet these occurrences still continue to happen. The reason I thought it might be a tow to port is that a network disconnect should still trigger a 2 min loss of control of the ship. If there is some way to trigger a tow to port but maintain control then it might explain how this is being done. But that is just grasping at possibilities as most other theories have been ruled out and the players are left to figure it out until a video evidence of what is transpiring is provided.

25 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Well the devs stand firm that there is no safe exit possible, and yet these occurrences still continue to happen. The reason I thought it might be a tow to port is that a network disconnect should still trigger a 2 min loss of control of the ship. If there is some way to trigger a tow to port but maintain control then it might explain how this is being done. But that is just grasping at possibilities as most other theories have been ruled out and the players are left to figure it out until a video evidence of what is transpiring is provided.

Thing is though tow to port no longer exists in game afaik, so not sure how would be possible.

Anyway we are just players, is up to devs really to figure how etc.

1 hour ago, LegoLarry said:

Thing is though tow to port no longer exists in game afaik, so not sure how would be possible.

Anyway we are just players, is up to devs really to figure how etc.

The thing is, they have washed their hands on the situation and taken the stance that all the various reports of this happening are fake and they refuse to investigate the issue. So we are as players left with the reality that some players have discovered an exploit and are willing to use it freely to grief players and avoid any means of preventing it. Best we can do is continue to send in reports again and again and attempt to get a video of it. I will see if I can get some near max speed interceptors positioned around the area so that I can join in the chase after this bottom feeding little twerp. I already have video software enabled to capture it as evidence.

7 hours ago, Atreides said:

His ship at full sail in front of me, well within 30 seconds of tagging range.  Suddenly his ship dissapears, but the attack tag comes active, I hit it but ssail past the tag circle. double back, but it is too late.  20 minutes later a repeat of this.  Currently sitting on the spot where his ship at full sail going fast dissapeared.  His clanmate reported he is not online.  I was never going to report this crap on the forum. Because the devs demand video and forensic data and I can't be bothered to debug their game.  And dont tell me a pirate can take a 3rd rate mission 32K out of Pedro Cay

6 hours ago, Atreides said:

He vanished in front of me twice, after the first time I waited with 2 other ships and he reappeared off our port side running.  We gave chase again.   I was catching him, the second time I was within 30 seconds of tag, because I had the wind.  His ship was full sail, running like mad, then *poof*,  10 seconds later the attack button lit up, I clicked and the countdown started, but could not stop before I exited the attack circle and "Out of Range" came up.  I was unable to retag before the retag counter ended.  And then I sat on the spot for over 2 hours waiting for him.  This night ED ROSE is not coming up on combat news over and over and over.  But i just went back to KPR and will go hunting.  Time will tell but i am standing by to take his ship.

Nope, no tow to port available, he was in deep water going full speed.

Sorry, its not true, your ships are just too slow to catch me, so i vanish in the distance...

7 hours ago, Atreides said:

Invisibility DLC...haven't you heard?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LegoLarry said:

image.thumb.png.631a090b43f0a56db5579b4e8e0169ec.png

Fake news continues over the carribean.

NB- Not a knock at Atriedes who is a fine fellow! ,  more a pointer to the denial complex that seems to be in place.

And you have become mine.....Project that is....I always respected you and let you go many times along with your clan mates (and ALTS), did you tell your nation that? i guess not!! 

Well I guess I was the fool to think we were mates, so long old pal!! We will meet on the seas, im sure...

Wait option means your ship STOPS for 2 minutes in open world.  The two times referenced here you were close enough your ship was bobbing in the water, something that happens in the visual matrix of this servers software within at about 2K range.  The second time when your ship went poof I was able to hit attack button in SECONDS.

You are a better person than this, I am very confused and worried why you take such pleasure in smashing low level players that just hurts a nation.  I was never going to report this, and simply deal with the behaviour myself, but it is out of my hands now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

There you have it. 

He admits to using the exploit that was described.  

Apparently you ‘quit’ but hit cancel at just the right moment: this way you set sail while logging off.   

Hence the disappearing act while being chased routine. 

No, i said i used the WAIT option instead of the quit right away....so you get a timer, when the timer was on 2 secs i saw two ships, but i didn't have time to cancel it, so i logged back on to see if i had been dragged into battle, its just the normal in game log off i used, please read what i said again...how have i admitted anything? 

Rolls Eyes!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atreides said:

Wait option means your ship STOPS for 2 minutes in open world.  The two times referenced here you were close enough your ship was bobbing in the water, something that happens in the visual matrix of this servers software within at about 2K range.  The second time when your ship went poof I was able to hit attack button in SECONDS.

You are a better person than this, I am very confused and worried why you take such pleasure in smashing low level players that just hurts a nation.  I was never going to report this, and simply deal with the behaviour myself, but it is out of my hands now.

Your dreaming....sorry to disappoint you, but maybe im just better than you...