Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrustyJohnson

Crafting Used to Be Good When Blueprints Only Came From Drops

When I first got this game back in 2016, I seem to remember crafting blueprints only came from drops. I feel like this was better. The really good upgrade recipes should be rare, like the encyclopedia books...but once you know how to make them, you can make them yourself. I feel like this was a much better system, I absolutely hate having to grind AI to get upgrades and mission chests suck.

• Like 1

I miss the old system where you could level up crafting with other stuff, not just ships....

Least they could do is detach the labour hour wallet from crafting level...

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 2

you mean this? i would also prefer that a blueprint might drop considering what ship you're crafting

1000?cb=20160306080627

please god no.

all this is is yet another pointless grind. pointless because those who want it will eventually have all the blueprints again anyway and all you will have accomplished is the same situation as we have now but with hours and hours of lost time spent clicking buttons to build ships just to break em up again to get to the blueprints you want.

how anybody caa think that's a fun feature is beyond me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Knobby said:

please god no.

all this is is yet another pointless grind. pointless because those who want it will eventually have all the blueprints again anyway and all you will have accomplished is the same situation as we have now but with hours and hours of lost time spent clicking buttons to build ships just to break em up again to get to the blueprints you want.

how anybody caa think that's a fun feature is beyond me.

do you think its more fun having everything handed to you for no reason?

It is not handed to you for no reasons, but for having gathered all the mats (including a shit ton of dubs) and having crafted many ships. 

Edited by Serk

This is the problem of a game without an end point.  Those who have spent countless hours playing it and got all the "stuff" that the game has to offer understandably want more, so they propose new (or in some cases, old) crafting systems with greater complexity and yet more stuff for them to get.  Others who may be newer, have less time to spend in the game or simply don't want to to spent their game time in this way, see it as yet more hurdles to overcome and more boring grinding to be done.  Both sides have a valid point of view.

If you look at other games, there are basically only two solutions.  Either you have a specific end point, at which point people stop playing the game.  Works well for single-player games, not so well for MMOs.  Otherwise, you just have to saturate the game in stuff so much so that nobody could possibly get all of it and players stop trying and just select the items most relevant to themselves.  Players were a completionist mentality hate that, and games with a small dev team such as this one will find it impossible to provide enough stuff anyway.  So unfortunately, neither of those solutions are ideal here.  I'm not sure there's any other, unfortunately.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:19 AM, Karvala said:

This is the problem of a game without an end point.  Those who have spent countless hours playing it and got all the "stuff" that the game has to offer understandably want more, so they propose new (or in some cases, old) crafting systems with greater complexity and yet more stuff for them to get.  Others who may be newer, have less time to spend in the game or simply don't want to to spent their game time in this way, see it as yet more hurdles to overcome and more boring grinding to be done.  Both sides have a valid point of view.

If you look at other games, there are basically only two solutions.  Either you have a specific end point, at which point people stop playing the game.  Works well for single-player games, not so well for MMOs.  Otherwise, you just have to saturate the game in stuff so much so that nobody could possibly get all of it and players stop trying and just select the items most relevant to themselves.  Players were a completionist mentality hate that, and games with a small dev team such as this one will find it impossible to provide enough stuff anyway.  So unfortunately, neither of those solutions are ideal here.  I'm not sure there's any other, unfortunately.

when you can achieve everything in a mmo during 1 week of playing there is a problem