Game-Labs Forum
Roumata d'Elthor

crafting guide for new players ! some questions

Hello, 

i'm new to Naval Action, and i have some question about crafting. There is a tutorial for sailing and combat, but not for crafting.

Is there a general well known and up to date guide for starting crafting somewhere on the web ?

I understood that we have to build structures, however is there a better place to choose where to start those structure, or it doesn't matter which harbor you choose for your structure ? I doubt it is, but i prefer to ask. If not,  do you have some advices to give us how to choose those harbor and/or what to take care about when we decide to start our buildings ? 

Could you give us a path to follow for the start ? how to start crafting ? 

Thanks to your answers :) by the way, i started on the PVE server, just to get the first knowledge and to understand the gameplay of the game, but i planned to go to the pvp server as soon as i feel ready with the basics.

Edited by Roumata d'Elthor

Depends what you would like to craft.  There are lots of possibilities.  I made a quick Word Doc ... let me know if it helps.

s31g4Ex.jpg 

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

sincerly man it is awesome and exactly what i was looking for. Thanks a lot for the time you took.

May i ask more questions to go further ? 

• You wrote : 

Select the type of building you desire, different ports will allow different buildings

As different ports allow different buildings, it seems to me that choosing where to set is important, mainly to get the buildings you want and need in a small zone in order to save time of travel between your different outpost. As i understood that the buildings are not all available in a same port, i imagine that i will need different settlements. But to choose where you will set, you need two things (at least i think you need) :

-How to know which building can be build in a port ? This question may be strange, but in order to plan your settlement i don't imagine i will choose my first port randomly. However i didn't find something in game that show me what kind of building are available for a specific port.

-What type building do i need first ? i imagine that there is a kind of "must have" buildings first to start in a good condition.

Those two questions are to help me to plan how and where i will set my crafting zone.

• Moreover i would say that it could be interesting to be not too far from a players' hub, i mean a port in which players are selling their goods. It is true or not ?
  • Once more, i just imagine that some ressources needed for the highest craft are not producible but can be only buy to players. Is it true or not ? and this is the reason why i would say that it is better to set not too far from a player hub.

thanks for your answers and your help.

• Like 1

As you advised me, i went on the Felix's map and i found somethings that could help me.

When you zoom in on the map, you got some details about each port.

There are three headings "Produces" "Drops" and "Consumes".

I'm not sure about what these headlines refer to.

My guesses :

"produces" is it a list of ressources that could refer to the buildings that you can set in this specific harbor ? 

"drops"  is the list of goods sold in the harbor. However i went at one of them and all the goods were not there. So i guess that a player already bought some, which means that the port produces only a specific amount of those goods per a certain time. Which time ? at which period does the harbor reset and refill the goods it is producing ? and in which amount ? this amount is the same for all goods or different ? 

"Consumes" is this a list of all the goods that i could sell in this specific harbor ? 

In the description of the port, there are some other details like taxe income, net income, trader company level and labour hour discount level, what does this refer to ? 

Finally, on the circle we can see when zooming at a port, there are three small circle inside, listed as A, B, C, what do they refer to ? 

There are two smaller circle listed as "1" and "2", what do they refer to ? 

:) i know that it is a lot of questions but whatever will be your answer thanks for your time and patience, but i m sure your answer will be usefull to many new players.

Edited by Roumata d'Elthor

-How to know which building can be build in a port ? This question may be strange, but in order to plan your settlement i don't imagine i will choose my first port randomly. However i didn't find something in game that show me what kind of building are available for a specific port.

Filter Felix's map - using "Show port relations"  I added content to the Word Doc

-What type building do i need first ? i imagine that there is a kind of "must have" buildings first to start in a good condition.

It depends what you want to craft.  For Repairs - you will need Fir, Oak, Hemp, Coal, Iron and Sugar.  That might be a good start.  Or keep it simple - set up a Sugar Plantation and a Workshop.  You will soon be able to craft Rum with Sugar alone, and no extra Reals.  Sugar cost 9 Reals to grow and collect.  You can sell rum for hundreds of Reals.   Rum is light 0.1 tons per unit so you can carry lots in a small ship.  Rum running can be lucrative. 

Those two questions are to help me to plan how and where i will set my crafting zone.

• Moreover i would say that it could be interesting to be not too far from a players' hub, i mean a port in which players are selling their goods. It is true or not ?

There is nowhere that is very far in Naval Action - the Open World speed is amazingly fast, like high powered speed boats rocketing across the waves.  Most production to market trips are less than an hour travel.

• Once more, i just imagine that some ressources needed for the highest craft are not producible but can be only buy to players. Is it true or not ? and this is the reason why i would say that it is better to set not too far from a player hub.

All resources are not accessible to all players, but that creates scarcity and enables trade.  Without scarcity there would be no economy. Each player could be self sufficient.  I don't worry to much about where the market will be, single transactions can be very profitable if made player to player.  Often players will come to the buyer to make a purchase.

"produces" is it a list of ressources that could refer to the buildings that you can set in this specific harbor ? 

I think that this is correct.

"drops"  is the list of goods sold in the harbor. However i went at one of them and all the goods were not there. So i guess that a player already bought some, which means that the port produces only a specific amount of those goods per a certain time. Which time ? at which period does the harbor reset and refill the goods it is producing ? and in which amount ? this amount is the same for all goods or different ? 

Drops seems to mean that the item can be purchased in the shop.  Or it is available by a Buy contract.

"Consumes" is this a list of all the goods that i could sell in this specific harbor ? 

Consumes seems to mean that the Good can be sold for a profit after it is purchased in a port where it is "Dropped".

In the description of the port, there are some other details like taxe income, net income, trader company level and labour hour discount level, what does this refer to ? 

Taxes are set by the clan owning the port, the income is the amount claimed yesterday.  The trader company level, and LH discount,  is bonus realized by the crafter in port - higher is better.

Finally, on the circle we can see when zooming at a port, there are three small circle inside, listed as A, B, C, what do they refer to ? 

There are two smaller circle listed as "1" and "2", what do they refer to ? 

These are indicators for port battles, fort locations, capture zones, best explained by our combat officers rather than a trader like myself.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Roumata d'Elthor said:

thanks a lot for all this answers, it will help me to get a good start. sincerly thank you.

No problem.

Spend some time looking over the different screens in game and at Felix's map.  An hour (or two) can go by quickly while you learn.

• Like 1

i spend some time looking at the screens of your google doc, and i saw that you had one screen on which you got a lots of buildings in the same port, La Tortue. This port is a free town one no ? so on pvp server, isnt it a safe zone to build a settlement as it can't be attacked or am i wrong ? 

I'm trying to get a sugar plantation to make rum atm, but still need a workshop and it cost a lot of doublons, so i need to get them first :) at start, it is not that easy :) but i will grow up :)

Free Towns can not be attacked in a Port Battle and captured, but ...  they attract hunters, and can be dangerous places.  They are rich with activity but unsafe.

The images in the Word doc are created as examples and are not representative of my assets.

9 hours ago, Roumata d'Elthor said:

thanks a lot for all this answers, it will help me to get a good start. sincerly thank you.

Welcome aboard.

I only joined a week today. Or at least started playing a week today.

There is a lot to take in. But it’s worth it.

I have been lucky to find a clan. The help receiving is amazing.

Cheers 🍻