Game-Labs Forum

Loss of Control of Sails

BigWilk

Today I wasa unable to move my sails in battle and lost a ship as a result, in a battle I should have won. This has also happend to a clan mate of mine, in both case we where in game could control all aspects of the ship apart from the sails. Is this a known bug?

I noticed this topic:

but it was not this as there was no lag on my side anyway as my ping was good and the enemy player carried on fireing at me and I could fire back. I just could not move my sails at all.

I logged out the game and back in again and this fixed the problem, but it was too late by that point, due to this bug I lost my ship as I was takeing on a big ship in a small ship.

I put an F10 report in but I don't think they ever get looked at.

Edited by BigWilk

Actually Ink, it occurred to myself and several clan mates just yesterday while in the patrol zone. No less than 6 of us loss complete control of our ships, I personally got to watch my ship literally slowly spin in a circle while still moving the same direction. This is an issue with the server and not the players this time. During the entire time I was able to discuss the situation with the other members of my clan on teamspeak. The situation developed first as my cannons would not fire, shortly after I was unable to change course. After decades in the tech field I know the first response to an issue is to believe that your network is stable and that the client is the issue. This is not the case.

29 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Actually Ink, it occurred to myself and several clan mates just yesterday while in the patrol zone. No less than 6 of us loss complete control of our ships, I personally got to watch my ship literally slowly spin in a circle while still moving the same direction. This is an issue with the server and not the players this time. During the entire time I was able to discuss the situation with the other members of my clan on teamspeak. The situation developed first as my cannons would not fire, shortly after I was unable to change course. After decades in the tech field I know the first response to an issue is to believe that your network is stable and that the client is the issue. This is not the case.

The reports were  investigated earlier today, but no issues was spotted on server side, connection was stable.