Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrustyJohnson

National Products Used in Crafting Unbalanced

The fact that some national products used in crafting drop at unconquerable ports is unfair, unbalanced, and obviously favors certain nations over others. Sure, upgrades are fairly easy to come across, but the best ones are still highly valuable Let's look at this:

- Barbary Coast Canvas (used in Pirate Rig Refit) drops in unconquerable Pirate capital of Mortimer Town (and Puerto de Espana and Nassau for whatever reason).

- Swedish Carpenters (Northern Carpenters) drops in unconquerable Swedish city of Gustavia (and nearby San Juan; again for seemingly no reason)

- Royal Naval College Graduates (British Gunners) drop in unconquerable British capital of Kingston/Port Royal (and in Bridgetown)

- Spanish Square Sails (Spanish Rig Refit) drops in unconquerable Spanish capital of La Habana

- Diplome d' Artillerie (French Gunners) drops only in unconquerable French capital of Fort Royale

- Grietje van Dik (Bovenwinds Refit) drops in Dutch unconquerable port.

This means that every nation with unconquerable ports has access to valuable modding resources with no fear of losing them to RvR except the US.

I'm not sure what happened to American Cotton being used to make Lightweight Blocks and Tackle; but that no longer exists. (Maybe an oversight with the introduction of Cotton as a port investment option?) The US really doesn't need any additional handicaps in this game. I couldn't find anything in patch notes or forum as to why the US is the only nation with unconquerable ports that don't drop upgrade crafting resources. If I could get a response; even if it's just a rationale as to why this is the case, that would be awesome  @admin

Solution: Allow all nations to invest in ports to provide access to these resources, just like rare woods and some upgrade-crafting resources (cotton).

• Like 2

The nations can't use them anyway because they get outbidden by alts

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, rediii said:

Die Nationen können sie sowieso nicht benutzen, weil sie von Alts überboten werden

Remains only sarcasm in NA?

• Like 1

Did the devs add mouse-over info on these materials that states what they are used for? I would suspect a new captain would get some of these things in a drop or loot and have no idea what they are used for and sadly sell them to admiralty at 40 reals, or whatever they pay.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:14 AM, van der Clam said:

Did the devs add mouse-over info on these materials that states what they are used for? I would suspect a new captain would get some of these things in a drop or loot and have no idea what they are used for and sadly sell them to admiralty at 40 reals, or whatever they pay.

Ya, no. It's a big secret.