Game-Labs Forum
DreadPirateBob

Name at least one thing you love about your nation, and at least one thing you dislike

Britain.

Love: sailing down the coast of Belize and Nicaragua.  Love having an uncapturable port (KPR) in the thick of the action.

Hate: how far KPR is from everywhere that has decent crafting, and how the nation does such a bad job of defending both KPR and Trux.

France.

Love: Lots of new players to help and fun with frog related jokes.

Hate: Getting accused of high treason by melodramatic nation leaders every 30 seconds.

Edited by StaleMemes
  • Like 1

Russia

Love: a very RvR active Nation with PB and Screening

Hate: too many Russian Players in the PZ is killing the fun

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Meraun said:

Russia

Love: a very RvR active Nation with PB and Screening

Hate: too many Russian Players in the PZ is killing the fun

Make the PZ nationless! Call it ' The killing fields' or something dramatik.

• Like 1

Prussia:
Like: The black eagle on a white background, its values and its history.
Dont like: All these Prussians who left the nation at the first headwind. These were not real Prussians.

Edited by Georg Fromm
  • Like 2

Britain:

Like: Central location with ease of access to all areas across the map (except maybe the east US coast). Also not having to travel anywhere for PvP isn't the worst thing in the world.

Dislike: Inattentive players who sail obliviously with 3x trader brigs and then whine in chat about not being defended by "the big clans" when they inevitably get attacked by an enemy player 2 minutes after leaving port, despite nation chat and combat news being full of warning signs.

• Like 2

Russia:

Good: Fighting spirit, no matter if you are a small nation like pre wipe or big nation like now

Bad: everyone calls you zerg

• Like 2

Pirates:

Good: Everyone hates you. No one expects your to be decent person, so they get surprised when they find out that you are. Central location - easy to reach any nation and everyone is at pirates waters hunting pirates. We can do whatever we like and that is expected. When pirates start being good at RvR, while partying at Mort we can hear nationals crying. Hard-to-play "nation" filters the carebears and snowflakes out of the pirates. There is a hope for Green n Green. And above all - BLACK FLAG!

Bad: There is nothing bad about it

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

GB

Good: so many new players who want to learn, so many enemies ready to join forces as soon as they see an English flag, so many old fellow adventures.

Bad: so many new players who do not want to learn and who are convinced they know everything, so many old players who are only able to complain in chat and ask for help

• Like 2

Pirates

Love: Fun to roll a Pirate, use small cheap ships bought in the shipyard or those you cap.  Can hunt the three most populated nations Russia, Dutch, GB. Not having to care about Port building, shipbuilding, painting the map, being organised and the grind that brings because you're role playing a solo pirate..  Just raid without mercy and have fun.

Hate: Nothing, though wish for real Pirate mechanics instead of Nation Black.

• Like 2

Great Britain

it sux but it's still better than most of the nations (only russia and DK are better)

oh it's also annoying because there are some new nabs and they prefer to cry and bitch about any minor thing instead of taking good advices!

Edited by Captain2Strong

Great Britain

What do I love? 

As much of an oxymoron as it sounds for a player like me, is the ability to find player-vs-player combat just outside Kingston / Port Royal. I despise the gankers for targeting relatively new players and those trying to actively work on improving, which is why I made the ''West Indies Coastal Squadron'' - We have had a fair amount of success at keeping Kingston safe. However, it never is enough.

What do I hate

Great Britain constantly receives an influx of new players without any developed teamwork or communication. Most of the time when I try to communicate with new players or recurring members of the faction it gets me no where. Often when I join a battle with a friendly who has (unfortunately) been ganked they refuse to listen to advise and insist on getting themselves killed. Not to mention the fact many players have no interest in dealing with the gankers and would rather complain. 

The thought of them losing their ''pride'' is too much for many to handle, and I can never understand why. 

(Pride = Ship) 

Edited by George Burton
Clarification.
  • Like 2

US

Love:

Watching the nation grow slowly, gain experience, and learn to work as a team. Helping out new players, of which we have quite a few. Coordinating with international friends toward a common goal, and the struggle of playing the game in true hard mode.

Hate:

Disjointed, backbiting leadership among some of the clans, starting location (worst in the game), lack of a national crafting resource, no freeports or PvP zone nearby, no deepwater 55 point ports nearby

4 hours ago, George Burton said:

Great Britain

What do I love? 

As much of an oxymoron as it sounds for a player like me, is the ability to find player-vs-player combat just outside Kingston / Port Royal. I despise the gankers for targeting relatively new players and those trying to actively work on improving, which is why I made the ''West Indies Coastal Squadron'' - We have had a fair amount of success at keeping Kingston safe. However, it never is enough.

What do I hate

Great Britain constantly receives an influx of new players without any developed teamwork or communication. Most of the time when I try to communicate with new players or recurring members of the faction it gets me no where. Often when I join a battle with a friendly who has (unfortunately) been ganked they refuse to listen to advise and insist on getting themselves killed. Not to mention the fact many players have no interest in dealing with the gankers and would rather complain. 

The thought of them losing their ''pride'' is too much for many to handle, and I can never understand why. 

(Pride = Ship) 

We have a clan that is focused on pretty much the same thing, but for US East Coast. Im good friends with their leader and team up with them as often as I can. Maybe we could coordinate a Joint Training Exercise or something. PM if you're interested.

11 hours ago, CrustyJohnson said:

We have a clan that is focused on pretty much the same thing, but for US East Coast. Im good friends with their leader and team up with them as often as I can. Maybe we could coordinate a Joint Training Exercise or something. PM if you're interested.

Which one of you represents the clan? If you want PM me and I'll invite you to the discord, a joint-training session sounds fantastic. 

• Like 1

Poland:

Pro; low population, makes you able to attack more people.

Con; low population, makes it impossible to do rvr

France

Good: A feeling of really being part of history and colonization.

Bad: Over 3-1/2 years, constant nation hoppers jumping in and out, caring more for their egos than for this nation's part in the game.  Exacerbated by nation-hopping DLC and over-amplification of clan play.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dan Morgan said:

What, that they still can't win a war on their own?

Lmao, didn't 90 Russians come out to screen for the Pirates when Baracoa was in trouble? But ya honestly, no shame, we need help. I am happy that I see us improving every day and people not getting too discouraged. Reminds me of BRAVE Newbies clan from Eve. Plus, most underestimate me just based on the ensign on the stern of my ship, so that's kind of nice.

• Like 4

I am a corsair... I float from one nation to the next... so far... I have had the most fun in Poland, small but lethal Navy is commanded by some of the oldest owners of the game. Good group of guys... But I am finding that I don't care too much for RVR... I like raiding and despoiling the open world... if there ever was a rouge player... it would be me. I feel constrained by National legalities and find myself continually hunting the trade routes... never know where I may strike next... each day is different and new...  I will probably float from nation to nation... eventually serving under every flag. So far I have played as US, Spain, Prussia, Pirate and Poland... I have met many good guys and gals that play the game in various nations... but my game has always remained the same... I am a Corsair through and through... I play alone most of the time... and hunt the unwary. Its what I do.  I can say that I have sunk players from every faction in game... I shall continue to study the game and resources... see you on the ocean mates.  

Dislike? Nothing to dislike here... as I really have no said nation.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1