Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Seasonal Update Information - NSFW Leopards and NPC Port battles on the Peace Server

I get why you want more DLC but at this point I feel like it should only be for cosmetics. There's already way too much spam with redeemable ships as it is. Despite the huge variety of ships I keep fighting the same ones over and over again. What the game really needs right now is rebalancing. A bunch of ships need their stats tweaked and the BR limits for port battles need to go back to where they were previously.

• Like 2

Sounds ok, and happy to hear PvE server is getting some love even though i play on PvP.

Another DLC ship some will like, and after all is a choice to buy or not buy. 

Can you bring diana back into the game as non DLC perhaps, or is this also destined for the same fate?

• Like 2

I ma excited... especially for the possible NPC capture of ports... very interesting and engaging. Cant wait to see what happens with this.

And... the paints look awesome.

Also... is this a 3rd rate or 4th rate? All I know is it is obviously a type of ship of the line... oh... sorry I just realized it is a DLC ship! It is definitely a 4th rate then...

Edited by LIONOFWALES

4 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

If it continue like that it will be the PVE server that will kill the PVP server :D:D:D:D

Give the option for consensual duels/small battles in PVE and set aside 1/2 of the map for clan wars (in which only members of warring clans can tag/fight each other) and boom in a month the PVP server will be a dead husk while everyone (including me) is living the good life on the PVE server.

PVE server is about 1 or two  updates away from killing the PVP server at any time, I know we shouldn't speak for everyone but I think most people don't really like the anarchy style "warhammer 40K in ships" mechanics of the PVP server and would much prefer a server that offers a mix of activities and options without constant fear of gank fleets or getting destroyed by rvr zergs.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, admin said:
  • NPC will try to capture rich ports from large clans using unique raiding mechanics on both Peace and War servers. If NPC's manage to capture the ports the port will then have to be recaptured. We do not know the intentions of NPC raiders on the port assets (yet).

381c64.jpg

🤨

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, StaleMemes said:

Give the option for consensual duels/small battles in PVE and set aside 1/2 of the map for clan wars (in which only members of warring clans can tag/fight each other) and boom in a month the PVP server will be a dead husk while everyone (including me) is living the good life on the PVE server.

PVE server is about 1 or two  updates away from killing the PVP server at any time, I know we shouldn't speak for everyone but I think most people don't really like the anarchy style "warhammer 40K in ships" mechanics of the PVP server and would much prefer a server that offers a mix of activities and options without constant fear of gank fleets or getting destroyed by rvr zergs.

Talked about it with my clan mates.

If the peace server got port battles against other player clans - pvp server would be dead.

At this point - if you put ANY form of consensual type pvp on the peace server, pvp server would die.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, admin said:

NPC Port battles will come to Peace server.

• NPC will try to capture rich ports from large clans using unique raiding mechanics on both Peace and War servers. If NPC's manage to capture the ports the port will then have to be recaptured. We do not know the intentions of NPC raiders on the port assets (yet). 
  • Most importantly this means that ports could be recaptured from NPCs, which will open clan control, taxation and investments for the Peace server, and long overdue map fluidity. 

Raids

• Small groups will be able to raid rich ports for profit and glory. They could become a second or maybe first source of admiralty rewards and money for adventurers like you. They are oriented for all segments of players and will be accessible even to those who only have 1.5 hours in the evening. 

What will be the trigger that will make Neutral NPC attempt a retake of the port? Is this just random? Or will there be a player influence that can attempt to trigger it? Meaning, can enemy nations supply Neutral NPC with Combat Medals or Victory Marks to try to influence NPC on attacking a port? Or maybe are players required to "maintain" ports in some manner to prevent NPC attacks on a port?

Will Raids show up in Missions tab?

13 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

peace server got port battles against other player clans

@admin‌‌‌ statement...

11 hours ago, admin said:

Most importantly this means that ports could be recaptured from NPCs

This implies no pvp. 

2 months since release and the biggest update we've had was additional paints in a DLC that was promised back in march or april.   

Quotes like this come from people who severerusly underestimate the time and complexity of a skin in any game and have no idea. There were no promises on dates and if they were they were always with the disclaimer that dates might change. 

1 new paint can take from 3 to 10 man days (depending on complexity including qa and programming time). Game has 250 paints now all tested and working. Some were done in unity 4 and had to be remade from scratch and retested before patch. You can easily calculate man months on the paint project. 

ps. Apex legends - a 100 mln dollar game - have recently shipped 24 skins for 150 dollars as part of a major content update

• Like 10

12 hours ago, admin said:

NPC Port battles will come to Peace server.

• Most importantly this means that ports could be recaptured from NPCs, which will open clan control, taxation and investments for the Peace server, and long overdue map fluidity. 

@admin You mention three new features for the Peace server, but you mention War here too.  So will NPC port flips happen on War Server too? 

This would be interesting, but than again it's a PvE server with elements of PvP after all while the Peace is a PvE only server.   I mean bring it on if it makes for a  more exciting map if folks aren't fighting other wise.   Maybe if there was like an AI/Nation, but really can't see it working for War.  Though a deterioration on ports maybe, if no one uses it or pay?   I prefer some means for Clans to change ports in nation first before we have any AI/NPC attacking ports.  I mean what type of fleet will they have?  Will they just be ELITE BUFFED up fleets or something or just normal ships of that BR range?    

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Well, the game receives an update and that is a good thing to see.

Although personally I would love to see in the game the tweaks that the community has been asking for (less BR in ports, way more profitable trading...).

Uh we don't have the update yet,  let me remind you #SOON......

7 hours ago, StaleMemes said:

Another DLC lineship.

Not sure if I should laugh or cry honestly.

I honesdtly would prefer the LVG Refit be made a DLC or they give us a Refit of the Indiaman, hell just a DLC trade ship would be nice....While more 4th rates in game would be nice, but do wee really need two DLC 4th rates?   I would prefer it to be in game craftable and not a DLC or hiden behind random RNG loot drop of permit.

6 hours ago, Borch said:

Can you get rid of "Enemy Player" and allow visible names across nations as well please?

Socializing is main PvE content.

For Peace server never understood why they still had this, cause it's not like your going to fight each other or run away.  Most likely you might join the same side of a battle.

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin You mention three new features for the Peace server, but you mention War here too.  So will NPC port flips happen on War Server too? 

This would be interesting, but than again it's a PvE server with elements of PvP after all while the Peace is a PvE only server.   I mean bring it on if it makes for a  more exciting map if folks aren't fighting other wise.   Maybe if there was like an AI/Nation, but really can't see it working for War.  Though a deterioration on ports maybe, if no one uses it or pay?   I prefer some means for Clans to change ports in nation first before we have any AI/NPC attacking ports.  I mean what type of fleet will they have?  Will they just be ELITE BUFFED up fleets or something or just normal ships of that BR range?    

We can only provide information that we provided above, and Yes.. NPC aggression comes to War server too and it includes attacks on ports.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

381c64.jpg

🤨

We already have interesting battles. Even the most hating reviewers mention that art is amazing and combat is spectacular.  

In terms of features we have a plan just like in 2018 and we are confident it will be finished. NPC Aggression is part of that plan. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, admin said:

We can only provide information that we provided above, and Yes.. NPC aggression comes to War server too and it includes attacks on ports.

Just don't go elite buff NPC's for them.  While yes I know folks think AI are dumb and easy, but not every one is an Elite Super Vet player.   Yes we actually have players that struggle with normal AI and some of the Elites can be very powerful to all but the best of players.   Like many other games balance your game for the average players not the ELITE FEW.

I'm all game to try new things, specially since my next game went epic exclusive and pushed back a few months, that means my new game slate is clean for the rest of the year.......just wish work gave me more of a life to play more...lol

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, admin said:

Quotes like this come from people who severerusly underestimate the time and complexity of a skin in any game and have no idea. There were no promises on dates and if they were they were always with the disclaimer that dates might change. 

1 new paint can take from 3 to 10 man days (depending on complexity including qa and programming time). Game has 250 paints now all tested and working. Some were done in unity 4 and had to be remade from scratch and retested before patch. You can easily calculate man months on the paint project. 

ps. Apex legends - a 100 mln dollar game - have recently shipped 24 skins for 150 dollars as part of a major content update

6c5b02bb7aebff779107f9370cb747f4.png

Whether or not that was a "promise" could be open to interpretation.  I can appreciate the complexity and man hours that was involved in creating the paints/DLC, but it's not like these were made for free.  It was a paid DLC after all and it seems it was a pre-funded DLC.  

Apex Legends is F2P and makes it's money off cosmetics and various loot boxes.  Naval Action is not F2P.  I fail to see the correlation.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, admin said:

At least will provide some more RvR content, even if is against AI.

I await the moment the AI double flip a nation while PvP port battle is scheduled lol :D .

52 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

6c5b02bb7aebff779107f9370cb747f4.png

Whether or not that was a "promise" could be open to interpretation.  I can appreciate the complexity and man hours that was involved in creating the paints/DLC, but it's not like these were made for free.  It was a paid DLC after all and it seems it was a pre-funded DLC.  

Apex Legends is F2P and makes it's money off cosmetics and various loot boxes.  Naval Action is not F2P.  I fail to see the correlation.

There is no interpretation. 30 days could easily turn into 300 days - even for valve. You can check link in my signature and see how time warping works in gamedev.

In terms of DLC there is no difference between f2p and paid games. Paid games from Monster Hunter to WOW to EvE online, to TESO deliver new content, maps, classes in form of paid expansions.  This buys time and brings funds to make proper features and additions.

• Like 5

So the sequence is as follows:

1. Frontlines introduced to make RVR conquests more regulated, so main targets are now county capitals
  2. Ports are made important by Investments mechanics and most important ports suitable for developing (45 and 55 points) are county capitals (surprising)
  3. BR for such ports adjusted so it's enough to field 20+ 1st rates - quite expensive now and hard to replace in case of defeat, so attacking strong nation's important port (case of Russia) is next to impossible
  4. Importance of ports is determined by shipbuilding bonuses - ships without them are no match to ships with them
  5. Everyones fear to lose such developed shipbuilding center and so are doing everything to dodge the fight (timers etc.)
  6. Also the whole server is afraid of situation when nation loses its main shipbuilding center and people from it leaves the game/nation, so population decreases (case of Prussia)
  7. So when you attack the really important port, the whole server can help to defend it (case of Bridgetown) and possibilty of defeat is quite high
  8. As a result most Port Battles are either staged just for fun, or fought for not so important ports - no one want to risk
  9. As Port Battles are now the only way to do RVR, it slowly stagnates, frontlines stabilized, game slowly becoming boring and population slowly decreasing
  10. And then devs are going to introduce NPC attacks on important ports...

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Maybe we should enable international cooperative fleets for the PvE server PB events? So shortage of national players (say polish or russian players...) aren't a problem to deal with NPC and also the clan focus does not kill our dedicated single player enthusiasm.

As a player of Denmark-Norway with no clan affiliation I fully support this idea.

• Like 1