Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Seasonal Update Information - NSFW Leopards and NPC Port battles on the Peace Server

3 hours ago, admin said:

There is no interpretation. 30 days could easily turn into 300 days - even for valve. You can check link in my signature and see how time warping works in gamedev.

In terms of DLC there is no difference between f2p and paid games. Paid games from Monster Hunter to WOW to EvE online, to TESO deliver new content, maps, classes in form of paid expansions.  This buys time and brings funds to make proper features and additions.

Tip...new dlc :

" The colonies "(+10 ports and medium extended warehouses)  :))

( seen as a admiralty II expansion)

Edited by Thonys

NPC will try to capture rich ports from large clans using unique raiding mechanics on both Peace and War servers

question is what is a large clan ?

and what is a small clan ?

we have clans of 150 members but also 35? 

5 hours ago, admin said:

There is no interpretation. 30 days could easily turn into 300 days - even for valve. You can check link in my signature and see how time warping works in gamedev.

In terms of DLC there is no difference between f2p and paid games. Paid games from Monster Hunter to WOW to EvE online, to TESO deliver new content, maps, classes in form of paid expansions.  This buys time and brings funds to make proper features and additions.

The problem is the lack of feed back from the Dev team. I had no issue it took 4 months, but all ya'll had to do was drop a line, "The added paints is taking more time than plan, but your going to be getting 5 times more paints (or how many extra it ended up being)."   It was a great update to the DLC as before I told folks not to get it cause half of it was limited behind RNG permitted ships and the other half had so few choices, now I tell folks to get it or let me know cause I have it on several accounts and paint there ships up if needed.   This game is released now so remember that when things take longer than plan, just a simple update would be nice.  No one has been asking for exact dates and such, but updates would be nice.  Hint the whole #SOON...........as we never know what coming in the future means, could be next day or next year.

19 minutes ago, Thonys said:

NPC will try to capture rich ports from large clans using unique raiding mechanics on both Peace and War servers

question is what is a large clan ?

and what is a small clan ?

we have clans of 150 members but also 35? 

I assume it would be by number of ports owned and or how much those ports make.  This would mean clans that snagged up a bunch of useless ports and never do any fighting might have to deal with a bit of fighting after all or loose said ports.

5 minutes ago, Da Hool said:

They are unable to implement a working system to make players eager for doing RvR... thus they chose the easy way and let AI make the RvR ^^ What an evidence of incapacity. 

Actually many games use AI/NPC"s to force faction play and control.  To be honest I still think they should go to 5 factions.   This way they can add more nations if they want, but those nations will be part of one of the 5 main factions instead of having 11 factions.   They also need to look at some type of limit if one nation gets way to top heavy you can't do any +forge papers to that nation until it's numbers equal out in other nations/factions.  Other wise you have what we have with RUSSIA right now where folks keep jumping to it.

Imagine if they brought back the alliance system and Clans vote on the alliance of the faction they want to join not the nation....so you can have half of Russia in one faction and the other half in another?   All while at war with each other?   That would be something interesting.

• Like 2

😎 Da hat wohl jemand zuviel EvE Online verfolgt in den letzten Wochen 😎 

Aus meiner Sicht war das Spiel im ersten Jahr viel schöner.

Allianzen konnten sich nach dem Vote ändern, man konnte zusammen mehr RvR gestalten ( Spieleranzahl je Nation und Primetime) und vorallem es gab viel mehr Kampfzonen als das was derzeit gemacht wird. 

Ein eingefleischter Trader wird sich sicher keine Topaze mehr in Buena Vista kaufen und sie dann stundenlang (Bildschirmschoner mäßig) nach La Bahia segeln um dann kurz vorher abgefangen zu werden. 

Aus meiner Sicht ist das Spiel an der Clan-basierten Ausrichtung gescheitert. (bisher) 

Spieleranzahl sinkt, weil jeder seine Strukturen erstellt hat, seinen rank und Craftlevel fertig hat und sich nun ...ein wenig.......LAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGWWWWEEEEIIIIIILLLLLLTTT 

Meine Meinung 

• Like 1

@admin I'd love to know who has been asking for NPCs to attack ports. As far as I can tell, no one has asked for this yet you've been determined to introduce it. Do you believe this is going to fix the stagnated RvR component of the game? I can see this being a good thing for the PvE server but in no way will this improve things on the PvP server. If you want to encourage fluidity in RvR then give us back the lower BR limits for ports, at the moment only the biggest clans can engage in RvR and those clans do not want to fight each other. Before you changed the BRs to 20/25k, there was much more scope for a small to medium sized clan/nation to attack/defend a port. At the moment the only viable PB fleet is 25 1st rates, besides not everyone being able to churn out a regular supply of 1st rates, it's just plain boring. Give us back the variety and complexity of mixed fleets, they were FUN. 

If you will insist on these ridiculous PvE port battles then you REALLY do have to lower the BR limits otherwise every regional capital will have to have 25 1st rates in at all times ready for a random NPC attack. Meaning yet another WASTED outpost slot. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, admin said:

We can only provide information that we provided above, and Yes.. NPC aggression comes to War server too and it includes attacks on ports.

I hope thats a joke. War server is pvp server.  Most guys dont like pve 

Still making core changes as if the game is still in Beta and no one gives a shit because it's all about to be wiped anyway.   Oh dear.

Just what everyone has been asking for on the War Server, more forced PVE and this time to protect the ports your clan has spent 100's of hours building up.  

So glad I didn't waste a minute of my time on any of that. 

And there it is for the first time since release, sub 1,000

1027165493_Sub1000150819.png.d98f3e34afea281aa5fcd037d69c9565.png

Edited by Dan Morgan
  • Like 1

I really hope some new AI changes will be implemented for bots during PB's, or else it will be a waste as players will do just as right now in neutral PB's, that is: catch their agro and sail away from the circles while others cap the circles.

Any possible details on this @admin?

Way to fix the PvP and PvE server problem is simple make a single server for both and make a system close of the Potbs ports under attack have a red bubble (pvp area) besides this it is optional if you want to sail around with a pvp flag activated or non flagged meaning u cant be tagged (only if you are in a bubble that is caused by putting contention in a port) so pvpers will attack the most important ports for get the (easy kills) that would sort the trading too since ppl would sail around for craft without be afraid to get ganked 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, admin said:

We already have interesting battles. Even the most hating reviewers mention that art is amazing and combat is spectacular.  

In terms of features we have a plan just like in 2018 and we are confident it will be finished. NPC Aggression is part of that plan. 

The most interesting battles were when Port Battles were smaller, dynamic and weren't just people spamming 25v25 of the same ship.

Zergs rule the waves now, that's not interesting. Diplomacy was removed from War Server before I joined the game because people would buddy up and just join the strong side, the same is in effect now because of forged papers DLC. People moving creates the same effect as diplomacy being locked by nation.

Notice how since wipe RvR players have been increasingly been moving to certain nations, Russia and Dutch.

Only smaller BR port battles can create competitive RvR.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

I have to concur with those who say that some clan are allergic to RvR. They even change nation to avoid it.

So if any clan (non Dutch) is willing to fight during the US prime time please let [WO] know, we will be more than happy to attack you or have you attack us.

The Pirate conglomerate folded so quickly ;)

• Like 2

To The Agend47:

Du hast vollkommen recht. Spiel wird seit einem Jahr zugunsten einer aggressiven aber bestimmenden Minderheit Stück für Stück zerstört. Ich habe mehrfach im Post geschrieben woran es vor allem krankt.

1. Handelssystem funktioniert nicht mehr, die Handelsspannen sind zu schlecht, vor allem wegen der idiotischen 100 tons-Regel.

2. Zu viele alternative Charaktere (ausgeprägtes Spionagewesen)

3. Battle-Rating System bevorzugt nur den Angreifer

4. Und jetzt noch aggressive AI, die den letzten Handel mit Missionen zerstört und Spielerhäfen attackiert (Wahrscheinlich mit 10 bis 15 Oceans....)

Es wird wirklich daran gearbeitet, die Masse der "normalen" Spieler zu vergraulen....

14 hours ago, admin said:

We can only provide information that we provided above, and Yes.. NPC aggression comes to War server too and it includes attacks on ports.

Cool, maybe we will see a little less AFK close within the silhouette of land mass because of this.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

2 hours ago, Spikes said:

I hope it is well thought out in general rather than just rushed into the game, many questions can be asked:

I think we should assume that their may be a bug or two... but these guys sort bugs out really fast so... no worries here.

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The most interesting battles were when Port Battles were smaller, dynamic and weren't just people spamming 25v25 of the same ship.

Zergs rule the waves now, that's not interesting. Diplomacy was removed from War Server before I joined the game because people would buddy up and just join the strong side, the same is in effect now because of forged papers DLC. People moving creates the same effect as diplomacy being locked by nation.

Notice how since wipe RvR players have been increasingly been moving to certain nations, Russia and Dutch.

yeah... I know what you mean... but hey... in the struggle for power... perhaps one doesn't really care how everything looks.... only how their equipment performs?

If I would want more varience in ship designs in port battles... I would suggest allowing only a certain number of each rate type... say for instance... 4 1rst-2nd rates, 6 3rd rates, the rest 4th rate and below... this would at least insure more variance to the ratings of ships in a port battle... but would only be in PVP... in PVE the NPC should match the attacking or defending players.

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains!

5 hours ago, Lancelot Teggin said:

Way to fix the PvP and PvE server problem is simple make a single server for both and make a system close of the Potbs ports under attack have a red bubble (pvp area) besides this it is optional if you want to sail around with a pvp flag activated or non flagged meaning u cant be tagged (only if you are in a bubble that is caused by putting contention in a port) so pvpers will attack the most important ports for get the (easy kills) that would sort the trading too since ppl would sail around for craft without be afraid to get ganked 

Hmmm, I think this was brought forward a time ago... but the open world hunters needed to be able to attack players when ever they wanted to... this was required because the open world sandbox was void of risk.

I hope you can understand this...