Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Seasonal Update Information - NSFW Leopards and NPC Port battles on the Peace Server

Captains

On previous update

• Massive update with more than 240+ paints and skins was a success and Painter is now the best selling DLC overcoming Rattvisan.
  • Around 5-10 paints will move to refits and Navy editions in this forthcoming update. 
  • We plan to continue adding new paints but the process will be slow. It takes a lot of time to prepare a good paints as it not only requires taste and lots of experiments (paints should look ok in all weather and light conditions), but also lots hard technical work from texturing and paint/material creation to memory management (they all have to fit into texture memory limits) to LOD generation (simplified visuals for long distance images to save memory).
  • Please propose new paints in the relevant topics that we posted. 

Information on 3 main features of the update

We are working very hard on the new update and its launch date is getting closer and closer. There are no definitive dates yet. But we are very excited about the forthcoming features. They will truly tie the rvr together, and bring 3 important features to the Peace server.

NPC Port battles will come to Peace server.

• NPC will try to capture rich ports from large clans using unique raiding mechanics on both Peace and War servers. If NPC's manage to capture the ports the port will then have to be recaptured. We do not know the intentions of NPC raiders on the port assets (yet). 
  • Most importantly this means that ports could be recaptured from NPCs, which will open clan control, taxation and investments for the Peace server, and long overdue map fluidity. 

NSFW Leopard 

PcEwivC.jpg

NSFW HMS Leopard (1775-1790) will be a new imported DLC ship added in this seasonal content update.

wAQAdlI.jpg

Raids

• Small groups will be able to raid rich ports for profit and glory. They could become a second or maybe first source of admiralty rewards and money for adventurers like you. They are oriented for all segments of players and will be accessible even to those who only have 1.5 hours in the evening. 
  • Like 46

Nice to see new content coming to PvE Peace Server. But... it seems single players will not profit from it. Too much clan-orientated, I am afraid.

What would be a good idea is to give single players the possibility to organize a fleet big enough to face NPC port battles, let's say he pays for his AI fleet ship supporters, or we can set up a fleet from all of our dockyard ships without the usual restrictions (1 - 3 fleet ships only), so it's enough to engage NPC attacker or defender.

Want to use this opportunity to warn against a new attempt to force people into clans. This isn't popular here.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, admin said:
  • War servers. If NPC's manage to capture the ports the port will then have to be recaptured. We do not know the intentions of NPC raiders on the port assets (yet). 
  • Most importantly this means that ports could be recaptured from NPCs, which will open clan control, taxation and investments for the Peace server, and long overdue map fluidity. 

Omg is this a joke? 

The most requested feature comes to the WAR Server, thank you @admin. I still hope this to be a joke for War Server. 

• Like 3

"will be a new imported DLC ship"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 😂😂😂

It was so crystal clear that it will be another DLC. Game is so broken at some very points. So all we need is another DLC ^^

Edited by Guest

any BR updates to PBs on the war server?  I hate being that guy, but another ship that we have to pay for is cool and stuff....but we REALLY need to have a little more balance to RVR while we still have a pretty good mass of population interested.

just my 2 cents

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 11

Naval Action begins to resemble one tank game. She was beautiful when she was clean without pay-to-win. 
But I understand you also need to earn, just a pity that it spoils the game

Edited by Hači_CZ
  • Like 2

@admin thank you for finally thinking of the Peace server.  I don't care if you add red and blue fish to this server, it's finally just something and as you stated for at least the map, long overdue.

I have to agree with @Cetric de Cornusiac please make sure you do not alienate solo players on the Peace server, I'd wager many players on the Peace server are there because they don't want to join a clan and the Peace server is the only viable option.

• Like 3

I agree with DesMoines,

looks like, we need more money so let us install a new DLC-ships.

It would be nice to work on the present problems with the game mechanics: Trade sytem do not work (beside Trade missions), the problems with the Alts (i met a dutch Player who wants to sink me, we talk and he couldn´t say at the moment for what nation he is now fighting!!! He explain me he has 6 alts now) and the battle Rating system who only prefers the attacker….

Thank you

Ferdinand

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Relax about that beauty being a DLC ship. When devs handle it like the other DLC ships, Leopard will also be available for lots of combat medals in your Admiralty.

Sure...but w/o port bonuses...

New content for PvE server ?

You cant build a new house on a rotten foundation !

Fix whats broken on PvE first pls, before even thinking of adding more broken stuff (why large clans only ? how would they own a port ? what does port ownership by the 2 (!) large clans mean for the 90% of PvE players who play solo or in 2-5 player clans ?)

What needs fixing asap:

1) Number and distribution of AI. Too little, not mixed, in hotspots only, while eg patrol zones are deserted.

2) Roll back to the old "neutral" map. Stops that stupid coastal fire from a french fort when i attack a brit ai...

3) Fix crafting. Less rng. More immersion. Add port bonusses as part of shipyard upgradeing or make elite notes craft ingredients. Port ownership and being attacked by NPC is so contrary to the "Peace" server theme  that it drastically changes  the game and is thus a valid reason to ask for STEAM refund.

4) fix trading. Fedex missions have killed it, as they are completely riskfree fast doublons and reales.

5) fix the effort/reward imbalance. Sealclubbing 5th rates yields way better and more loot than a hardfought win over a 1st rate elite ???

after having done that and a few minor bugs and imbalances....than and only than should you think about new content (Preferably some that PvE really needs: an endgame (consensual pvp eg)

• Like 7