Game-Labs Forum

HMS Sovereign of the Seas 102-gun first-rate (with plans)

Sir Madoc

Introducing HMS Soveriegn of the Seas a 102-gun first-rate ship of the line.

• One of the most famous ships in British naval history.
  • Ordered in August 1634 on the personal initiative of King Charles I of England, who desired a giant Great Ship to be built and launched in 1637.
  • As the second three-decked first-rate (the first three-decker being Prince Royal of 1610), she was the predecessor of Nelson's Victory.
  • She had 118 gun ports and 102 guns was 230ft long and weighed 1,500 Tons.
  • She was the most extravagantly decorated warship in the Royal Navy, completely adorned from stern to bow with gilded carvings against a black background.

pid_1477-Old-World-Trading-Admirals-Line

miQdNpo.jpg

Willem-van-de-Velde-the-Younger-xx-The-E

Peter_Pett.jpg

Edited by Sir Madoc
  • Like 2

I know this enters in the realm of wild speculation and wishthinking. But I would love to eventually see a series of open world games in different regions in different times. Perhaps 16th,17th and 18th century ships. I would love to use an old Spanish Galleon or a late Carrack in a game though of course it would be totally outclassed by later ships. Of course let's get the 18th century fleshed out first.

Yep, I fear she's too old for the game

uhh no, I already said that a few times but whatevs - old ships could add another dimension to the progression; Like choosing between going into battle with a snow or a hugeass slow but more armed 1600's ship, kinda like medium and heavy tanks. When open world is in it could translate into old ships being (significantly?) cheaper than 1700-1800's ships with same amount of cannon.

• Like 2

uhh no, I already said that a few times but whatevs - old ships could add another dimension to the progression; Like choosing between going into battle with a snow or a hugeass slow but more armed 1600's ship, kinda like medium and heavy tanks. When open world is in it could translate into old ships being (significantly?) cheaper than 1700-1800's ships with same amount of cannon.

Well, thats exactly what i think.  

Yep, I fear she's too old for the game

I disagree. Although she may be from the early period I think she could hold her own against some of the newer ships from the 18th century and be a considerable threat to second / third-rate ships and under due to her immense size and power.

Or they could be rare and expensive ships that are more for show than using on a day to day basis but still functional if someone wants to. If HMS Soveriegn of the Seas makes it in the game (which i'd love to see) I don't think she should be cheap.

Thats probably the nicest stern I've seen yet. Maybe the developers can make an exception or at least make her a premium or special event ship.

Yeah this one could definitely be a candidate for a premium ship.

I don t like the whole prem ship concept .

Maybe you can get those older ships used at some special spots and you can purchase them just there once it is open world but the idea to make it cheap is probably the best judging by the fact that it probabaly won t be able to compare to the other ships in the game.

I mean within 200 years things change alot ! 

They'd probably we just as expensive to build material wise irl but there are still a million ways to introduce them to players. Like via quest rewards or via auction from NPC every X time (irl old ships were often sold instead of broken down), or spawn them randomly every Y amount of time as beached treasure ships you have to restore to sailing condition somehow while defending it from other people. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...