Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raekur

Pursued players disappearing while within visual range

It’s not a cheats and it is not a safe exit. He can still be tagged during those 2 minutes. But the video clearly shows how a player can disappear with no warning to other players. Not a cheat, but doesn’t seem to be how it was intended since only the specific key sequence keeps sails up and ship maneuvering during log off. Unless you know the little key secret, you sit vulnerable with your sails down for 2 minutes.

50 minutes ago, Farrago said:

... But the video clearly shows how a player can disappear with no warning to other players. ...

I'm a bit tired today, so forgive me: Have we seen the same vid? After the player exits, his ship is still there, a sitting duck for 2 mins.

• Like 6

On 5/2/2019 at 8:49 AM, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

Accusing people or groups of cheating, or exploiting in the public forums or in game chat is not permitted with the following exceptions:

• If you have video or other effective and conclusive proof, you may post that proof along with the accusation in Tribunal.
  • If you do not have video or other effective proof, but instead suspect there may be wrongdoing, you may use F11, or Private Message Ink and/or an active Moderator on the forums.  Please provide as much evidence as possible, and please F11 and note the bug number where applicable.  If you're messaging Ink or the Moderators, it helps to have bug numbers (they look like NAB-12345, but bug numbers are not required) so that your complaint can be properly investigated.

Those who violate this rule in game are to be reported via right clicking the person's name where they made the statement, and selecting Report.  In the forums, please click the "Report" link at the top of the post.  Violation of this rule can result in withdrawal of your in game chat and/or forum posting privileges.

You can take high tier missions in strategic places in case you get cought with your trader or get ganked. Especially if you have a fast boat, which takes time to catch, you can easily avoid anyone by just jumping into a mission by memorising your escape spots. Works pretty fine on close/intermediate hauls.

7 hours ago, LegoLarry said:

At the end of the video the logging ship was still online after the countdown ended,  so isn't the answer to what has been seen happening. 

I guess the only way to present anything would be to get a video of a chase in which this occurs, unlikely i know but is current situation it seems.

At least isn't a wipespread thing, and as i said could be someone with legacy missions from waters they vanish from.

Someone will catch a vid eventually, just as isn't an everyday thing could take time to get evidence of what has been observed.

7 hours ago, Archer11 said:

I'm a bit tired today, so forgive me: Have we seen the same vid? After the player exits, his ship is still there, a sitting duck for 2 mins.

Perhaps I don’t understand the video correctly. @qw569 please clarify. I thought his video was proving the issue exists. I thought the video proved rather than disproved the “myth”. What it looked like to me:

Two different ships. Ship on the left (Player 1) is the logger. Ship on the right (Player 2) is the observer. Player 1 uses key sequence to start to log off but maintain control of his ship. Player 1 can see his timer. Player 2 watches as Player 1 sails around “normally” with no clue that he has started the log out sequence. At the end of two minutes, log off is completed and Player 1 leaves. However, it looks to Player 2 like Player 1 just disappeared.

Again, I don’t think it’s a cheat but it doesn’t seem like how log off was designed.

I apologize if I’m just not understanding the video but I’ve watched it several times and keep seeing it the same way.

3 hours ago, Farrago said:

Perhaps I don’t understand the video correctly. @qw569 please clarify. I thought his video was proving the issue exists. I thought the video proved rather than disproved the “myth”. What it looked like to me:

Two different ships. Ship on the left (Player 1) is the logger. Ship on the right (Player 2) is the observer. Player 1 uses key sequence to start to log off but maintain control of his ship. Player 1 can see his timer. Player 2 watches as Player 1 sails around “normally” with no clue that he has started the log out sequence. At the end of two minutes, log off is completed and Player 1 leaves. However, it looks to Player 2 like Player 1 just disappeared.

Again, I don’t think it’s a cheat but it doesn’t seem like how log off was designed.

I apologize if I’m just not understanding the video but I’ve watched it several times and keep seeing it the same way.

At the end of the First 2 minutes, player 1 doesnt actually leave. Player 1's game instance just closes. Player 2 still sees player 1 logged in on OW, attackable. After that a second two minute timer starts for p1 where he is just sitting in OW, vulnerable, same way as if you were to alt f4. After the second 2 minutes, the logout is done.

So there is no benefit to it.

I think have found how is done thanks to a pirate friend, but as is fake news won't bother explaining.

Edited by LegoLarry

Ok, so far we have disproved two possible theories, well done all. I think the most disturbing part about this investigation is no longer what we are investigating but the accusations of it being either false or fake news by the admins. 

If it was occurring the specific method would be reported by a white knight long time ago.

This is not occurring. There is is no safe exit.Stop spreading false rumours. 

To let you know, yes this in fact IS occurring and THREE of my clan mates watched a player vanish after being tagged. So that will rule out them being out of visual range and as tested prior it was not due to a mission. So before you start accusing the players that are trying to find a solution of doing something wrong, you may want to actually assist in finding a solution.

This issue IS an issue and to try to brush it off or bury it could easily be seen as either condoning the action or wishing to ignore it until it "goes away".

5 hours ago, Raekur said:

Ok, so far we have disproved two possible theories, well done all. I think the most disturbing part about this investigation is no longer what we are investigating but the accusations of it being either false or fake news by the admins. 

If it was occurring the specific method would be reported by a white knight long time ago.

This is not occurring. There is is no safe exit.Stop spreading false rumours. 

To let you know, yes this in fact IS occurring and THREE of my clan mates watched a player vanish after being tagged. So that will rule out them being out of visual range and as tested prior it was not due to a mission. So before you start accusing the players that are trying to find a solution of doing something wrong, you may want to actually assist in finding a solution.

This issue IS an issue and to try to brush it off or bury it could easily be seen as either condoning the action or wishing to ignore it until it "goes away".

if it happens close to freeports or close to the enemy nations ports it's just missions they enter to be safe.

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

if it happens close to freeports or close to the enemy nations ports it's just missions they enter to be safe.

Just so that you know. If you tag me with your gank around Tumbado, avoid those spots:

20190806002735_1.jpg

I've been told by a few people now that they pull their ethernet cables to achieve this,  I would test but tbh after response from devs i really can't be bothered.

too many rumours spreading around

I heard alt+F4 brings you the old "pray" button back. Only sometimes though

Edited by rediii

If this thing of pulling the ethernet cable works..... Why people lose his ships when lost connection or get a blackout at home while they are inside a battle instance? 

Or why we always have to close sails and wait until the ship dissappear when sailing in group and someone lost his connection? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zaba said:

If this thing of pulling the ethernet cable works..... Why people lose his ships when lost connection or get a blackout at home while they are inside a battle instance? 

Or why we always have to close sails and wait until the ship dissappear when sailing in group and someone lost his connection? 

No idea just repeating what i've been told, whatever is happening i have seen players insta-disappearing from open world, The latest one south of Fort Oranje could not have been a mission unless he had recently left dutch nation with legacy mission (can't take missions in enemy ports).

Anyway enough from me, there is really no point saying what happens when devs state is all fake news etc.... I've never seen the likes of it before, total refusal to believe in an exploit when is being seen so often.  .

On 8/8/2019 at 11:03 AM, LegoLarry said:

No idea just repeating what i've been told, whatever is happening i have seen players insta-disappearing from open world, The latest one south of Fort Oranje could not have been a mission unless he had recently left dutch nation with legacy mission (can't take missions in enemy ports).

Anyway enough from me, there is really no point saying what happens when devs state is all fake news etc.... I've never seen the likes of it before, total refusal to believe in an exploit when is being seen so often.  .

if you think something is broken: Show it with video.