Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raekur

Pursued players disappearing while within visual range

Recommended Posts

Today in tribunal there was a post regarding a WTF player vanishing while being pursued. The person was within visual range and is not a situation of reaching the boundary of rendering. This is the second occurrence of this happening in two days. The official answer was that without video there is no case. While this reply is normal it can not be the only thing that can be done. It would be foolish for the moderators to expect every single player to have the hardware, skill set, and capability to video record their entire game or every time they started pursuing a player. I am sure without even asking that some players lack at least one aspect of what is needed to do so. 

So I offer the following process as it is the only thing that every player should be able to do. If a target vanishes while being pursued use F11 to report it as that will log your current position and time. A simple query against the database should reveal any player that logged off near that time and position. This should also show if that person would have been within range of the group making the report. An investigation of this manner should not take more then 10 minuets ( I know this from personal experience as I do actions like this on a daily basis at my job). 

How this reported action is accomplished is a matter of debate currently and may require some testing of different possible theories. While freely discussing how it is done may increase the number of occurrences for a short time, it will also speed up a solution should the developers decide on a way to fix it.

Edited by Raekur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Its the dumb way missions are done. When you enter a mission you disappear instantly and the mission also disappears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flinch said:

Its the dumb way missions are done. When you enter a mission you disappear instantly and the mission also disappears.

True, but when are you able to get a mission is open world not near a port (yesterday's issue) or as today right next to an enemy port?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
23 minutes ago, Raekur said:

True, but when are you able to get a mission is open world not near a port (yesterday's issue) or as today right next to an enemy port?

I have a theory that maybe he pulled missions there with a trader so he could use them as escape zones. Pretty shitty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, Flinch said:

I have a theory that maybe he pulled missions there with a trader so he could use them as escape zones. Pretty shitty.

Have you been able to pull missions from a hostile port?

 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, Immersive Ganking said:

 

Thank you for your input on the matter. Perhaps as the issue becomes more public a fix will be implemented. The issue yesterday they actually had stated a the countdown timer and the person vanished before it finished. That is how bad this issue is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you can't gain trade missions from enemy ports, but have to admit have not checked battle ones.

Perhaps pirates can do that no idea tbh.

Someone has said in nation chat that is done by hard disconnecting the cable from router but guess killing steam would do same maybe?  We would have to test to eliminate these 2 methods.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, Immersive Ganking said:

 

If that's true and someone can get a video showing it then that would be a major bug fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

If that's true and someone can get a video showing it then that would be a major bug fix.

A simple query of the data base to compare player location and log off time should also be able to confirm this. This was the reason I suggested that as soon as someone pulls this little stunt that the people chasing should send in the report, this should record not only the time of the incident but also the location or at least the close proximity. 

If it is in fact bringing up the options again to reissue the cancel, then maybe just a code fix to remove the prior command may resolve this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just tested. you can even turn while doing it, this is ridiculous

edit: ONLY YOU CAN SEE YOU EXITING

other players see you drop sails and another timer starts so they can just kill you :) 

Edited by rediii
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rediii said:

just tested. you can even turn while doing it, this is ridiculous

XWyDZYN.jpg

 

Pics or it didnt happen! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That particular thing is local only, to you it looks like you have continued to sail and logged off, but in fact when the client closes, a second two minute timer starts and your ship will still be in open world. It's been tested. Try it yourself, have a friend or alt account watch you do it

On the other hand, its gonna be fun now that people think its the way to do it, all the free kills I will get when people think they have safely logged off :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

That particular thing is local only, to you it looks like you have continued to sail and logged off, but in fact when the client closes, a second two minute timer starts and your ship will still be in open world. It's been tested. Try it yourself, have a friend or alt account watch you do it

On the other hand, its gonna be fun now that people think its the way to do it, all the free kills I will get when people think they have safely logged off :D

 

ah, nice to know will test later with someone :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, Immersive Ganking said:

 

Let me introduce the new MythBusters series. Today, Adam Savage and Jamie Hineman will test your theory.

 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qw569 said:

Let me introduce the new MythBusters series. Today, Adam Savage and Jamie Hineman will test your theory.

 

@Ink ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Farrago said:

@Ink ??

All he showed was that it does NOT work, the ship was still in open world after the client closed

Edited by H982 FKL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, qw569 said:

Let me introduce the new MythBusters series. Today, Adam Savage and Jamie Hineman will test your theory.

 

Thanks for taking the time to make the video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, qw569 said:

Let me introduce the new MythBusters series. Today, Adam Savage and Jamie Hineman will test your theory.

 

Если вы все еще за пиратов, cкажите на какой акк выслать редкий пиратский флаг кронштадских повстанцев пиратов

4 hours ago, Farrago said:

@Ink ??

There is no safe exit from the game since day 3 of the open world testing in 2015 as it was build by PVP players. 

There are no cheats in our game. Even waves are on the servers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, Raekur said:

 The official answer was that without video there is no case. While this reply is normal it can not be the only thing that can be done. It would be foolish for the moderators to expect every single player to have the hardware, skill set, and capability to video record their entire game or every time they started pursuing a player. I am sure without even asking that some players lack at least one aspect of what is needed to do so. 

 An investigation of this manner should not take more then 10 minuets ( I know this from personal experience as I do actions like this on a daily basis at my job). 

 

Official answers are only given when there is a certainty in the answer. Thus you can rely on answers on bugs and issues with certain degree of confidence. 
It is not foolish to demand video proof from players as it was found by experience that posts on the internet are sometimes not satisfactory sources of facts and can be not true or partially untrue.

Thats why it is foolish NOT TO DEMAND video proof. As sometimes investigation can take long time and delay other content like raids of NPC attacks on ports on PVE server from appearing in game. 

 

maybe vets want to keep this safe exit myth alive for more targets

 

Overall 

Still! Thanks for the report.. Better be safe and diligent. And it is better to ask a question then to second guess the rumours.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, qw569 said:

Let me introduce the new MythBusters series. Today, Adam Savage and Jamie Hineman will test your theory.

 

Ok, thank you for investigating and ruling out one method of how this is occurring.

A fair number of players know this situation to be true, so the next question is how is it happening.

What other theories can be tested and ruled out?

I think the hard disconnect concept has yet to be tested.

What about using the wait timer and cancel twice before letting it continue, create possible multiple entries in the db for the client disconnect timer. Or would it overwrite the prior ones?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Ok, thank you for investigating and ruling out one method of how this is occurring.

A fair number of players know this situation to be true, so the next question is how is it happening.

 

If it was occurring the specific method would be reported by a white knight long time ago.

This is not occurring. There is is no safe exit.Stop spreading false rumours. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...