Game-Labs Forum

The new slots for outposts

The new slots for outposts  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Need more slots for outposts in the game?

• Yes, for a comfortable game the maximum available number of outposts is not sufficient
    • No, 8 slots is enough. I don’t see the need to add new ones
    • Don't break the game! We don't need new mechanics!
  2. 2. How many slots for the outpost need to be added for a comfortable game?

• 1 new slot is enought
    • 2 new slots at least
    • 3 new slots is minimum
    • 4 new slots for a comfortable game
    • The more the better, and some free ships inside pls
    • I dont need new slots
  3. 3. If will be DLS with bonus slots for outposts , are you ready to buy it and for what price?

• Yes, I am ready to purchase it, dont care about prise
    • Yes, I am ready to purchase if the price is not more than 25 USD
    • Yes, I am ready to purchase if the price is not more than 20 USD
    • Yes, I am ready to purchase if the price is not more than 15 USD
    • Yes, I am ready to purchase if the price is not more than 10 USD
    • Yes, I am ready to purchase if the price is not more than 5 USD
    • I believe that additional slots should be added for free
    • I dont need this DLC

My request for all interested people to vote and tell about the voting your friends in the game. I think the question about bonus slots for the outpost is of interest to a large number of people and only by attracting attention to this issue  we can  affect the situation changes

• Like 4

I think the number of slots are fine for combat players, but Crafter players have a very hard time having their crafting outposts as well as the outposts required for combat. IMO, 2 more slots (for 10 total) does not provide much more but certainly improves QoL for crafter players in enjoying the game.

Also, no to DLC. Cosmetic DLC is best DLC.

Next you should start the following poll,....." if you should not get a 1st rate for free in the game every day, because RvR is verry important in this game".

Possible Answers:

a) yeah, free 1st Rate for every player every day

b) great, but one 1st Rate is not enough, give us three

c) no 1st Rate for free

I already know how the poll ends....

Edited by Georg Fromm
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

to be honest what we realy need is that every player has by standard all free ports as an outpost and 3 or 4 he can choose himself.

This would make the whole map smaller because everyone can reach all points of the map in roughly 1 1/2 hours sail

I kind of like this, all Freeports be free OP. But I also like the restriction where we really have to choose our locales.

BTW #FreeCoquibacoa or #FreeLaOrchilla 

47 minutes ago, Georg Fromm said:

Next you should start the following poll,....." if you should not get a 1st rate for free in the game every day, because RvR is verry important in this game".

Possible Answers:

a) yeah, free 1st Rate for every player every day

b) great, but one 1st Rate is not enough, give us three

c) no 1st Rate for free

I already know how the poll ends....

Having 3 twins I have no need for outposts, you blame me but dont know me. I understand that it’s hard for you to think a little wider than your possibilities, So just treat voting like voting. 

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

to be honest what we realy need is that every player has by standard all free ports as an outpost and 3 or 4 he can choose himself.

This would make the whole map smaller because everyone can reach all points of the map in roughly 1 1/2 hours sail

Although this may seem a good idea, it would actually make the game less accessible for most players unless something was done about free port camping. A lone or small group of players can basically block a free port with almost no risk by sitting on the dock attacking anything weaker than them or running from anything stronger.

Personally I think all freeports should have a fairly large no attack zone around them so they are easier to enter and leave and persons camping them can be caught before they can run back to port.

• Like 1

The number of outposts were not a problem during testing,  therefore i conclude the problems (if they so exist) must arrive from some other cause/change.

It all comes down to choice of outposts, but ofc choosing to keep production and crafting buildings means less available to elsewhere.  If anything with production (forests/mines etc) able to be built within ports if a clan/nation use this facility then it is definitely most possible to free up needed outposts for other endevours.... 

By stacking materials production needed in 1 or 2 ports would allow outposts to be free for whatever is needed would it not?

Edited by LegoLarry

49 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Although this may seem a good idea, it would actually make the game less accessible for most players unless something was done about free port camping. A lone or small group of players can basically block a free port with almost no risk by sitting on the dock attacking anything weaker than them or running from anything stronger.

Personally I think all freeports should have a fairly large no attack zone around them so they are easier to enter and leave and persons camping them can be caught before they can run back to port.

Havent seen that yet. Most people camping free ports are in fear to get an equal group as enemy and rather go ganking somewhere else.

And thats what i would do: call my clanmates and fight those guys. And we dont even need to search for that.

I love the idea!

But I would extend it to something like: "The Admirals Daughter DLC" as a 5,- update to the Admiralty Connection or integrate it to it for free.

Either a flexible upgrade to the DLC (player can choose what to increase) or a standalone DLC.

4 Additional Outposts 

16 additionally added (on Admiralty Connection) Warehouse slots

10 additionally added docks

4 extra building permits

and a (much) higher Limit on Clan Depot, that fits the number of items to store / storable items

3 hours ago, DreamMaker said:

Having 3 twins I have no need for outposts, you blame me but dont know me. I understand that it’s hard for you to think a little wider than your possibilities, So just treat voting like voting. 

My criticism is not about your personal situation, but about the fact that I can design polls in such a way that they definitely get support. Whenever it costs nothing, the approval will be higher than the rejection.

36 minutes ago, Georg Fromm said:

My criticism is not about your personal situation, but about the fact that I can design polls in such a way that they definitely get support. Whenever it costs nothing, the approval will be higher than the rejection.

if you criticize - make offer (c) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is relevant but cannot be addressed in the short time. Due to large patch coming out soon.

Outposts for real money was considered pay to win - as it gives advantage that you cannot gain in game by any means (Unlike hercules)

• Like 8

On 8/5/2019 at 3:20 PM, rediii said:

And reapairs in shop and more tows 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, admin said:

nice sig - where did you get the flag on the sig? Any source?

Это флаг Российско-Американской компании обр. 1806 года
https://www.booksite.ru/fulltext/russ_america/05_17.html

3 hours ago, admin said:

This topic is relevant but cannot be addressed in the short time. Due to large patch coming out soon.

А как насчет того моего мегапоста, который я просил посмотреть?

I really think any port belonging to your nation shouldn't cost money and be automaticly an outpost, being able to tp through any national port would be a good thing, makes things easier aswell. Freeports and neutral ports should be way more cheaper than a enemy nation port would, taxes also. When your nation takes control of a port, you're automaticly have an outpost in that port, until it gets taken by another nation. That would've been better than adding more slots for outposts, imo.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 8:29 AM, van der Clam said:

I kind of like this, all Freeports be free OP. But I also like the restriction where we really have to choose our locales.

BTW #FreeCoquibacoa or #FreeLaOrchilla 

We don't need more freetowns, other wise no reason to use frontlines and the attacks from freetowns is all ready bad enough.  Though two more slots that are only able to be used in free towns would be nice.  So folks that want to do Shroud Cay PvP zone can free up a port with one of those slots along with any other PvP zone area or capital can be used for those two slots.

17 hours ago, admin said:

Outposts for real money was considered pay to win - as it gives advantage that you cannot gain in game by any means (Unlike hercules)

Round it off at 10 and make the last two slots for above ranks. Give choice of Capital or Freezones around PvP zones only from those slots (could just make capital a perm slot at start).   

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 10:31 AM, admin said:

really?

what about buying an ALT account? 8 more outpost, 25 more ships docks, 5 more buildings slot, 3k more Labour hours...

sounds like game-breaking pay to win...

Hmm not Sure but isnt it possible to Invest in a port and get all common ressources in one port? you need only one outpost for crafting ressources, second outpost for your shipyard ... 6 outposts for PvP and rvr ... seems fair for me.

Bad thing i didnt find such a ressource Port in my Nation atm ... 

Edited by Gilles de Rais