Game-Labs Forum

The gain of experience before was much better for everyone

Years ago when I played the naval, you went into combat and sinking the boat that was given you 500 experience points and you could enter accompanied or only each player gave 500 points, I think that should be restored since the experience gained in combat or by mission it seems to me simply a garbage

• Like 1

I restarted in the end of June,  have not tried the exams (or tutorials), and I have almost achieved the [Master and Commander] rank, that I had before the wipe.  The XP is from sailing only ... haven't fought one battle since the wipe.

The XP progression seems pretty fast to me.

1 hour ago, koltes said:

Just normal Kill mission. When you killing higher rate than your ship you get bonus xp. This one was to kill 2nd rate in 4th rate

That is great for experienced players, but how many new players can do this mission without getting wrecked.

The game is not currently friendly to new players, most missions are harder than the level would suggest. Even if you go for the 1 star ones the minimum you face is 1 ship of the same rate and if you are unlucky it could be a stronger one than you are sailing. There is no real option of a slower but easier grind for inexperienced players. They can get easier kills in OW by choosing easy targets, but then they are farmed by experienced PvP players who camp the areas where they do that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Archaos said:

There is no real option of a slower but easier grind for inexperienced players.

The 500xp ones instead of the 2000XP ones are slower and easier. Those are the examples posted by the OP, the second by Koltes.

There's also even slower and easier for total newcomers with 7th rate missions from capitals.

But OP suggests it is too slow if it is easy.

14 minutes ago, Archaos said:

That is great for experienced players, but how many new players can do this mission without getting wrecked.

The game is not currently friendly to new players, most missions are harder than the level would suggest. Even if you go for the 1 star ones the minimum you face is 1 ship of the same rate and if you are unlucky it could be a stronger one than you are sailing. There is no real option of a slower but easier grind for inexperienced players. They can get easier kills in OW by choosing easy targets, but then they are farmed by experienced PvP players who camp the areas where they do that.

Yeah I think they need to make missions where you can kill rate below and give xp that is equal to current killing same rate in OW. This way new players can still lvl.
Then killing same rate should be slightly above.
Killing 1 rate higher should give x2 times xp.
2 rates above x3 times xp
3 rates above x5 times xp.

Dont know if the figures are good, just a guide line

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

The 500xp ones instead of the 2000XP ones are slower and easier. Those are the examples posted by the OP, the second by Koltes.

There's also even slower and easier for total newcomers with 7th rate missions from capitals.

But OP suggests it is too slow if it is easy.

The thing is they are not really easier for a new player, even when matched against an equal rate ship, because until they learn how to angle and avoid damage then broadside to broadside the AI usually wins. Remember new players start out with no slots unlocked while the AI is always fully upgraded with best books, they may be stupid but they can pack a punch.

The 7th rate missions from the capital are still dangerous because there is no new player protection and experienced players hunt around the capital farming people on their way to the missions.

Koltes has the right suggestion for the option of missions against a rank below, not giving much xp but allowing new players build confidence till they feel they are ready to take on harder targets. Trust me people will get bored of killing targets that are too easy and will then try harder missions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Food for thought. Maybe a player who cant sink a santi in a wada shouldn't have accelerated XP gains?

2 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Food for thought. Maybe a player who cant sink a santi in a wada shouldn't have accelerated XP gains?

I was not advocating for accelerated xp gains, I was pointing out that available missions can be difficult for new players. When a player is struggling to get a kill against a single ship of equal rate there is no point telling them that they can get amazing xp from attacking a ship 2 ranks above them. I am sure you would get great XP from sinking a Santi in a basic cutter but how many people would actually try it.

I would note that hostility missions are excellent XP. Alternatively any kill mission will let you being a friend to help but will spawn a second ship for your friend.

I.e if you have a mission to kill a 3rd rate and your friend joins you then you will have 2 3rd rates to fight.

Excellent xp though.

3 hours ago, Archaos said:

Koltes has the right suggestion for the option of missions against a rank below,

Gotcha. Then, in regards to OP subject, it will still be smaller gain of experience.

I'm just focusing that specific issue and the truth is, XP is scaled with challenge. So no fast experience with easy or even more easier challenges.

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Gotcha. Then, in regards to OP subject, it will still be smaller gain of experience.

I'm just focusing that specific issue and the truth is, XP is scaled with challenge. So no fast experience with easy or even more easier challenges.

XP isn't really scaled with challenge is it, bigger ships against equal targets earn huge XP compared to small ships against equal targets when the challenge/difficulty is essentially the same