Game-Labs Forum

Balance the pvp

Not Russia is in need of a nerf, but you all need to get better!

Speak with each other, organize, train, help each other get better, do anything but stop whining about russia.

You want to train in a balanced pvp battle? Let me introduce you this:

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/30756-weekly-frigate-tournament/?tab=comments#comment-661134

• Like 1

The bigger a nation get, the more they have to do to defend the territory. At the moment Russia is really good organized, so they deserve to own a lot of ports.

If you cannot compete in big ships, jump in a privateer and hunt their traders. No first rate will be able to catch you.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 3:36 AM, Signatus Suseldom said:

I propose that changes be made in the equilibrium of the pvp so that one country does not stand out over another, because at this step prussia will completely dominate the Caribbean and that will only lead people to leave the pvp aside and either leave the pve or leave the game

I understand where you come from.... and in contrast please consider my injunction here...

This is a wargame... there will be a victor and the rest lose... the strongest nation will in the end become a juggernaut and the rest of us will have to kick and scratch for the crumbs... sort of like reality. I guess my point is... I see no reason for balancing combat... this game isn't entirely about just winning engagements, its about managing the engagement and surviving the instance... if you think you are out matched.... what is your plan? And do you look for trouble at easily supported locations... or do you hunt for the unwary. Sailing combat was never about and, in my opinion, should never be about an equal fight... the best you can hope for is an organized fight with a friend from another nation that is willing to match your rank of ship. So in the end … your game is what you make it see? Don't run the big expensive ships... be a thorn in their side and destroy their shipping... fight smaller ships and only engage if you know you will win... Try trading, pirating , navy work, patrolling, crafting... but always have a plan for escape and a plan for attack. These are the rules that I follow for this game and I have more wins than losses under my belt... I don't have tons of kills... and you wont find me on the leader boards... but I win my engagements most of the time. I have really only lost a handful of time to players that were... turns out... simply better than I was... so I grew and learned more... I joined their nation for a time and played alongside them... supporting them... doing as they instructed me. I made friends out of enemies and now I am capable of winning against them also. This would not have been possible if I didn't pursue their wisdom. I had to come to realise that I sucked a long time ago... now its different, now players accuse me of buy to win and having the best upgrades and such, but to tell you the truth... I don't have any of these things... I just understand the game and win because I know my ship very well.

The more time you put into the game... the more time you spend with the experienced player community, the more you will learn to enjoy the depth of this game and what is involved with the many winning solutions available for ship builds in game. This game is complex in a good way.,.. lets not destroy one of the greatest strongpoints of the game with balancing.

Best oi wishes sir!

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains.

3 hours ago, Mrgoldstein said:

With large nations youll get internal struggles, clan's argueing largr clans getting bored and leaving to smaller nations..

Boy that's for sure... if you want to avoid drama... just play as a solo pirate on a very fast small light ship... any nation will do, but hey... if your a rouge your a rouge … right?

The drama is so real in the larger nations... clans vying for power...or influence, rouge clans that aren't exercising the interests for the rest of the nation... cooperation is sometimes at a high and the nation is doing well, other times they are all doing what ever they want and bring the clans to war with clans from another nation.... it goes on and on.

That's ok though in my opinion... of course I think that clans and players not working for the interest of the nation should be turned rouge and be attackable by anyone. A simple system could be incorporated that votes for peace or war between specific clans... if a clan attacks clan members of a different nation or their own then they become labelled as rouge and are treated as pirates or felons... become attackable with no ramifications by other players then. These rouges would just be private Corsairs running around and doing what ever they want to... thye could even have their own rouge corsair flag set... sounds fun aye? This way the Clans that are more centered around RVR could do their RVR and the other guys could just be raiders and have fun fighting whomever they want to... when ever they want to... they would be the true pirates of the game savvy? This faction would not need to be able to take ports as they wouldn't be worried about that at all... they tend to only care about combat and stealing other players stuff anyway. However if the private nation could control a port and have their own rouge flag flying on said port... that would be awesome too. :)

Go ahead and chew on that for a bit.

Have fun!