Game-Labs Forum

[PURG3] KotRed - Friendly fire

Hi @Ink and @admin

A member of my clan Niquesse  [SNOW] (Dutch) was out raiding today when KotRed from [PURG3] (Sweden) joined a battle on his side (who was defending a Swede) and proceeded to try and kill him because the other player was an alt of his friend. He almost succeeded in killing Niquesse and he only surived by quickly dispatching the unfortunate Captain Weasle [DKEM] (GB) allowing the battle to be closed and him to escape unmolested.

KotRed shows a blantant and wanton disregard for the rules which surely warrants harsh punishment.

There is simply no excuse for such rulebreaking. Joining a battle and aiding the enemy and firing on friends while also insulting our members.

hello kittying shame on PURG3 for accepting such dishonest players.

I will upload video tomorrow so all can see this disgrace.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
Upload of video.
  • Like 7

im actually interested to test being tribunaled on one of my alts to see what happens, my bet is a slap on the wrist and nothing more

9 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

I agree an example has to be made. A slap on the wrist or warning simply opens the door for all sorts of activities that are "against the rules". 

giphy.gif

time to put my pirate hat on and play pirate as a pirate should be played i guess

2 hours ago, StaleMemes said:

So is this going to be one of those epic "how far do we have to break it before they are forced to fix it" moments or what?

@Ink already made the decision that green on green is punnishable. If ppl keep doing it, then they knowingly are breaking the rules. Devs should NOT have to respond immediately, nor fix something that ppl should stop doing immediately. If they do it, then they get punished when it's not a weekend.

2 hours ago, Immersive Ganking said:

It seems friendly fire is no longer a punishable offense. Otherwise this topic would have been answered be the devs I would guess.

It's the weekend. They don't have to deal with it until Monday. If ppl keep doing illegal green on green, then come monday they will be punished.

Edited by van der Clam
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

@Ink already made the decision that green on green is punnishable. If ppl keep doing it, then they knowingly are breaking the rules. Devs should have to respond immediately, nor fix something that ppl should stop doing immediately. If they do it, then they get punished when it's not a weekend.

It's the weekend. They don't have to deal with it until Monday. If ppl keep doing illegal green on green, then come monday they will be punished.

Yes yes its been decided that green on green is punishable. Punishable by what? "appropriate actions"? a slap on the wrist? A sternly written letter?

These people have like 5 alts usually, they don't give a hello kitty if one of them is one probation or gets demoted, or even banned for a few weeks. They can just start teamkilling with another one or wait till that one is off probation.

Deliberate and knowing friendly fire should result in the banning of the offending account and any account that can be tied to it as an alt. Preferably permanently but maybe just for a few months. If something is punishable only so that doing it results in a minor, temporary inconvenience to 1 out of many of a players accounts, then to all intents and purposes it is not punishable.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StaleMemes said:

Yes yes its been decided that green on green is punishable. Punishable by what? "appropriate actions"? a slap on the wrist? A sternly written letter?

These people have like 5 alts usually, they don't give a hello kitty if one of them is one probation or gets demoted, or even banned for a few weeks. They can just start teamkilling with another one or wait till that one is off probation.

Deliberate and knowing friendly fire should result in the banning of the offending account and any account that can be tied to it as an alt. Preferably permanently but maybe just for a few months. If something is punishable only so that doing it results in a minor, temporary inconvenience to 1 out of many of a players accounts, then to all intents and purposes it is not punishable.

Do you know precisely what "appropriate action" is? If not, then don't claim as you do. Maybe the player was temp banned. Maybe it was a first offense and only warned. Maybe they had rank removed. We players don't have to be privileged with this info. We just have to report it and not do it ourselves. Until you know exactly what the "appropriate action" is, speculating, or making falsehoods is just stupid.

• Like 1

Clan mates and I use friendly fire for training... don't remove it. It must be there so that we can hone the next generation of players for PVP combat.... its a great way to get new players practice!

But distasteful friendly fire is punishable by potential banning I think... it would have to go to the tribunal... and the game owners would need to decide what to do with you.

If you are to submit something to the tribunal... then make sure to have screen shots and an in depth story regarding what happened … a simple accusation is not enough... otherwise the big time RVR players would get clans banned this way.

Just make sure all your ducks are in a row before accusing anyone for distasteful friendly fire.

Good luck out there!

Edited by LIONOFWALES

1 hour ago, van der Clam said:

Do you know precisely what "appropriate action" is? If not, then don't claim as you do. Maybe the player was temp banned. Maybe it was a first offense and only warned. Maybe they had rank removed. We players don't have to be privileged with this info. We just have to report it and not do it ourselves. Until you know exactly what the "appropriate action" is, speculating, or making falsehoods is just stupid.

While I agree that players don't have the privilege of knowing the outcome of a tribunal, I think that some indication of action being taken would go a long way to show that the rules are being enforced. On a Freelance server i used to play on the admins were very forthcoming with the punishments being levied against a player for their actions. This not only showed that the rules were enforced it also showed that the admins were not playing favorites. While mistakes can happen and the occasional hits on friendlies may occur, blatant intentional acts should be made public so that future incidents do not occur. Laws that are not enforced publicly are not seen as laws, and mistrust and suspected corruption will replace any respect that is given.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

He usually keep quiet all the time. Some month back they told they wont be on forum, and that they only will lissen to a few top player and clans.

That was so long ago they made tons of posts after that. 

This is Support section and they can't ignore it. Ink left "Under review" for 2 topics related to buying stuff for real money (perhaps just to prevent shit show) on Friday

Edited by Beeekonda

49 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Admins last post was on July 25 he is either on vacation or working on next update (usually he keeps quiet before big patches).

+ its Sunday 

Usually @Ink cares about Tribunal. Thus it shouldn't matter if Admin is on vacation. Game is abandoned. Thus they move TLIML already to Steam forums. 

Who judges?

Hide contents

Un-involved moderators will in combined efforts with the Devs discuss and judge the situation.

Note:

The final decision lies with the admin.

Beside troll and retarded topics there is a lot of ROE related ones in Tribunal that are left hanging without Ink/Admin/mods locking them down (no replies).

Edited by Beeekonda