Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Teutonic

Ship doubloon Crafting changes

I feel that the doubloon cost for 4th rates when you compare it to the Wasa is hilarious and this should change. why should anyone sail an Agamemnon, when they could save 100 more doubloons and sail a Wasa instead ( heck even 50 crew undercrewed)? There is no economic or strategic incentive to sail a 4th rate when we have the Wasa which does everything better with only a marginally increased cost in crafting materials (no more than 5%). The following quick change should happen.

Wasa - Increase Doubloon cost slightly to 3,000

4th Rates - lower all 4th rate Doubloon costs by 50%.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

imo all 4th rates and 3rd rates permits should be available through doubloons (lightest to medium of each class) and combat medals (medium to heaviest of each class) while the 2nd rate and 1st rate permits should have a small drop chance from epic ingame events and elite ships

23 hours ago, Serk said:

Wasa everywhere-nqrrss.jpg

as it realistically and balanced should be

2 hours ago, Wyy said:

as it realistically and balanced should be

So we are ok with a whole category of ships being irrelevant in the game too?

It's like owning a game, but deciding that 30% of the game is wasted space.

Why even have them in the game in the first place then?

17 hours ago, Borch said:

If you check @qw569 stats you'll find out that most of the ships are not being used in game. Even ships like Belle Poule which people could think are popular and high on the list for me is very low and unused. This was supposed to be frigate workhorse, easy to craft, easy to use. It is loosing with rare Endymion, P Frigate and Trinco in frigates cattegory. I'm not even mentioning ships at the bottom.

Overall, ships deserve proper balancing (again) not only by fixing dubloon price but also NA gameplay needs to change to find some usage for unpopular ships. Maybe raids will change something?

Agreed; it's sad that I've never actually seen many of the ships in the game. Having rolling permit restrictions on building ships could be cool...maybe take the most used ship of each rate each month and make that ship require permits to build. Or maybe increase resource cost of a particular ship the more they are built at a specific port.

On 7/30/2019 at 3:28 PM, Teutonic said:

I feel that the doubloon cost for 4th rates when you compare it to the Wasa is hilarious and this should change. why should anyone sail an Agamemnon, when they could save 100 more doubloons and sail a Wasa instead ( heck even 50 crew undercrewed)? There is no economic or strategic incentive to sail a 4th rate when we have the Wasa which does everything better with only a marginally increased cost in crafting materials (no more than 5%). The following quick change should happen.

Wasa - Increase Doubloon cost slightly to 3,000

4th Rates - lower all 4th rate Doubloon costs by 50%.

I honestly think all SOLs (3rd, 2nd and 1st Rates) should require permits.