Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromitz

Shipbuilding and port BR

PVE shipbuilding question:

It's established that capturable ports increase the chance of a rare trim when building ships. I've seen a few people say in chat channels that a port's BR also affects the chance - the higher the port's BR, the higher the chance. I haven't been able to verify this.

Is there anything to it? Does a higher port BR give a better chance at a better trim, or is just a matter of the port being capturable or non-capturable?

• Like 2

I'd like to bump this.  I was just told the same thing, that I should build shipyards in 25k BR ports in the PvE server but I've like to confirm this before I invest tens of thousands of doubloons.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, Fromitz said:

PVE shipbuilding question:

It's established that capturable ports increase the chance of a rare trim when building ships. I've seen a few people say in chat channels that a port's BR also affects the chance - the higher the port's BR, the higher the chance. I haven't been able to verify this.

Is there anything to it? Does a higher port BR give a better chance at a better trim, or is just a matter of the port being capturable or non-capturable?

7 hours ago, Preserved_Killick said:

Does anyone else have info on this?  Can anyone confirm how this specifically works?

Okay, I have been playing this game for 3 or more years with 1000's of hours across different nations and characters. I read the forums just about every day. I certainly see 99% of new posts. Which doesn't mean I know, but if it had ever been announced or even widely suspected by the player base, I think I would have heard about it. Note I only play the PVP server but suspect the mechanic would be the same.

It's TRUE. Crafting in a capturable ports gives you a higher percentage chance of purple, gold and special trims. The exact percentage this helps has not been announced but my opinion is it's significant.

I have NEVER seen official or unofficial, rumor or fact, that the port's BR has anything to do with it.

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 2

Port BR is what a PvE player uses to determine if a port is "capturable" since obviously none actually are on the PvE server.  At least that's my understanding anyway.  If a port has any BR rating on PvE it means it is capturable.  

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, Farrago said:

I have NEVER seen official or unofficial, rumor or fact, that the port's BR has anything to do with it.

I spent a lot of time looking but never found anything, either. Upon further reflection, if this were a real feature, I'm sure it would have been prominent in patch notes. It'd be too valuable in the PVP world for it to go unmentioned. I was mostly worried that my Google-Fu was too weak and I just overlooked something.

Sounds like we've got about the same amount of time in the game, which works to my disadvantage sometimes - someone mentions a new mechanic and I have to stop and wonder, "That's not how it was three years ago... Is that how it is now?"

I'm willing to conclude that the rumor is false. Saves me a ton of money.

• Like 1