Game-Labs Forum

Backer Build Two

Landing operations are released

f8486171-babb-4b4f-87f5-a0da200c1a99.jpg
Thank you all for the support of the Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail. We are glad to announce that Landing operations are live now.

The build opens access to Landing operations. You can play 2 battles where you have to use fleet and troops at the same moment. Your fleet must organize, protect and support landing parties.
ad9082bd-bf63-4983-b40c-c516650d7235.jpg
Naval battle improves and fixes:
1.    We made a rebalance of modules. Now rudder, mast or even powder magazine can be damaged more often.
2.    Added new mechanic of crits. When your ship makes large damage there is a chance that target will get a critical hit increasing the final amount of damage.
3.    Ranking fire re-balance.
4.    Fixed issues when an enemy was in the sector but your ship ignored the enemy.
5.    Added button for aiming mode. Also aiming mode screen now contain target information and help.
62e5d3ab-cd4d-43e2-9cfb-706b68456846.jpg
6.    Added tooltips for officers and guns in the ship info panel.
7.    Changed protocol for Admiral Edition server, it decreases the chance that your Admiral Edition window will be blocked by a firewall.
8.    Multiple changes and fixes in Naval AI logic. AI will start to capture surrendered ships.
9.    Boarding indication improves. You will get more details when boarding can not start.

Land battle improves and fixes:
1.    Huge rework in the animation system. It must fix different lags and errors. There are still issues but we work to fix everything.
2.    Fixes in Land AI.
3.    LOS functionality is introduced. You have to press “L” button to see “LOS” for selected unit/units or just for a point on a map. LOS mode will show a heightmap and area of visibility. 
3aa788c2-4d5b-4886-9753-3ee41cb08de3.jpg
4.  If you want to group a few units, just select them and assign a group with Shift + number, for example, Shift+1.
Visit Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

• Like 5

Thoughts, bugs and issues:

Loving the game so far and if you make a detailed and re-playable campaign then I am sure it will be as successful as UGCV.

A few issues and bugs I have seen are:

Moral seems extremely fragile since the BB2 update with units in decent cover retreating or breaking after around 3 salvos of enemy fire. Also units seem to sometimes almost run into the enemy instead of stopping to engage at range. Not sure if this is something to do with LOS. An attack/move command would be very useful if possible (unless this is in and I missed it).

LOS is a nice edition, although it is still unclear as to when and where infantry and artillery can shoot from/to.

Units attached to supply wagons do not protect the supply waggon without being removed from the supply wagon. The guarding units just insta died and disappeared when the supply wagon goes near to an enemy and die when their supply wagon is captured (this happened twice in the first landings mission and I have not tried to repeat it).

Unit shields are not always visible when in trees/forests 

Had an issue with 'floating' unit icons and had to restart the level.

Despite the above still having a great time testing this very promising game.

Please feel free to check out my channel where I have posted a couple of vids:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ1qM_26EtBgY73pjQz3WQ

Bubblebox