Game-Labs Forum

Paints Paints Paints - Paints proposals

Captains

Please propose paints ahd coloring schemes for ships existing in the game

Best posts will have a color painting or a photograph or a screenshot. Of course there is no point to post black and white pictures.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, admin said:

Captains

Please propose paints ahd coloring schemes for ships existing in the game

Best posts will have a color painting or a photograph or a screenshot. Of course there is no point to post black and white pictures.

are there limitations?

for example, try and keep it to a "historical/realistic" look of paints or can we get a little creative?

• Like 1

SAN-JUAN-NEPOMUCEMO-5.thumb.jpg.8a152e707885f3cd44275117080a4b7b.jpg                       

In my opinion sometimes too much abuse of paintings. I would stay with wood-colored paints or without paint. For example the Diana ship is beautiful, the photo belongs to a model of the ship San Juan Nepomuceno. I don't like so much painting personally. I would like simple paint models without colors. It is my humble opinion

Edited by ManuelSpain

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Right now only ship with changing sail colors via paint is the Requin. If they do something similar with other ships I think that would be interesting.

Don’t forget the « outlaw » paint for the pirate frigate. Looks like the « Flying Dutchmen » with those black sails. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Right now only ship with changing sail colors via paint is the Requin. If they do something similar with other ships I think that would be interesting.

The Pirate Refit if you take the piant (outlaw I think) You get a black out ship with dark/blackish sails.

I really want to see what the LGV Refit looks like and maybe H Rattler, but sadly those are locked away in RNG world.

Admin, the new paints are very nice looking. Great job to the artists!

I like the Ingermanland paint you introduced, but I'd also love to see a black Ingermanland with weathered trim all around. Like oxidized/corroded/patina-ed copper and bronze. Almost like the Disney Black Pearl :lol: (minus the black sails, which, while I like the look, might not fit in well with the game...): 902131ffa2651f367e6a8031140f2385.png 

(just look at the bronze trim and the worn/dirty decks and weathered hull)

This would essentially be like the current Trincomalee Scarred paint, but for the Ingermanland, and with more blacks/greys instead of the Trincomalee's battered black/white color scheme. 

I'm terrible with paint skills, but here is what I'm thinking: (feel free to laugh, its terrible I know) :D

38130bf7514b55c0aad871c5236498e6.jpg  

Imagine all the bronze trim old and turning green, and imagine the green-ish color on the bottom as weathered copper plating. Weather the decks a dull grey and the masts a dirty and rust-speckled black. 

• Like 1

First of all thx for the new paints so far, they look great!

I would love to see a "normal navy" paint, for example sicilly or checker for the pirate frigate.

One more request, please keep it "historical" don't get too creative as some request... its bad enough in other games to see pink tanks or shite like that!

Edited by McHackou
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, McHackou said:

First of all thx for the new paints so far, they look great!

I would love to see a "normal navy" paint, for example sicilly or checker for the pirate frigate.

One more request, please keep it "historical" don't get too creative as some request... its bad enough in other games to see pink tanks or shite like that!

We already have a paint with dark grey sails :(

And yes I would love to see more historical skins , like for example the "white Santissima Trinidad" and the first paint used in the victory.

Edited by no one
  • Like 1