Game-Labs Forum
Austin

Vanishing Bow

I have no idea whats causing this but every so often when im about ready to shoot my bow, its not there. My character does the motion for the bow but he's not holding it anymore and when i press left mouse button, no arrows fire. This has happened about 5 times for me since the last update/patch and the fix that i've been using is to shut the game down and restart it. Just wanted to add that my character does have a bow and i have no switched that bow, so it'll be working for me fine for a long time and then 'surprise!!' its now gone. Not technically gone, its still in my inventory, but my character just holds an imaginary bow that doesn't do anything. Also, once this issue starts it doesn't seem to matter what type of bow i have in my inventory (its happened when i was holding a hunter, war and eagle bow), my character only holds his imaginary bow that does nothing

i figured out that this issue is mainly (only?) happening for me when i fast travel. Not sure if its happened other times but when i started to pay attention for it i started noticing it happening when i had fast/quick traveled

Edited by Austin

Could you please clarify if you reported the problem? If not, please send output_log file once the problem happens again to info @thislandmyland .com (include your forum name and description)

• Go to the folder the game is installed in
    • In general it is Games\This Land Is My Land\This Land Is My Land\default\game\This Land Is My Land_Data (or a different than "Games" folder - depends if you installed in a different folder), there should be the output_log file

Since no one else has commented about this bug, i figured it must only be happening to me. Not being able to use your bow after quick travel is a game breaking bug in my opinion and i expected all players to be commenting about this. So, i tried to fix it myself using the game repair, but that did not correct the issue. After that i sent the output_log file to the email address you specified

I found another fix for this issue. As soon as you quick travel to the new area, do a game save at a fire pit and this will correct the bug and let you use your bow again

Edited by Austin

I've reported via the F11(bug report utility) about an invisible horse that I called using the Hay Bait. Wonder if it's something to do with the same sort of issue the devs need to fix?
I found it quit funny when it happened, cause all the sounds where there of the horse eating the bait and everything, just that the actual horse model wasn't being rendered at all. Lol!  :D

PS: I restarted the game and it hasn't happened since.

Edited by Feather In His Hair

Not sure... I just played several hours and my bow didn't disappear once so I'm hoping the most recent patch addressed that. I'll be able to verify that tomorrow... need to sleep a bit before I play more. :D

• Like 1