Game-Labs Forum
McPoyle

[Peace Server] PvE Ship crafting feels broken

Since release I have crafted well over 150 ships (no 1st rates) and have yet to get anything better than a 3/5 cramped. I have seen a few purp builds for sale in KPR since release. Yesterday for example I crafted 10 Aga in a row to see if see if anything good could come with saving and mass producing. Best I got was a 3/5 strong rigging. Did the same thing today and it turns out pretty much the same way, other than I got 3 out of 10 that had strong rigging. So best I can get is pretty much the same as most I can cap. Am I doing something wrong or is crafting really this useless? My crafting lvl has been maxed out for a few years and my shipyard is lvl 3 at LaNav . 

• Like 6

@admin

Since we are unable to craft ships with port bonuses on the PVE server, may I ask very kindly if the quality probability level be increased to help compensate.

Many thanks.

Edited by Ortac
  • Like 3

And how's that sounds:

As a total beginner newly built the Shipyard, upgraded it to Lv2. Got the resources 1st to 10th ship blue one, Crafting leveled up, made 3 Essex frigates in a row: 1st Essex - Blue; 2nd Essex - Golden - Cramped 5/5; 3rd Essex - Golden - Stron Rig 5/5... after that the following 5 ships ordinary Blue.... 🤨

Edited by Ghostsaker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostsaker said:

And how's that sounds:

As a total beginner newly built the Shipyard, upgraded it to Lv2. Got the resources 1st to 10th ship blue one, Crafting leveled up, made 3 Essex frigates in a row: 1st Essex - Blue; 2nd Essex - Golden - Cramped 5/5; 3rd Essex - Golden - Stron Rig 5/5... after that the following 5 ships ordinary Blue.... 🤨

2 out of 18  5/5:  Sounds like you are very lucky :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

2 out of 18  5/5:  Sounds like you are very lucky :)

And I think that was my luck for the entire month🥴  maybe a purple at the end of next month... 

And Jan I wish that they had been Endymions 😬

Edited by Ghostsaker
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghostsaker said:

And how's that sounds:

Sounds like beginners luck. Like finding Golden Monkeys back in the day. I never got them once. Had to buy them from a newb that picked them up day 1. I looted for over a year and never found them. Crafting ships feels the same way now. You should have bought a lotto ticket 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McPoyle said:

...You should have bought a lotto ticket  

Tried.... not to mention, no luck with it....  those 2 goldens were maybe the so called baits/honey strings to keep trying for more...

• Like 2

184 l'oceans, 7 purples, 0 golden. Not much else to add

Edited by JoeForKyo
more crafted
  • Like 4

Simple solution:

Make elite notes a crafting ingredient.

Elites dont drop ship type notes, but a frigate, cerberus, Belle etc drop 5th rate notes. 

A 5th rate note (+ permit) alows you to craft a 5th rate of your choice of type (eg an Endymion) and choice of woods. You can use more than 1 note per craft to increase quality/port boni.

Each elite note allows you 3 bonus points of your choice and increases chances by 10%.

Since there are 20 port boni in total, the max should be 7 notes

Example: 7 5th rate notes + 1 Endymion permit : you can craft 1 elite Endymion of your wood choice that comes w all port boni maxed and has a 70% increased chance to get a 5/5 (can still be no trim or random trim)

Doesnt remove the grind, but gives it a meaning.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 8

According to my observation and experience, any attempt to "enforce" better building results are doomed. Like doing series in short time. Have no evidence, but it's possible there is code which is taking effect against such attempts.

I had the best results with random building, irregularly. Will not repeat what I got so far, before release, without any serial production efforts, as some people seem jealous and I don't like confrontation for something I don't feel responsible for.

There have been proposals about using port boni as a crafting ingredient before. It's all on the table. Devs just need to pick them up if they wanted.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

There have been proposals about using port boni as a crafting ingredient before. It's all on the table. Devs just need to pick them up if they wanted.

Prior to May 2017, we had a crafting ingredient, selectable, which improved output quality. Ships could be crafted as Green, Blue, Purple, or Gold (quality ascending). If I recall, it was fixed at 200 silver ingots for each crafting quality. To create a gold ship thus required an extra 600 or 800 silver ingots ( I forget the exact set-up) as part of the ingredients.

It provided a guarantee for those of us who were predominately building ships. I miss that function.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ortac said:

Prior to May 2017, we had a crafting ingredient, selectable, which improved output quality. Ships could be crafted as Green, Blue, Purple, or Gold (quality ascending). If I recall, it was fixed at 200 silver ingots for each crafting quality. To create a gold ship thus required an extra 600 or 800 silver ingots ( I forget the exact set-up) as part of the ingredients.

It provided a guarantee for those of us who were predominately building ships. I miss that function.

Sounds great. Was before I joined.

Would be enough to combine your idea and Jan van Santen's so the added expenses raise chances of getting a purple or golden ship while you could insert port boni ( looted from elite fights), but still no guaranteed result. I like unpredictability no matter how much we invest into the higher chance, you should never be able to buy perfection (unless some other player puts it into the shop). So the upmost threshold you could reach by any means maybe would be 60 % for a gold ship. But 80 % for a purple.

• Like 3

Peace Server Quality.

Guarantee crafting ingredient (or selectable ingredient) is a pretty good idea, such as 4 or 5 permanent upgrade slots or a guarantee ship trim, though I do think it should be a singular guarantee and the rest of the crafting randomized (meet the dev’s halfway) .

The Peace Server needs its sale features separate from the pvp server.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

any attempt to "enforce" better building results are doomed

I concur, especially after a recent failed attempt! some guys are just lucky!

It’s very annoying, even tedious, to keep failing after collecting all those resources again and again (1st rates).

Edited by Guest

Add random port boni to crafted ships on pve server just like it was done to  redeemable ships recently

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, z4ys said:

Add random port boni to crafted ships on pve server just like it was done to  redeemable ships recently

More rng is not what this thread is about....

We need less as part of a working crafting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

More rng is not what this thread is about....

We need less as part of a working crafting.

History has proven that when its possible to always craft gold ships that this are the only ships been crafted. Making it impossible for "casuals" to pay those ships and all other ship qualities become a fake feature.  RNG kind of solve that by closing the gap between casual and hardcore player.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

History has proven that when its possible to always craft gold ships that this are the only ships been crafted. Making it impossible for "casuals" to pay those ships and all other ship qualities fake feature.  RNG kind of solve that by closing the gap between casual and hardcore player.

Oh yeah, I forgot about "Historical" Naval Action, like when crafting actually had meaning and yes, Gold ships were and still are king (have yet to see 1 gold ship for sale since release). At the current rate I might get a Gold ship that I want in a few years.

Funny I don't recall ever seeing you on PvE. So maybe keep your PvP thoughts on PvP posts and stick to your YT vids on PvP happenings. This thread is a PvE thread which will be ignored by dev's and as per usual some PvP player needs to derail it with the typical "we know whats best for a server we don't play on" 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, McPoyle said:

PvP player needs to derail

Prove me wrong that a 100% garantee doesnt make all other ship qualities fake.

The only one derailing this topic are you. But I guess less people talking/writing makes a better thread so stuff will get fixed because its of such of a high interest.

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Prove me wrong that a 100% garantee doesnt make all other ship qualities fake.

The only one derailing this topic are you. But I guess less people talking/writing makes a better thread so stuff will get fixed because its of such of a high interest.

I started this thread to try and bring the FACTS of crafting being broke AF on PvE. Hard to derail ones own post. I never asked for 100% guarantee of gold ship builds. The FACT is they are not only rare, but only know of 1 or 2 gold ships of worth being made since release, and I am only being told about them, never seen 1 for sale and don't know any players personally that have built 1. So again, YOU are the one derailing a thread on a topic and server that does not concern you. Stick to your YT vids and PvP issues. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

History has proven that when its possible to always craft gold ships that this are the only ships been crafted. Making it impossible for "casuals" to pay those ships and all other ship qualities become a fake feature.  RNG kind of solve that by closing the gap between casual and hardcore player.

To the point that people who log in once a month will casually of course sink their ship because of their inability and then go on to craft a golden bellona at first try.

Merit needs to be more rewarded. I'm sick and tired of casuals getting everything because of RNG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, z4ys said:

What history ? there never was a guarantee for a golden ship in NA, you simply got that wrong. 

There was a guarantee for 5/5, but it could still be purple no trim 5/5...

Been there, crafted that and had a hard time explaining to the guy whom I crafted it for...

That player btw was casual, because your "history" is wrong again. In those days any player could obtain materials, craft them to intermediates, fedex them from free town near him  to freetown near the crafter, crafter (having the blueprint) would press the button and charge a small fee...

Now we are done with correcting your fake game history...

Second problem with your halfbaked random port boni proposal: why should pvp get port boni they want and pve gets random ?

Have you paid more for your copy of the game than a PvE player so that you feel entitled to first class service while the PvE player draws the short straw all the time ??

I think its about time to enquire with STEAM if it is even legit within their busines policy to make it look like a game has equal pve and pvp servers ..while pve server gaming lacks vital parts of the quality gaming.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 4