Game-Labs Forum

2 weeks in and I have some thoughts!

Jagsdomain

First. Its very immersive and there is alot of help on this and the steam forum. Some one did a very extensive artilcal about artillery.

2. The game run very smoothly. It very enjoyable how everything moves.

3. I am hoping that a random battle generator cpuld be creative. After you go through the campaign you have done all the mission. Having a random generator would be cool.

3. So far I have done the basic set up. 3 infantry and 1 arty.

Has anyone experamented with skirmishers or sniper skirmishers? Calvery and so on?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Regular skirmishers are hard to make effective. Sniper skirmishers in combination with long range artillery can eventually can break the game.

The J&P Rebalance mod has some extra randomization elements intended for the campaign battles. It's not fully random battles but it can vary things quite a bit. Once you start to get tired of the base game it might be worth checking out.

1 hour ago, pandakraut said:

Regular skirmishers are hard to make effective. Sniper skirmishers in combination with long range artillery can eventually can break the game.

The J&P Rebalance mod has some extra randomization elements intended for the campaign battles. It's not fully random battles but it can vary things quite a bit. Once you start to get tired of the base game it might be worth checking out.

Thanks. I will start looking at mods. Whether I can figure out how to install them is another question !

The base game is great. With a little know how you could change the uniforms and stats on gun and take this game to US Revolution or Napoleon or any 1600 hundereds to 1900 hundred battles.

Edited by Jagsdomain

1 hour ago, pandakraut said:

Do wonded officers recover from being wounded?

• 1 month later...

The more battles you play the more you will learn.

I also have my own ideas on how to defeat the enemy in regards to type of troops used.

I am much in favour of the good old fashioned infantryman.

In all my battles I probably have a higher ratio of infantry to cavalry and artillery, than others. But it works for me (most times I hope).

I am always open to ideas. But feel I have a method that works for me.

Regards

Jagsdomain,

Cavalry and skirmishers are very good at going after supply trains and artillery units.

Allow skirmishers to get into firing range of an artillery unit, fire a salvo, and then charge the artillery until the artillery unit is decimated.  If the artillery is 3-4 times the manpower of the skirmisher unit, send two units to fire and then charge.

If going after a supply train, hit the no-fire button for either the skirmisher or the cavalry, and when within range (orange shows up on the target unit) then charge.  You wish to capture the supply train for your own side's use, and not necessarily destroy it.  This is especially true for the Southern side.

Skirmishers in woods and forest can slow down enemy brigades.

--Gael

• Like 1