Game-Labs Forum

[WTF] CptTrojan gaming BR mechanics by joining opposing side.

[WTF] CptTrojan joined the Dutch side to open the BR for his clan mates and lock the BR on the Dutch side so no help could come. Exploiting mechanics allowing ONLY pirates to join both sides. Done intentionally.

CheatingWTF.png

1 minute ago, Liberalism said:

Legal game mechanic, was reported already dozens of times. You used it as well, before the wipe. That's what we get as replacement to outlaw battles :) 

The same clan joining both sides is bullcrap though. :)

• Like 3

Alright well it's time to address the pirates having the ability to join both sides of any battle at any time. They're the only nation who are able to once joined on one side, join the other side as well. This is clearly a calculated decision, not done on accident and I think the player in question should receive punishment for exploiting loose game mechanics in poor taste.

3 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

That's why we need normal RoE + reworked outlaw battles.

Thing is though outlaw battles would also make PvP missions unbalanced, as it would be abused to hell and back. :D

Also why should pirates get a "special" mechanic?

Edited by LegoLarry

3 minutes ago, LegoLarry said:

Thing is though outlaw battles would also make PvP missions unbalanced, as it would be abused to hell and back. :D

That's why you'll get neither, because pirates have history of doing this every chance they get.
Pirates will actually end up getting removed, which is fine with me because they were never suppose to be a nation in the first place.
Being a pirate would make a great punishment for people who insist on breaking ROE or insist on showing poor sportsmanship.
That's where pirates belong, and if they enjoy being a menace so much they can stay there.

Edited by Slim McSauce

7 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Legal game mechanic, was reported already dozens of times. You used it as well, before the wipe. That's what we get as replacement to outlaw battles :) 

Pretty sure admins ruled that if you join a battle you must have an intent to fight (do you not remember the tribual post about tagging simply to grief?). 

If a WTF player joins on one side and the rest of WTF joins on the other with no intention to fight each other then that is not legit. CptTrojan left the battle immediately after he was able to leave.

EDIT: ALSO I have used the pirates mechanic to join against other pirates WITH THE INTENT TO KILL. In fact we all died trying.

Edited by Guest

Was there any ninja patch ? I saw battle 1vs2, battle was running already 9 minutes when i joined .. i joined side with 2 AI who had lower BR than player, so i thought when BR equalize, battle will close. But another player could join on the other side with 1 guy who originally had higher BR, so how does it work ?? :D

4 hours ago, Flinch said:

EDIT: ALSO I have used the pirates mechanic to join against other pirates WITH THE INTENT TO KILL. In fact we all died trying.

That you did. 

As with the hostility joining to spawn ships currently in tribunal, the intent needs to clearly be defined as    "you join a battle to fight, not to grief"  anything beyond that should be tribunal worthy.  That is of course if @Ink gets around to answering tribunals...which has not been getting done.

Easy solution for this since we don't have pirates FFA is to treat all battles as if they are pirates FFA.   If a pirate joins either side any one on either side including other pirates can fire on them.  There is NO GREEN ON GREEN if a player is a pirates, your treated as Red team not matter what side and even against your own clan mates.....period.   You just get no rewards if on same side of battle is all.  That way it can't be abused for farming and since Pirates can't start Pirate vs Pirate battles they can't abuse it that way.  

LETS MAKE PIRATES TRUE HARD CORE THAT EVERY ONE HATES EVEN OTHER PIRATES.    

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Alright well it's time to address the pirates having the ability to join both sides of any battle at any time. They're the only nation who are able to once joined on one side, join the other side as well. This is clearly a calculated decision, not done on accident and I think the player in question should receive punishment for exploiting loose game mechanics in poor taste.

the problem is that it isnt a exploit, its a broken ass game mechanic that have been adressed several times to the devs

7 hours ago, Flinch said:

Pretty sure admins ruled that if you join a battle you must have an intent to fight (do you not remember the tribual post about tagging simply to grief?). 

If a WTF player joins on one side and the rest of WTF joins on the other with no intention to fight each other then that is not legit. CptTrojan left the battle immediately after he was able to leave.

what forces the player to suck at aiming though? what is defined as "Intent to fight", if i am a pirate and join like WTF players did, but i shoot for top masts from 500 meters with ball or Grape, you cant blame the player for not having the knowledge about it not penetrating.

2 hours ago, van der Clam said:

This I agree with. Clanmates should be required to join same side, but not other rats clans.

Well if this is case for pirates then should the same for all nations.

Why should pirates have "special" mechanics,  they are like any other nation with a different flag.

• Like 1

What about when someone joins your side of the battle to 'help you' just so they can see exactly when you leave the battle so they can tag you right after. We need clan alliances (from different nations) so players can only join a battle if there's at least one players belonging to an allied clan in that side of the battle...

• Like 1

Автору темы, так хочется думать, что есть нарушение, что не видит других вариантов, например, никто не подумал, что игрок просто перепутал круг, поэтому и вышел из боя.Так или иначе, но в игре уже стало нормой, что толпа гоняет одного, собрались кучкой и ищут жертву, в большинстве случаев одна сторона превосходит другую.

Edited by Pinochet

2 hours ago, Never said:

What about when someone joins your side of the battle to 'help you' just so they can see exactly when you leave the battle so they can tag you right after. We need clan alliances (from different nations) so players can only join a battle if there's at least one players belonging to an allied clan in that side of the battle...

Actually this, as well as inter nation clan disputes.

21 hours ago, o7Captain said:

Was there any ninja patch ? I saw battle 1vs2, battle was running already 9 minutes when i joined .. i joined side with 2 AI who had lower BR than player, so i thought when BR equalize, battle will close. But another player could join on the other side with 1 guy who originally had higher BR, so how does it work ?? :D

Battle closes when BR ratio is equal (BR difference <13%). So when you joined,  BR was pushed over so that the other side was now the weak side. So the other side was then open for reinforcements. Works as intended. 

https://naction.info/index.php/Rules_of_Engagement

4 hours ago, Staunberg said:

First solution and simple one is to remove the mechanic from the pirates ore give it to all Nations.

Even with alliance system this RoE will be abused. Pirates can do it with mechanic, rest just use an alt. Been plenty of cases allready on this.

Alliances system wont fix this RoE. Fine ppl argue for alliance,  but use a broken RoE and pirate mechanic, and try to sell alliance system as the solution, is just wrong.

Some cryed of griefing and multi tag. This RoE should solve it. My good it did😂😂😂

Alts wouldn't be able to get around clan alliances, nation alliances would not work and could be exploited by alts. But you can't get some random alt into a clan to exploit joining battles with underhanded tactics. 

On 7/20/2019 at 3:37 PM, Flinch said:

[WTF] CptTrojan joined the Dutch side to open the BR for his clan mates and lock the BR on the Dutch side so no help could come. Exploiting mechanics allowing ONLY pirates to join both sides. Done intentionally.

CheatingWTF.png

a good example again 

why this is not the way it should go...

it's a deliberate action to overcome the game system

i call it actually game breakers 

and should actually be punished with a ban hammer.... if i was a mod ....or a developer ....

give me a good example in history where nations in war  [ships] joined the other side to shoot on his own.

{they would be shot on sight}

next time warn him and  just shoot him out of the water and let it come to trial  lets see how corrupt the admiralty can be....

remember spies were hanged and shot on sight... for being  just a spy.. 

it would be nice when he came out of the battle and remained dutch at least 14 days ...(punishment enough)

\

but since we have a corrupt communist system  ...well...... you have the answer!

Edited by Thonys

On 7/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, LegoLarry said:

Also why should pirates get a "special" mechanic?

1. Why do you think in false correlations? Outlaw Battles would not necessarily affect PvP Missions. Developers could make such kills not count towards PvP missions. 

2. Why do you think only pirates should get this mechanic? Another biased correlation. 

Be more open minded - this mechanic could be introduced to every nation, and it could be implemented without mission exploits. 

It's not just possible to implement, it's a fairly easy algorithm that appears in part in other aspects of the game.

For example: Mission Instance Kills do not count towards Search and Destroy missions. 

52 minutes ago, Tenet said:

1. Why do you think in false correlations? Outlaw Battles would not necessarily affect PvP Missions. Developers could make such kills not count towards PvP missions. 

2. Why do you think only pirates should get this mechanic? Another biased correlation. 

I think outlaw battles and ability to join both sides of a battle should be available to nobody and should be removed for all.

So easy to abuse as in this tribuneral.

In short it's a shit mechanic and badly thought through. This is seen when as you suggest to change all other mechanics for this one?

As for biased opinion, I guess thinking mechanic is poor and create more problems than it gives benefits is biased.

Sorry i think is bad overall.

Edited by LegoLarry

On 7/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, No longer active said:

I think outlaw battles and ability to join both sides of a battle should be available to nobody and should be removed for all.

So easy to abuse as in this tribuneral.

In short it's a shit mechanic and badly thought through. This is seen when as you suggest to change all other mechanics for this one?

As for biased opinion, I guess thinking mechanic is poor and create more problems than it gives benefits is biased.

Sorry i think is bad overall.

and whats to prevent players who own multiple copies of the game from joining the other side to do this exact same thing but using alts.

17 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

and whats to prevent players who own multiple copies of the game from joining the other side to do this exact same thing but using alts.

nothing. And this is ok as long as the joining alt plays for the side he joined.