Game-Labs Forum
Raithmore

Question about ship woods for a brawler frigate

Hello Everyone,

If I was thinking of making an Indefatigable and outfitting it with all carronades in the hopes of being the type of ship to be played as a brawler for kill missions and open sea hunting on PVE server, what would be good wood choices?  I’d be trying to get in close right away and just outgun the opponent aggressively.  

Is it best to just push armor thickness and sacrifice speed and handling (and say pick something like LO/WO)?

Is it best to not lose speed and handling and chose something like teak/wo?

Or perhaps different combination?  

Thank you in advance for your responses

Raithmore

Teak/wo or WO/WO. You can always boost your speed or thickness with no downsides, raw armor points is harder to boost without sacrificing something else.

Posted (edited)

The point about WO/WO is it gives you HP and thats why is best to go side by side with enemy ship and exchange broadsides.

I would advice you LO/WO, cause it gives you more thickness, so if you angle after you broadside, there is a higher chance enemy broadside ricochets. 

Dont use any speedbuilds (TE/WO) in PVE, because you can escape from anyone your size,

just by going slightly upwind (against the wind). Enemy ship often tags unnecessary and let you escape

Edited by Poryv