Game-Labs Forum

Count The Kills for PVP Hunt in Portbattles

8 minutes ago, Knuddel said:

Would be nice if those Kills in Portbattles would be counted in PVP hunt MIssions. The Screeners gets all the Fun and Revards... just my point of View

Kinda sad that winning a port is less rewarding for a single player than screening imo.

Maybe add a seperate missions for PB kills? @admin

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

Screeners use usually throwaway ships and suicide or kite. Port battle players use the most expensive ships with the most expensive mods, best guns. I think it's clear risk/reward ratio here.

10 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

So, portbattle means high risk and high reward ... screening means low risk and low reward ... What is the problem then?

It is not a question of risk/reward at all, it is a question of doing what has to be done to defend a port, if a nation wants to attain victory by sending overwhelming forces believing they cannot lose there is no point in complaining that they are screened out by inferior forces, any attacker who is arrogant enough to think that they will always win using superior ships and mods deserves to be taught differently and this is what is happening here, nothing more, nothing less.

It is no different to the fate of Napoleons army when they invaded Russia, the Russian army did not beat Napoleon, Russia's winter beat Napoleon, and it was sound military tactics by the Russians  to take advantage of of their Winter to win their war, so it is, with any nation who uses small ships to screen out a superior force, you use what you have to best advantage, sometimes you will win, sometimes you will lose,  but as the British like to say, 'all is fair in love and war'. 

These 'Kamikaze' Screener's get no tangible reward for what they do, unlike the VM's that the overwhelming force would get if they got into the PB and destroyed a fleet incapable of it;s own defence, never mind the port, yet they go out time after time to defend with courage and honour, to the best of their ability, there is I think a great deal of satisfaction  among screener's when they know that these great ships of the line also get no reward when they are sent packing by a 'rag tag navy' with inferior mods, perhaps, then, our enemies had better pray that we remain so, for, if we actually 'git gud' as some tell us to do, who knows what we may achieve?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

So, portbattle means high risk and high reward ... screening means low risk and low reward ... What is the problem then?

Screening isn tlow risk. if you catch the PB Fleet, you have to go for the Mortar Briggs.. Wich means you have to go trough the enemy Fleet. Iam always on Screen Duty, and in my expiernce, defending Screening means you usually lose your Ship.

• Like 1

I dont think anyone is advocating to lessen ow pvp rewards (screening), just maybe bump rewards for pb kills (having them count towards pvp missions) because sinking experienced players who are also sailing top of the line ships/mods is, to put it mildly, a pain in the ass, and imho are the hardest kills to get. Having those kills not count when you can just go to another nations waters after maint and farm indiamen for 4-5 mission seems a little wack.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Knuddel said:

Would be nice if those Kills in Portbattles would be counted in PVP hunt MIssions. The Screeners gets all the Fun and Revards... just my point of View

they are counted

pvp hunts are affected by port battles. But there is one disclaimer. If you have already killed this steam ID in this hunt mission you do not get the rewards. This feature drastically reduced farming and exploiting. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

• Like 15

38 minutes ago, admin said:

If you have already killed this steam ID in this hunt mission you do not get the rewards.

This burns you when you encounter a player with a fleet.  You kill his lead ship and when you jump on his surviving ship in OW it doesn't go towards your mission.  Was this intended also?

1 hour ago, admin said:

they are counted

pvp hunts are affected by port battles. But there is one disclaimer. If you have already killed this steam ID in this hunt mission you do not get the rewards. This feature drastically reduced farming and exploiting. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Didn't know about this, dont change it.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Is there a cooldown on this, or any mediating mechanic?

Just last night I fought and sank the same guy 3 times, since he came out to defend his home area. Is the intent to not give hunt/pvp hunt mission progression when this happens?

1 hour ago, Doug Maoz said:

Is there a cooldown on this, or any mediating mechanic?

Just last night I fought and sank the same guy 3 times, since he came out to defend his home area. Is the intent to not give hunt/pvp hunt mission progression when this happens?

If so, it is just a minor annoyance to prevent a much bigger plague: the alt farming for pvp marks.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This burns you when you encounter a player with a fleet.  You kill his lead ship and when you jump on his surviving ship in OW it doesn't go towards your mission.  Was this intended also?

Fleet ships don't count anyway for the pvp hunt missions 

4 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

it should reset every x of time tbh

From what i gather, the same steamid counts only once for a specific "pvp hunt". Looks good.

So, if i have 2 pvp hunts, one for 5-4 rates, another for 1-3 rates, i can sink same player twince, once in a rate 5 and in PB in a rate 1, and same player will count twice but once for each the different  missions.

That's how i interpret what @admin wrote.

8 hours ago, admin said:

they are counted

This sounds like a good compromise feature. I was wondering if it applies only to a specific mission. For example, the other day I killed a player in his 6th rate. That counted in my 6-7 rate PVP mission. He jumped out for revenge in his Herc and I killed him again. I didn’t notice whether it did or didn’t but should this have counted in my 5th rate PVP mission?

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, Liberalism said:

Screeners use usually throwaway ships and suicide or kite. Port battle players use the most expensive ships with the most expensive mods, best guns. I think it's clear risk/reward ratio here.

Using Expensiv ships should be more Revarded than suicide...

On 7/19/2019 at 4:55 PM, admin said:

they are counted

That they are counted is nice but we fight very often the same enemy Danish VS Russia, so it would be nice if you count the Kills between  and i think no alt is doing 3 PVP kills between getting Farmed again. so i am very shure that in the Last portbattle my kill wasnt counted. 

Edited by Knuddel