Game-Labs Forum

Weekly Frigate

"Weekly challenge for rank 5." Both HMS Indefatigable and the USS Frigates doesent go under the Rank 5 therm, is this because they are classified as 4th Rate and 3rd Rates, because the picture shows the USS United States, but thats a lineship since it counts on the Ships of the Line mission. Is this correct? Alot of it doesent make sense šŸ˜•Ā 

image.png

38 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

I always thought the image was of a Frigate. heh

its of the USS United States, 15 gundeck cannons, 12 weatherdeckĀ  cannons, 4 square sails on foreyard and main mast and 3 sails at the mizzen along with closed bow, with no bow figure. its 100% the USS United States, and counts as a ship of the line kill

Edited by Guest

I still can't get over the weird world where the USS Constitution and United States are 3rd rates, They are solid 4th rates and should be balanced accordingly. There is far too much of a lobby trying to push them to be godly ships capable of far more than they were historically both in a combative and sailing sense and the move to make them 3rd rates seems the obvious result of that push to make them much better than they really are. The Idea they both have better health than Wasa and similar structure values to Bellona is just frankly disappointing.

The 3 ships should be 4th rates no questions asked, with Endymion being the heaviest 5th.

Making them third rates makes them worse. The thing could have 20k hp base and still would not see use its to slow/low maneuver, undergunned and under crewed. Hell the thing was the lowest preforming fourth even with the hp buffs a 4th will still hug a USS down or just board the thing.Ā 

My favorite though is "ship rate is based off tonnage" ok cool so why does the connie lose its bow to the inger and heavier 4ths. Or the wasa to all 4ths. Or my favorite the St pavel to the Wappen. Clearly wappen bias confirmed

Now that I have some experience with the Constitution I have to say the ship does not deserve to be a 3rd rate, nor does it deserve to be a 4th rate.

The rating system is just not very good, you have the 5th rates for example where apparently a cerberus and an endymion belong in the same tier. There need to be 'game tiers' that actually make sense, can't use historical ratings for game purposes.

5 minutes ago, Raf Van Boom said:

Now that I have some experience with the Constitution I have to say the ship does not deserve to be a 3rd rate, nor does it deserve to be a 4th rate.

The rating system is just not very good, you have the 5th rates for example where apparently a cerberus and an endymion belong in the same tier. There need to be 'game tiers' that actually make sense, can't use historical ratings for game purposes.

IMO the Connie is a 4th rate, the USS might be a 3rd rate, and the Cerb and Endy do not belong in the same rate class. The devs stated that these rates are not historical, which I would guess means the in game rate system is almost like tiers. However, they would have to make the 5th rates have like a 5BĀ rate for Light (or Early) Frigs and a 5A rate for Heavy (or Late) Frigs.

Rate 5B = BR 100-220
Rate 5A = BR 220-280

or leave room for future ships

Rate 5C = BR 100-160
Rate 5B = BR 160-220
Rate 5A = BR 220-280

4th and 3rd rates could be split up into 2 BR ratings also. Of course, this would require all Missions to be broader than just 5th Rate Weekly or 4th Rate Kill Missions.

I totally agree and would support the suggestion of van der Calm. Since the game already uses the BR system they could split them. Of course it would be "some more extra" work for the devs, but may have a good outcome.

About USS Coni ans US they could be the top of the 4th rate class since they were called"super frigates".

On 7/18/2019 at 9:17 AM, Caswyn St-George said:

I totally agree and would support the suggestion of van der Calm. Since the game already uses the BR system they could split them. Of course it would be "some more extra" work for the devs, but may have a good outcome.

About USS Coni ans US they could be the top of the 4th rate class since they were called"super frigates".

they're not top of the 4th rate, they are 4th rate frigates in the middle therm i would say and should be slightly able to fight a 64 gunner lineship just as indefatigable is a really light 4th rate or heavy 5th rate since its a stripped down Agamemnon.