Game-Labs Forum
admin

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

50 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

And a blacked out Prince!   🙂

I clicked like on your comment, UNTIL I noticed it came from you! Hehe. Now Gregory has a small ship equal....Vernon the Prince Master.

Edited by van der Clam
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

I clicked like on your comment, UNTIL I noticed it came from you! Hehe. Now Gregory has a small ship equal....Vernon the Prince Master.

To be fair, I have ALWAYS argued for a mechanic that allowed for the ability to only loot a ship and give it back....  

For what that’s worth.....  😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

To be fair, I have ALWAYS argued for a mechanic that allowed for the ability to only loot a ship and give it back....  

For what that’s worth.....  😀

Actually, that should be an option to release a captain and his ship after looting it. Happened in IRL, rarely. Would be nice if we actually had captain characters that had a life span....almost like the character attempt we had years ago.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Every journey has the potential to be “interrupted”

As good as it gets then.

30 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Comfortable sustainable deliveries are going going… !

More like long range trading with real goods into foreign ports is gone.

Hypothetically, our TBrig fleet could be on the run from an AGGRESSIVE BELLONA, chasing us from port to port, is that what kind of aggressive AI we can expect, wouldn't that be fun!

15 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Hypothetically, our TBrig fleet could be on the run from an AGGRESSIVE BELLONA, chasing us from port to port, is that what kind of aggressive AI we can expect, wouldn't that be fun!

I'm certain the devs mean the aggressive Bellona will be chasing you away from only same nation Capital Zones...not just willy nilly out in the open anywhere. *fingers crossed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, admin said:

NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR)

32 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

I'm certain the devs mean the aggressive Bellona will be chasing you away from only same nation Capital Zones...not just willy nilly out in the open anywhere. *fingers crossed 

yeah, “fingers crossed", clarification of chasing Bellona’s is probably a good idea.    

Edited by BuckleUpBones
  • Like 1

Probably just within friendly territory. He says RVR too so a possibility of sending AI fleets to attack enemy ports nearby.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 hour ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Except the ai will be as dense and stupid as before..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I'm dreading this aggressive AI. Sail out of capital. Get attacked by British AI brig. Fml.

Not like we've tried that one before..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Koveras said:

Except the ai will be as dense and stupid as before..

Keep it polite please, especially in feedback threads. - H. Darby

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby

17 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

You think you can trust this AI to do anything competently? i cant wait for this to land and laugh my tits off, unfortunately this natural progression will seem like an infuriating regression.

Belongs in a single player game.

• Like 4

how about a trader brig attacked by a mercury or a navy brig 10 times in one run (in vp  waters - i suddenly see the use of it ) 

if the noobies are not killed by players the AI will take care of it.

i just don't see the point of having this 

what must i say to my new noobs..... just sail out in a trader brig, earn some money for a start ...... and get a ....surprise  ?

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thonys said:

how about a trader brig attacked by a mercury or a navy brig 10 times in one run (in vp  waters - i suddenly see the use of it ) 

if the noobies are not killed by players the AI will take care of it.

When has trading ever involved sailing through enemy territory? You do deliver missions to and from your own ports.
And here's an idea, when in enemy territory, don't sail blindly into the enemy?
In other MMO's if you pull 10 mobs, you're the idiot.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

not sure i have missed it, but what about trading with the goods in the outposts

is this abandoned? 

3 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Like the people who are already moaning about it. Aggressive AI is a natural progression, you should've expected that can't just run through a blockade of 10 AI fleets within your horizon and not expect anyone of them to take exception to your presents 

Either u don't know anything about the timeframe and/or haven't played NA from the start. We've tried aggresive AI before - there's a reason why it was removed. Aggresive AI is basically a return to the reinforcementzones except it'll be all along the frontlines as well.

If people want their homewaters safe - they should go out and make them safe. If ppl want to do PvE - go to the PvE server.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Koveras said:

If people want their homewaters safe - they should go out and make them safe. If ppl want to do PvE - go to the PvE server.

It's not either/or. We have AI ships. If this was a pure PVP server there would be no AI at all. Other MMO's, their AI have aggressive behavior. It's interesting and plays into the dynamic. I would argue if you wanted another nations home waters to be vulnerable to attack, go there and destroy the AI defenders surround it.

Edited by Slim McSauce