Game-Labs Forum
admin

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

On 7/18/2019 at 12:06 AM, H982 FKL said:

This NEEDS to be done right, it can really screw a lot of people over, especially solo hunters.

Do you also have plans to update the storm mechanics. Yesterday there was a storm at almost every free port at the same time. It meant sitting in port for 45 minutes waiting for it to pass to be able to hunt. Not fun

Sounds like a fantastic time to go trading

• Like 1

I wonder if developers can introduce more craftable and tradeable items to the game ?, old system was very good,or  at least introduce gold and silver mines to melt raw ore with coal and maybe iron to make reals and doublons? For example silver mine can produce ore worth100k-200k reals, and gold mine level 3 maybe 1000-2000 doublons worth gold ore?Then you will be able to hunt down silver or gold fleet of indiamans!

On 10/12/2019 at 4:32 PM, admin said:

Chinese invasion is under consideration.

We need to add the forum though for china on another software. as our and most western forum providers has blank bans in China .

Is discord banned in china?

Hello, administrator, I am the representative from the British DF clan. We are a clan composed entirely of Chinese. All the Chinese clans and we are very interested in adding china as a nation. We have a few questions to ask: First, Whether adding China to the game has been decided? Second, If it has been determined, what do we need to do to achieve it? Third, does China have a Capital? Thank you. Please reply.

• Like 3

I think they should add China to the game. We have Russians, Prussians why not China? 

• Like 1

Maybe the problem could be how to give them a capital and other towns, from which nation you will take it? the owners will have a compensation? Or maybe add the south america and the pacific ocean side so they could start from there.

not sure this is correct threat , but  can we have a 

Warehouse master ( DLC )

How to be a better warehouse leader is a great goal to have. As you may have guessed, leadership skills are highly prized in the workplace. This is especially true for those charged with managing or supervising warehouse workers, which can be a challenge even for experienced leaders.

adding :

15* selling slot contracts

15* buying slot contracts

5 port slots

3 ship slots (3 traderbrig in fleet for example)

reason :

.to make the most of the warehouse issues per port .

.overcome alts buying, and login alts issues at the same time. (especially the older guys  boys / girls with no boxie app)

.we have so much things to sell  to trade or to make a upgrade or building a ship  that game only give a fraction of those products

.to have access to the buyer (because of slot shortage, no trade possible )

.more trade fun.

.keep the trade industry going. 

* why 15 

instead of another number,   that is simple..... a alt is 10, 

it is cheaper to buy a warehouse master than  a alt

ps.... i want to buy 2 of those......  :)

it seems it is in the wrong section can iot be moved to the correct one  pls..

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

I think they should add China to the game. We have Russians, Prussians why not China? 

Why not Austria or Portugal? Or the flags of all those countries as selectable flags ingame.

I think also China is fully ok, including their correct flags.

2 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Maybe the problem could be how to give them a capital and other towns, from which nation you will take it? the owners will have a compensation? Or maybe add the south america and the pacific ocean side so they could start from there.

Make china a hardcore nation like russia prussia and poland, that is if you want it added, all non historic caribbean powers/colony holders, should be hardcore imo is the fairest way to balance history and gameplay. 

• Like 1

I think only nations in game should be those historically present in Caribbean and AI only. All players should be pirates, sailing under their own flag, national,  like British pirates or French pirates, or any other more or less custom flag. 

• Like 3

Where are the privateer fleets protecting capitals, they seem to have suddenly disappeared,  it would be nice to see some consistency or does this only apply to some nations

4 hours ago, Captain Clark said:

Where are the privateer fleets protecting capitals, they seem to have suddenly disappeared,  it would be nice to see some consistency or does this only apply to some nations

They were all over KPR and MT yesterday.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, admin said:

Update to knowledge and book systems

Any hints on this stuff?  My main concern is the knowledge we already have.  It took a great deal of effort to acquire this knowledge and I would hate to have to start all over again.  If a book is modified, will we still own the book?

On 7/17/2019 at 2:51 PM, admin said:

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics) - in progress
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books - in progress

content update 3: Welcome to the Caribbean - Seasonal update

• New player experience mission and improvements - in progress

Hope some of this will come before New Year and with some new ships.
@admin Also the question: will there be any preliminary info or hints about at least some changes (especially about new player expirience and missions), so people here can whine and/or suggest some things or point on some possible problems?

22 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Any hints on this stuff?  My main concern is the knowledge we already have.  It took a great deal of effort to acquire this knowledge and I would hate to have to start all over again.  If a book is modified, will we still own the book?

I think, they will probably use same pattern as when they changed crafting levels and added new player ranks - you still have the same XP, but they were distributed slightly differently. Also when once some books were changed to modules (FX: Fireship Books and Open Magazine Book) - you lost the books, but if you had them installed on ships that time, you still could keep them in the slots till you remove them.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, admin said:

Hello Captains

We would like to share the development plans for the second half of 2019

Content updates will be provided with less frequency as they will require more testing due to live status of the game.

content update 1: Treacherous waters - Traditional update with 2-3 patches

• Raids on ports
  • NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR)
  • Massive Painter DLC and looted Paint Chest update. - done
  • Final localization update including additions of some approved community translation to game client - partially done
  • Wind patches in OW
  • Fun pvp/pve items (Loki and Ship Logs)
  • ROE update for patrols - done

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics) - in progress
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books - in progress

content update 3: Welcome to the Caribbean - Seasonal update

• New player experience mission and improvements - in progress

content update 4: Chatham Chest - Seasonal update

• New progression system (including for crew)
  • Veteran ranks
  • Perk system revamp and improvements
  • Update to knowledge and book systems

Update 18 Dec

• Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial) - Moved out from content update (ETA Unknown)
  • Content update 2 and 3 will be combined into one.

Ship plan (sequence)

• Redoutable
  • Implacable
  • Wrecker
  • HMS Victory Classic
  • Rotterdam combat Indiaman

So many new ships!

When can we expect to sail them? (I'm screaming like a kid looking at his Chritsmas's gifts)

Combat Indiaman has great potential. 

On 12/18/2019 at 5:25 PM, jnovotny6 said:

whats wrecker?

Wrecker

82j8toM.jpg

Redoutable

Redoutable_featured.jpg&a=b

Implacable

le-pluton-74guns.jpg

Rotterdam

the-navys-frigate-rotterdam-on-the-maas-

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

What has happened with Montanes?

It was the most voted third rate, way more than Temerarie and Wreker, and it is not even in the ship development plans. 

Spain is lacking ships ingame but still more french and british ships are added without any news from Montanes. And Diana is a ship that you can only receive as a gift from devs, so only the Santisima is there to represent the Spanish Navy.

perhaps detailed plans are lacking? Devs do try to keep true to the originals

40 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

HMS Victory Classic (a model of the Victory with balconies) has a higher priority than Montanes, which is not even mentioned. 

Come on.

If you knew what 'balconnet' means in French, you would understand why a Victory (or a Victoria) with 'balconies' is an high priority !

• Like 3

a bra with low-cut cups and straps that are set far apart, designed to give uplift to the breasts and create cleavage.

• Like 2

Do we know which Rotterdam we're getting? Threedecks.org lists like 21 ships with that name, including quite a few which sound like they'd be about the size I'd expect a "combat Indiaman" to be.