Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

On ā€Ž7ā€Ž/ā€Ž17ā€Ž/ā€Ž2019 at 8:51 AM, admin said:

Update to knowledge and book systems

Any hints on this stuff?Ā  My main concern is the knowledge we already have.Ā  It took a great deal of effort to acquire this knowledge and I would hate to have to start all over again.Ā  If a book is modified, will we still own the book?

On 7/17/2019 at 2:51 PM, admin said:

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics) - in progress
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books - in progress

content update 3: Welcome to the Caribbean - Seasonal update

• New player experience missionĀ and improvements - in progress

Hope some of this will come before New Year and with some new ships.
@admin Also the question: will there be any preliminary info or hints about at least some changes (especially about new player expirience and missions), so people here can whine and/or suggest some things or point on some possible problems?

22 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Any hints on this stuff?Ā  My main concern is the knowledge we already have.Ā  It took a great deal of effort to acquire this knowledge and I would hate to have to start all over again.Ā  If a book is modified, will we still own the book?

I think, they will probably use same pattern as when they changed crafting levels and added new player ranks - you still have the same XP, but they were distributed slightly differently. Also when once some books were changed to modules (FX: Fireship Books and Open Magazine Book) - you lost the books, but if you had them installed on ships that time, you still could keep them in the slots till you remove them.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, admin said:

Hello Captains

We would like to share the development plansĀ for the second half of 2019

Content updates will be provided with less frequency as they will require more testing due to live status of the game.

content update 1: Treacherous waters - Traditional update with 2-3 patches

• Raids on ports
  • NPC Aggression (both in the worldĀ and in RVR)
  • Massive Painter DLC and lootedĀ Paint Chest update. - done
  • Final localization update including additions of some approved community translation to game client - partially done
  • Wind patches in OW
  • Fun pvp/pve items (Loki and Ship Logs)
  • ROE update for patrols - done

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics) - in progress
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books - in progress

content update 3: Welcome to the Caribbean - Seasonal update

• New player experience missionĀ and improvements - in progress

content update 4: Chatham Chest - Seasonal update

• New progression system (including for crew)
  • Veteran ranks
  • Perk system revamp and improvements
  • Update to knowledge and book systems

Ā 

Update 18 Dec

Ā 

• Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial) - Moved out from content update (ETA Unknown)
  • Content update 2 and 3 will be combined into one.
    Ā 

Ship plan (sequence)

• Redoutable
  • Implacable
  • Wrecker
  • HMS Victory Classic
  • Rotterdam combat Indiaman

So many new ships!

When can we expect to sail them? (I'm screaming like a kid looking at his Chritsmas's gifts)

59 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

What has happened with Montanes?

It was the most voted third rate, way more than Temerarie and Wreker, and it is not even in the ship development plans.Ā 

Spain is lacking ships ingame but still more french and british ships are added without any news from Montanes. And Diana is a ship that you can only receive as a gift from devs, so only the Santisima is there to represent the Spanish Navy.

perhaps detailed plans are lacking? Devs do try to keep true to the originals

40 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

HMS Victory Classic (a model of the Victory with balconies) has a higher priority than Montanes, which is not even mentioned.Ā 

Come on.

If you knew what 'balconnet' means in French, you would understand why a Victory (or a Victoria) with 'balconies' is an high priority !

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Arvenski said:

Do we know which Rotterdam we're getting? Threedecks.org lists like 21 ships with that name, including quite a few which sound like they'd be about the size I'd expect a "combat Indiaman" to be.Ā 

Admin was looking for a reference lately. It was a paint of an Indiaman stern called Rotterdam which may never been build. So the combat indiaman that we will get may be based on the pictures (plan and pictures were proposed, but by what we found out, never been build)

So it might be a recreation just like the generic frigate based on similar ships.

• 1 month later...

@adminĀ this may already be in the plan but part of the new player experience should be 1. Basics of purchasing a ship, repairs, and cannons, and thenĀ outfitting the ship. 2. Taking Econ missions and what ships you can use to fulfill them and where 3. I feel like I see a good number of questions related on how to board/capture or loot. That may need more as well. 4. Remind new captains that the tutorials are a must but the exams ā€” at least as currently designed ā€” are not mandatory to complete right away. Ā Thanks.Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Farrago said:

@adminĀ this may already be in the plan but part of the new player experience should be 1. Basics of purchasing a ship, repairs, and cannons, and thenĀ outfitting the ship. 2. Taking Econ missions and what ships you can use to fulfill them and where 3. I feel like I see a good number of questions related on how to board/capture or loot. That may need more as well. 4. Remind new captains that the tutorials are a must but the exams ā€” at least as currently designed ā€” are not mandatory to complete right away. Ā Thanks.Ā 

#3 is addressed in the tutorials.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, Daniel-syy said:

Hello, administrator, I am the representative from the British DF clan. We are a clan composed entirely of Chinese. All the Chinese clans and we are very interested in adding china as a nation. We have a few questions to ask: First, Whether adding China to the game has been decided? Second, If it has been determined, what do we need to do to achieve it? Third, does China have a Capital? Thank you. Please reply.

This will be a great move to bring China as a Nation, into the Game and should have there own capital . This will help game numbers and DLC Sales

2 hours ago, adriancairns said:

This will be a great move to bring China as a Nation, into the Game and should have there own capital . This will help game numbers and DLC Sales

- You will respect everyone and not use such posts in this forum. Warning issued - Hethwill, the moderation team

2 hours ago, adriancairns said:

But it would decrease the authenticy further byĀ a large margin - I know we already hadĀ that, butĀ what didĀ China, Russia, Prussia and Poland have to do with the Carribean in the Age of Sail???

I mean iā€˜m German, but i donā€˜t want(ed) Prussia or anyĀ other German state of that time to be in game, because they simply held no real possesions in the Carribean!

Edit: Introducing China into the game would nag at the authentincy even more, because as far as i know, they didnā€˜t even sailed the type of ships the game is about!

Okay, granted, they also had ships with sails onĀ them, but ...

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

But it would decrease the authenticy further byĀ a large margin - I know we already hadĀ that, butĀ what didĀ China, Russia, Prussia and Poland have to do with the Carribean in the Age of Sail???

I mean iā€˜m German, but i donā€˜t want(ed) Prussia or anyĀ other German state of that time to be in game, because they simply held no real possesions in the Carribean!

Edit: Introducing China into the game would nag at the authentincy even more, because as far as i know, they didnā€˜t even sailed the type of ships the game is about!

Okay, granted, they also had ships with sails onĀ them, but ...

To be fair in the timezone when this game plays Poland had a island there. Also did Russia had one.Ā  I am not sure about Prussia.Ā  Well actually they did just pay the colony there and wasn't a big nation at war in the carribean. But they hold atleast 1 portĀ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lukas97Austria said:

To be fair in the timezone when this game plays Poland had a island there. Also did Russia had one.Ā  I am not sure about Prussia.Ā  Well actually they did just pay the colony there and wasn't a big nation at war in the carribean. But they hold atleast 1 portĀ 

Interesting!

Do you have any sources / prove for it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

But it would decrease the authenticy further byĀ a large margin -

loki rune says hi

Ā 

I am all for allowing another nation(s) in but I would think they need a capital. Plenty of space in the Gulf of Mexico to put 1 port in for any of the so called "impossible" nations who need a place to be able to grow from.

Ā 

imho would make for better gameplay

• Like 1