Game-Labs Forum

Slower conquest of County Capital Ports

I would like to propose the simple suggestion of making it so a nation has to have a dominant presence in a county, before being able to launch an attack on the county capital port. Basically the attacking nation would need to have conquered more than 50% of the smaller ports in the county before they are allowed to do a hostility mission on the capital. 

I think it would help nations protect their ship building ports, instead of losing their most important port from a single battle. It would also would add importance to those smaller ports, which are sometimes even abandoned after the capital falls. Plus we'd get more varied port battles as well and just more RvR battles in general. 

And I know it's been suggested before, but how about more interesting rewards for winning ports battles? Conquering a capital port could give an admiral chest to every player that participated in the port battle. Every player in the nation should get something too, just a lesser reward, maybe a gold chest. So that screeners from the nation can get something too. Smaller port battles could give a captain's chest to the port battle participants and silver chests to the rest of the nation. A single victory mark is just not enough to motivate more port battles and get more players involved in RvR. 

Maybe players wouldn't get so upset over losing a capital port if they at least have more of a chance to defend it and have a chance to counter attack and take back the smaller ports before an attack on their capital becomes possible. Also could make it so nations can't flip more than 1 port in a county in the same day (unless the ports are neutral). 

More rewards just for taking a port, even if it is a 'useless' port; I think would bring more RvR. Specially if nations don't have to worry about destroying another nation to get those rewards. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 1

currently you have to pay 1 timer (250 000 reals/day) to protect 3+ satellite ports. regarding your suggestion those "small" nations would need to pay for each port generating even more pressure on this "small" playerbase to pay 3*250k + 250k each day.

A far better way would be to reduce the need to have 1st rate monofleet to actual be able to participate in RvR. 

I might remember that regarding the shotweight dmg model update it was said that first rates will be king of the seas and therefore hard to get. current situation doesnt look like that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, z4ys said:

currently you have to pay 1 timer (250 000 reals/day) to protect 3+ satellite ports. regarding your suggestion those "small" nations would need to pay for each port generating even more pressure on this "small" playerbase to pay 3*250k + 250k each day.

A far better way would be to reduce the need to have 1st rate monofleet to actual be able to participate in RvR. 

I might remember that regarding the shotweight dmg model update it was said that first rates will be king of the seas and therefore hard to get. current situation doesnt look like that.

Y i k e s, you're criticizing the suggestion without providing any suggestion of your own that might be better. 

First, you're mentioning payments for timers which I never mentioned. Timer costs can also be changed for smaller ports, the smaller the port BR, the cheaper the timer. So even a small nation, can hold their ports without much 'pressure'. Second, you're contradicting yourself a little bit there, you say there's a need to reduce the requirement of a 1st rate for RvR participation but then you say 1st rates should be harder to get? If 1st rates are not hard to get then why can't people get them for RvR? I don't understand your points. 

I think 1st rates are hard enough to get, the issue in that regard, at least in my opinion is that so little RvR happens that more 1st rates get produced than are being sunk. Encouraging players to get their rates out more can lessen that problem. 

• Like 1

If owning 1 port in the region would allow the enemy nation to jump to next region then yes! If enemy nation needs to take 3-4 ports, then the regional capital, just to pass a nation they are not interested in fighting it will be to slow to be fun imo.. :(

• Like 1