Game-Labs Forum

Loot stolen

We also need the loot to be available only for the captain who got the "kill". With possibility for him to make this "available for all".

Why is it different for the loot and for the ship ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aquillas said:

We also need the loot to be available only for the captain who got the "kill". With possibility for him to make this "available for all".

Excellent suggestion, hold should be locked just like in boarding or surrender

1 hour ago, Aquillas said:

It's ironic that players who don't make the kill can steal the loot from another player, but if an AI makes the kill, or the fort...you cant loot that ship.

• Like 1

hi, I'm the player LEGIONE.
just a few clarifications:
A) During my entry into the battle the titular player didn't tell me to get out.
В) The enemy ship was taken and boarded by me after having discharged several trips.
C) Initially I joked a bit with the player on the national chat, given his and others 'anger' I offered him a mercury as a gift ... even if I think about it I just didn't steal anything because at the time of my entry into game the enemy ship was barely scratched.

final note:
I am not a thief or a jackal who drives ships at the end of the battle to get in the middle and steal the loot without having the right to do so ... and I guarantee you that the game is full but it is not my case.
I agree with you in making the loot only to those who carry out the kill or who carry out the boarding ... maybe even implementing a menu to possibly divide the loot or the ship with those who participated in the battle.

I bought the game a year ago and fought under the English flag (Quinto Ario).
in the new phase of the game, I found only the grade but not my old fleet, so I started out completely as a pirate.

Thank you.
Francesco Olivieri.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It's ironic that players who don't make the kill can steal the loot from another player, but if an AI makes the kill, or the fort...you cant loot that ship.

Players who don't make the kill don't deserve the loot. If the kill is made by a bot, even from a player's fleet, the player can't have the loot, which is perfect in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Normaly the ship in better position to the sunk vessel takes the loot. After the battle my buddies and I trade the loot. If only the "killer" can loot the wreck this will delay the loot, cause the killer has to sail maneuvers quite often or stop/slow down.

I'm not sure whats the better way - only the killer is able to loot or also others can loot 

38 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

Normaly the ship in better position to the sunk vessel takes the loot. After the battle my buddies and I trade the loot. If only the "killer" can loot the wreck this will delay the loot, cause the killer has to sail maneuvers quite often or stop/slow down.

I'm not sure whats the better way - only the killer is able to loot or also others can loot 

how it is possible to exchange the loot between "comrades" after winning the fight.?

24 minutes ago, LEGIONE said:

do you have to be part of a clan?
from which port screen / menu this is possible.

there is not a simple mechanic unfortunately.

While in port - there is a Trade channel that pops up. You can talk to the player in question through other channels as well.

While both players are in the port, one player needs to speak in any channel, preferably the trade channel or nation channel, and then you can "right-click" their name and select the "trade" option. This will bring up a trade window and from then you can trade money, ships, and items.

On 7/13/2019 at 2:35 AM, --Privateer-- said:

I'm not sure loot stealing is tribunal worthy.

Devs should give us outlaw battles and we could handle it ourselves. 😉

Outlaw Battles only if other nations can join either side. #BringBackOutlaws

25 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

Outlaw Battles only if other nations can join either side. #BringBackOutlaws

what are you talking about? Outlaw battles vas 50 player FFA with unlimited join timer and a large "join wherever you want" circle :) and this is indeed what we need :D 

16 minutes ago, Wyy said:

what are you talking about? Outlaw battles vas 50 player FFA with unlimited join timer and a large "join wherever you want" circle :) and this is indeed what we need :D 

When there were Outlaw Battles, I was a US player and no other nation could join a Rat v Rat battle. If Rat v Rat Outlaw comes back, I feel that any nation should be able to join either side of that battle. The dirty SORRY Rats used to hide in those Outlaw battles all the time after they'd gank us and then hide from revenge ganks.

I remember there being Green on Green for all nations, and ppl would automatically be switched to rats if they attacked their own nation. So the devs fixed that and made it only for rats. And that was just exploit hiding all day long. This is why I say other nations should be able to join on either side.

17 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

When there were Outlaw Battles, I was a US player and no other nation could join a Rat v Rat battle. If Rat v Rat Outlaw comes back, I feel that any nation should be able to join either side of that battle. The dirty SORRY Rats used to hide in those Outlaw battles all the time after they'd gank us and then hide from revenge ganks.

I remember there being Green on Green for all nations, and ppl would automatically be switched to rats if they attacked their own nation. So the devs fixed that and made it only for rats. And that was just exploit hiding all day long. This is why I say other nations should be able to join on either side.

must be a long time since you played when it was outlaw battles then, because i played post that update so you couldnt attack ships of own nation, i though still think that mechanic should come back and be the only way to become pirate, by doing pirate stuff, along with the outlaw mechanic where you only have a Join Battle button to click and its full on ffa no matter what nation choose to join, they keep their nation flags though of course

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, LEGIONE said:

do you have to be part of a clan?
from which port screen / menu this is possible.

If the players are in the same Nation they don't need to be in a port. They can also trade on open sea. 

Sail Close to each other, click on your comrad and chose trade. A new (private) chat will be established so you can trade everything in the hold of your and your buddies ship. 

It's about time we got the final battlescreen back, that we had before patch 10. Where the loot was automatically distributed by kills at the end of the battles. By this way, such problems would not occur at all. And we can do what we wanted in the instances, namely fight and not loot.

Also in fleet battles we are no longer forced to give up a good position to our opponent (a very important factor in naval battles, especially with ships which, due to their design, have only limited firing arcs to their sides) and, without an alternative route, go to looting. And we are no longer forced to choose between keep fighting or go looting. The current looting mechanic is for me one of the biggest annoyances, that have come into this game.

In a game that simulates ranged combat, but we have to go close to the enemy to loot, just something is not right.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 9:01 AM, HamBlower said:

I'd disagree with this, anyone should be able to loot any ship. Outlaw battles would allow us to police the jackals but if I die and I want my buddy to loot me, he should be able to. If I get a kill but I let a buddy finish it off for me, he should be able to loot it. If the loot was his, he would have it; he would have been there to loot it first. And since this was a boarding action, he wouldn't have gotten it anyways. This is more about stealing a kill, sounds like.