Game-Labs Forum

@admin Storms are by far the worst content in this game. all the do is hinder open world movement/operations. if you not going to have storms in battle then take them out of the game as a whole. and no I don't mean some little rain storm. I want to see some big waves I know you have the in game already. you can do your usual RE introduce and old feature and call in new content move. YA KNOW like you did with paints and several ships and like im sure your going to do with the diana.  

either delete the storms who put them in right. stop doing the job half way. 

#Deletestorms 

• Like 9

I disagree. Open world storms are useful for Traders allowing us a greater chance of sneaking in and out of enemy ports and avoiding the open world threats. I would agree however in having them available in battle. I well recall the EA battles with storms in them - they were a lot of fun and added to the challenge. #stormsrock #battlestormsrockharder

• Like 6

I'm with KoC on this.  I miss the old storms, gave the underdog a chance and was dramatic.  The open world storms where you can't see anything are just irritating.  Have the rain effects but make it easier to see but I'd love to see the old storms in battle back.

Edited by Roadkill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

I disagree. Open world storms are useful for Traders allowing us a greater chance of sneaking in and out of enemy ports and avoiding the open world threats. I would agree however in having them available in battle. I well recall the EA battles with storms in them - they were a lot of fun and added to the challenge. #stormsrock #battlestormsrockharder

yea except the real hunters no know to void the visual effect of storms. most of the time. 

1 hour ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

Unfortunately until they remove the free camera view this isn't the case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

yea except the real hunters no know to void the visual effect of storms. most of the time. 

If you can avoid them most of the time.....what's the problem?  I assume you weren't able to find someone in a storm on the OW.....which is something that never ever happened in the realm of sailing history.  #realism

Real storms in battle would be nice tho.  

• Like 2

Admin told us, storms requiring other servers to function, and it was costly. 

I hate storms in OW, because they last very long according to game time scale. I think storms should last around a half in game day, 5-10 minutes real time, it will be more realistic. 

I hope they don't remove foul weather.  It makes sailing interesting having some choppy sea and poor visibility.  Puts a bit of challenge to find ship wrecks.  The heavy fog masks the ship and is a smugglers best friend.

I would love to have real storms with heavy seas that smash ships to bits, but it ain't going to happen.  The Devs are against it.  Would love to have sand bars that we can be stuck on, and rocky shores that cause damage, but it's just a futile dream.

Currently foul weather is not much of an inconvenience, and it doesn't last long.  The vast majority of the time the weather is fair, or light overcast.  Variety provides some contrast.  It would be boring to have it sunny all the time.  Since the last big wipe I've been in two storms.

I think perhaps the biggest haters of storms are those players that want NA to be just continuous fighting, like an arena style combat simulator.  Seems like for some players storms just make it harder to find and start a battle.

• Like 2

I have been playing for three years now & i always loved the storms. I do wish they came in a varied strengths though and more lighting effects too. Time of duration wouldn't be bad either. I never had a chance to play Sea Trials when they had storms but I think that would be neat to play in, beside it would level out the playing field of player skills. So please NA bring on the storms.

• Like 2

#STORMS

from the old days when we had them, they had a fun to them but also got real old too.  Devs said they take up to much resources to run or something like that.  Sounds like they need to buy better servers or get better coders. I mean what are they spending all that DLC money on, cause it's not for new ships, paints or flag models it seems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

from the old days when we had them, they had a fun to them but also got real old too.  Devs said they take up to much resources to run or something like that.  Sounds like they need to buy better servers or get better coders. I mean what are they spending all that DLC money on, cause it's not for new ships, paints or flag models it seems.

Now those videos do take me back......memories 🤤