Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrustyJohnson

Suggestion: Scouting/Spying on Enemy Ports

It's a boring day at work so I'm entertaining myself with ideas to improve the game, sorry y'all.

I think adding features for new and solo players to contribute to the game is awesome and i think allowing players to scout and/or spy on enemy ports could be cool. Entering an enemy port is a dangerous affair and is not very well rewarded, even after delivering a mission item you cannot pick up a new delivery mission. I think if there were a way for players to grab a "scouting report" or something from an enemy port while docked in there in a trader ship and delivery to their nation's capital for a reward it would make for an interesting RvR enhancement + more PvP opportunities and a way for traders to bring the fight back to the enemy nations that keep ganking them.

The scouting report could provide valuable information to a nation, such as:

- in-depth details on who and what ships were docked there.

- which port bonuses it provides

- buy/sell contracts

- ???

-enhanced readiness for PB (maybe a nerf to taggers or something?)

It could also work alongside the proposed "raid" battle mechanic. Perhaps each scouting report on a port provides 1% toward the port being "scouted" and thus would open up the ability to raid it; or maybe make a raid easier. Or maybe it could make hostility missions contribute more to hostility if a port is fully scouted. Scouting reports could also poss. be collected and sold to other nations to help facilitate their wars. Scouted ports should probably be reduced to 0% after each server reset or maybe at the cost of port owner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aster said:

You already can sail into a enemy port with a trade ship and see contracts/ port bonuses. 

Ah well I meant providing that info to the whole nation

14 minutes ago, CrustyJohnson said:

Ah well I meant providing that info to the whole nation

you can tell it in chat :)