Game-Labs Forum

Tagged and kept in battle without intention to fight

https://imgur.com/a/WuCrNKu

Tagged by a requin, which immediately dropped sails at larger distance, without having intention to fight. Instead of leaving the battle, or engage, he had some strange reasons to shoot me, not allowing me at least to leave the battle.

Should not be tolerated.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Wenden said:

https://imgur.com/a/WuCrNKu

Tagged by a requin, which immediately dropped sails at larger distance, without having intention to fight. Instead of leaving the battle, or engage, he had some strange reasons to shoot me, not allowing me at least to leave the battle.

Should not be tolerated.

Thanks.

He says he practising to see how close he can come. That he can practice against AI so not really a valid reason.

Ok, maybe I am missing something here. Once battle is started if no hits are achieved either side can leave after what...2 min?

After you have 30 seconds of invisibility and heightened speed to get a fair distance from the annoyance. 

I can see using the tactic in a couple of situations, 1. to hold an intruding vessel (such as outside KPR) so that a defensive fleet or group can get organized to destroy the ship and 2. To intercept an approaching port battle fleet and keep it occupied.

The thing is, if no hits are achieved then either side can exit in 2 min or so. If you are being kept in battle past 2 min, it is because you are taking pot shots at him. Am I incorrect in this? If he is not firing at you and you do not fire at him then about 90 seconds later you can exit. What is the issue? If you are staying in battle trying to squash the little bug and he is there to delay you until a fleet arrives to kill you than you are making his mission a success. Sometimes the best tactics are the ones that use the opponents ego against himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

Ok, maybe I am missing something here. Once battle is started if no hits are achieved either side can leave after what...2 min?

After you have 30 seconds of invisibility and heightened speed to get a fair distance from the annoyance. 

I can see using the tactic in a couple of situations, 1. to hold an intruding vessel (such as outside KPR) so that a defensive fleet or group can get organized to destroy the ship and 2. To intercept an approaching port battle fleet and keep it occupied.

The thing is, if no hits are achieved then either side can exit in 2 min or so. If you are being kept in battle past 2 min, it is because you are taking pot shots at him. Am I incorrect in this? If he is not firing at you and you do not fire at him then about 90 seconds later you can exit. What is the issue? If you are staying in battle trying to squash the little bug and he is there to delay you until a fleet arrives to kill you than you are making his mission a success. Sometimes the best tactics are the ones that use the opponents ego against himself.

You can see the smoke from his ship.  He's keeping the poster in and not engaging by staying a range.

Ok, looked at the image, OP was in a Trinc and was engaged by a Requin. No issue there.

Requin is firing at the Trinc - thus he is engaging.

Trinc has forward guns, but if he was stupid enough to put carro's there then he has no right to complain because someone figured it out. If the Trinc has mediums or longs then at that range he should fire back. 

Results: Nothing in that image warrants a tribunal. It seems that the Trinc chose a weapon configuration that was not able to deal with a target that was able to stay out of it's range.

Chances are the requin was ascertaining if in fact the trinc was a 100% carro configuration.

Edited by Raekur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You can see the smoke from his ship.  He's keeping the poster in and not engaging by staying a range.

Firing at a target last i checked by definition is engaging. Just because the requin is not being stupid enough to get into a broadside to broadside duel is not sufficient ground to call foul. You run a 100% carro load, expect to get ranged to death. It is the choice you make for being able to maul something at point blank range.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Firing at a target last i checked by definition is engaging. Just because the requin is not being stupid enough to get into a broadside to broadside duel is not sufficient ground to call foul. You run a 100% carro load, expect to get ranged to death. It is the choice you make for being able to maul something at point blank range.

No it's called griefing if he is only firing to tag and keep you in a fight and not engage you.  Griefing is against the rules.  Going off the OP's desc of what is going on he wasn't trying to engage or get better wind of fight. Your jsut assuming things that could be going on.  Since we only have one side of the story we don't know and a picture here isn't going to tell the whole story like a video would, but there is no sail damge, the guy is firing only to keep him tagged in and not to fight him and that by definition is griefing and against the rules.

• Like 3

hmm , borderline. If he was in fact waiting for a Fleet to form up or to keep him tag until someone with a bigger ships can jump in due his lower BR, its allright. but if its just about griefing, its shoud be punished. But i guess we will never figure it out..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

No it's called griefing if he is only firing to tag and keep you in a fight and not engage you.  Griefing is against the rules.  Going off the OP's desc of what is going on he wasn't trying to engage or get better wind of fight. Your jsut assuming things that could be going on.  Since we only have one side of the story we don't know and a picture here isn't going to tell the whole story like a video would, but there is no sail damge, the guy is firing only to keep him tagged in and not to fight him and that by definition is griefing and against the rules.

You claim that i am assuming that the requin is doing a delay action waiting for other ships to arrive or at the very least is attempting to determine what cannons are onboard the Trinc.

You are equally guilty of assuming that the requin is only engaging to grief the trinc. 

Since we have only the one picture to go off of lets examine a few things and make a few more assumptions.

1. It is already 15 min into the battle and both are sitting there with their sails down, this would suggest that this is not the first engagement as the OP has stated. Does not prove either theory.

2. There is no damage to either the trinc's hull or sails at the time of the image and the trinc is 16 seconds from being able to leave. So this may suggest that the requin is only doing minimal damage (most likely from the front guns) to keep the trinc held in battle. Does not prove either theory.

3. OP stated that one option they tried was to log off at sea, this would suggest that either the trinc was very far from shore or was in enemy waters and no accessible port was in range. This could be either as well but I would lean towards the trinc was the invader since if the requin was in hostile water it would be better to avoid heavy frigates and continue raiding. Add to this that since the OP never indicated that he called for assistance this would further support the idea that the trinc was the invader.

End Result: When you invade a hostile nation, dont bitch about the tactics they use to gain the advantage. This includes delay tactics waiting for a larger ship to come deal with you. Demanding that the enemy close and fight you close quarters is pathetic. Cheeky tried that crap with me when he attacked me at a friendly port, it didnt work then, I dont see it ever working in the future with anyone. No one has the right to guilt someone into playing the game in a manner they do not chose. You want to fight close quarters, get a faster ship or suck it up buttercup.

52 minutes ago, Raekur said:

When you invade a hostile nation, dont bitch about the tactics they use to gain the advantage.

It doesn't matter if you think it's a valid tactic, griefing is and always has been against the rules, just like green on green, just like alt farming. However, people don't seem to take it as seriously because a) griefing is poorly defined b) it's hard to prove c) Admin has yet to deal any 'real' punishment out for it. 

Maybe a tribunal with solid video evidence and a demotion for the offending party would force people to take the rule more seriously. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Raekur said:

You claim that i am assuming that the requin is doing a delay action waiting for other ships to arrive or at the very least is attempting to determine what cannons are onboard the Trinc.

You are equally guilty of assuming that the requin is only engaging to grief the trinc. 

Since we have only the one picture to go off of lets examine a few things and make a few more assumptions.

1. It is already 15 min into the battle and both are sitting there with their sails down, this would suggest that this is not the first engagement as the OP has stated. Does not prove either theory.

2. There is no damage to either the trinc's hull or sails at the time of the image and the trinc is 16 seconds from being able to leave. So this may suggest that the requin is only doing minimal damage (most likely from the front guns) to keep the trinc held in battle. Does not prove either theory.

3. OP stated that one option they tried was to log off at sea, this would suggest that either the trinc was very far from shore or was in enemy waters and no accessible port was in range. This could be either as well but I would lean towards the trinc was the invader since if the requin was in hostile water it would be better to avoid heavy frigates and continue raiding. Add to this that since the OP never indicated that he called for assistance this would further support the idea that the trinc was the invader.

End Result: When you invade a hostile nation, dont bitch about the tactics they use to gain the advantage. This includes delay tactics waiting for a larger ship to come deal with you. Demanding that the enemy close and fight you close quarters is pathetic. Cheeky tried that crap with me when he attacked me at a friendly port, it didnt work then, I dont see it ever working in the future with anyone. No one has the right to guilt someone into playing the game in a manner they do not chose. You want to fight close quarters, get a faster ship or suck it up buttercup.

Uh your views are actually very wrong.

1.  He put his sails down (the OP) cause he's being tagged by the other player and he's not fighting.  He's using the LRQ to keep out reach of his ship.    That is why he stopped in place with is Trinc, it's pointless trying to chase a LRQ all over the place that doesn't want to fight.   Yes it is 15 mins into battle and there is no damage, but he can't leave cause the LRQ keeps tagging him.   Notice no repairs have been done either on the Trinc so all the LRQ is doing is tagging to keep the clock going.  

2.   You don't have to do damage, you just have to hit them and it resets the timer.  16 Seconds but ass we see the poof of smoke from the LRQ he is firing to retage him and keep him in the battle.  From the front guns?  He's T in front of the Trinc and firing his broad sides one at a time (hint the single smoke poof) to try to hit him and reset the timer. 

3,  Where are you getting that OP stated he was at sea trying to log out, that isn't listed any where in this thread?  Sound like once again your just assuming and making things up.  In fact there is very little details about who is in who's waters or where they are.

As @Privateer state it's very hard to prove things when you don't have video proof, but Devs can check the log and all he's doing is firing every time the timer gets close to running out just to reset it and doing nothing else that is griefing and is against the rules.

• Like 1

Well wtf I finally got tribunaled after 5 years.

This player and his buddy was trying to tag one of our new players that was in his ship for the first time but I caught him first.

He then began to demand I come closer so he could shoot me with his carronades.

He never once put his sails up to even sail his ship the pic shows the start and finishing of the battle. 

Knowing he had carros I never moved  he had bow chasers he never fired he figured I should let him go so he and his buddy could kill our new guy. 

If a guy never moves his ship while I hit him time after time with longs that is his choice. A tribunal for not engaging me and demanding I let him go because he doesn't want to fight me not gonna happen you sail to enemy ports you get what you get you cant pick and chose then demand to be let go. He figured his buddy was going to get in it didn't happen so I shot time after time after time at him I engaged what I tagged and game logs will show it wasn't one shot then nothing was continuos fire.

Feel honored after 13k hours ingame a fool tribunals me. 

Wenden if you don't want to fight your ship leave it at the docks your mouth and your superior attitude caused the fight to last a little longer (I'll Admit that ).

Wee I made tribunal have to go tell the wife :)

• Like 1

And the single shots were at his masts hoped I hit enough to drop one was shooting double charge

This was 15 min in the battle he convieniently didn't show the first part of the shit he posted to me just what made him look the victum lol

Edited by Dragonfire

On 7/9/2019 at 10:37 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

And your assuming a ton as usual he repaired the sails took a screen and called foul knowing guys like you with half the facts would do exactly what you did jump to conclusions as if it was fact. He panned back from the ship to make it look farther than it was I was firing level with the masts his shot was landing beside me just not quite able to reach me. All he has to do was sail 5 yards up to hit me but he sat and whined.

Know all the facts Texas before you spout what you think is fact. You first clue should of been way pic was taken to make it look long distance